Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloody DVLA  (Read 1164 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Bloody DVLA
« on: 01 February 2019, 00:06:58 »

Went to tax my new wheels just now and can,t do it as they are updating the web site for HGV tax rate changes. >:(  Sod it will do first thing.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody DVLA
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2019, 08:43:15 »

Done, First time i,ve done it on line. VED that is. ;)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2019, 08:47:54 »

I scrap a car last year by selling it to the scrappers, Scrappers did there thing all well and good, and presumably did the DVLA Paperwork thing.

2 months later Im noticing Im still paying the Road Tax via Direct Debit, Go online to see if the Car is still Taxed and if it is I'll Sorn it as a Temp Measure to get me out of paying the RTax, System doesn't reconise the Reg Number or the Doc Ref Number, presumably because its been Scrapped, on the Phone to DVLA cant get through, so think Bollards to it I just cancel the DDM through the Bank.

Get notification from DLVA that the Bank has Cancelled to DDM, yes I already know that, and I have to Re Tax or Sorn the Car, which I cant do because its no longer on the system, back on the Phone cant get through, stuff em.

Still awaiting a response or not. ?

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2019, 08:58:18 »

Was it on SORN when you scrapped it? That was what i did to avoid paying the tax when i buggered mine up. Got a refund in about 14 days. Which doesn,t help you unfortunately. :(

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2019, 09:34:02 »

Was it on SORN when you scrapped it? That was what i did to avoid paying the tax when i buggered mine up. Got a refund in about 14 days. Which doesn,t help you unfortunately. :(
No it was Taxed (and Insured and MOT) as it was on the Road and was given a 3 Day window for them to pick up, which was fine with me as it wasnt going anywhere due to Cam Belt fail.

I had something simular in the past like this, sometimes it drops off the system and you never hear again, other times they issue and pursue a £80 fine followed up by Credit Chasers which can end going around in circles with the only real option to pay the 80 quid to put it to bed, otherwise it could start to get expensive.  >:(

« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 09:37:44 by zirk »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2019, 01:42:50 »

I scrap a car last year by selling it to the scrappers, Scrappers did there thing all well and good, and presumably did the DVLA Paperwork thing.

2 months later Im noticing Im still paying the Road Tax via Direct Debit, Go online to see if the Car is still Taxed and if it is I'll Sorn it as a Temp Measure to get me out of paying the RTax, System doesn't reconise the Reg Number or the Doc Ref Number, presumably because its been Scrapped, on the Phone to DVLA cant get through, so think Bollards to it I just cancel the DDM through the Bank.

Get notification from DLVA that the Bank has Cancelled to DDM, yes I already know that, and I have to Re Tax or Sorn the Car, which I cant do because its no longer on the system, back on the Phone cant get through, stuff em.

Still awaiting a response or not. ?

Do not pass Go, do not collect £200 and avoid Traitors Gate at high tide, as you are marched into the Tower, as it is designed to drown you.This is your vital survival plan! :o :o :o What could go wrong? ::) :P :-[ ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.