Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opti will love this  (Read 1256 times)

STEMO

Opti will love this
« on: 07 February 2019, 11:43:45 »

He is very sympathetic towards us oldies, so will be pleased to hear that we are being looked after. I just received this email from Northern Powergrid:

Investments in our network mean the chances of power cuts have reduced dramatically in recent years, but in winter, storms, floods and other extreme conditions can sometimes cause damage to your local power network. Northern Powergrid is here to fix things 24/7, 365 days a year...whatever the weather.
As one of our Priority Services customers, we'll make sure that you receive extra help and support if there is a power cut.
You can use our dedicated priority phone number, which will get you through to one of our specially trained Powergrid Care advisors straightaway. Just call 0800 169 2996. We're available for you 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Our teams will work to keep in contact with you throughout your power cut, to check you are okay. We might also be able to send one of our customer support vehicles to your area to provide hot drinks, and charging points during a longer power cut.
You may also benefit from our partnership with the British Red Cross. We can arrange for them to visit your home should you need additional help, or just need someone to talk to over the telephone.

;D ;D ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Opti will love this
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2019, 11:54:47 »

Quite right! You wouldnt want to get back from the garden centre and find your zimmer frame wasnt fully charged.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2019, 12:32:47 »

Even I get embarrassed when things like that happen. I'm 65, FFS, I'm not in need of care in the home just yet.
For anyone that's about to reach pension age, you're in for an age-related shock when you call the DWP to claim it. They will speak to you v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y, so your feeble brain can take it all in, and give you plenty of time to find your NI Number and date of marriage. It kind of puts you into 'daft old bugger' mode.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2019, 12:43:37 »

Even I get embarrassed when things like that happen. I'm 65, FFS, I'm not in need of care in the home just yet.
For anyone that's about to reach pension age, you're in for an age-related shock when you call the DWP to claim it. They will speak to you v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y, so your feeble brain can take it all in, and give you plenty of time to find your NI Number and date of marriage. It kind of puts you into 'daft old bugger' mode.  ;D

Yes......along the lines of " You take as long as you need, dear" is there somebody there that can help you and explain things to you?"..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2019, 12:47:19 »

.....I suggest you take up their offer of hot drinks. I wouldn't want you to scold yourself while reaching for the kettle. That could lead to a nasty fall. :)

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2019, 12:48:12 »

.....I suggest you take up their offer of hot drinks. I wouldn't want you to scold yourself while reaching for the kettle. That could lead to a nasty fall. :)
That's scald, young fella  ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2019, 12:49:34 »

That's scald, young fella  ;)

Yes....just realised, old boy. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2019, 12:58:34 »

You could also scold yourself for not getting the home help to make the tea...

Especially having just scalded yourself...  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2019, 16:13:02 »

I think we are all worried about STMO now. Worried he'll have a fall........worried he won't be able to remember where he lives.......worried he'll forget to change his underwear. :)

I'm genuinely concerned. :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 18 queries.