Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Zero Sympathy.  (Read 2630 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Sympathy.
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2019, 17:55:36 »

Also seems to me in a lot of cases like this people[mainly family/friends]round on the police and say if they hadn't been chasing the crims they wouldn't have crashed and got injured/killed or injured/killed totally innocent bystanders quite overlooking the fact that if the offenders hadn't committed the offence and then run the police wouldn't have been chasing them in the first place.As per title of thread zero sympathy for the offenders.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 February 2019, 18:05:29 »

Also seems to me in a lot of cases like this people[mainly family/friends]round on the police and say if they hadn't been chasing the crims they wouldn't have crashed and got injured/killed or injured/killed totally innocent bystanders quite overlooking the fact that if the offenders hadn't committed the offence and then run the police wouldn't have been chasing them in the first place.As per title of thread zero sympathy for the offenders.

Exactly right Baza! :y :y

I would also add that the police in these chases are not any old plod but fully trained, Advanced drivers who are also qualified in Tactical Pursuit.  They have to get authorisation to start a full pursuit, but are highly qualified to assess traffic, weather and general road conditions.  They also take on the massive responsibility of high speed pursuit, with always the risk of facing investigation, carried out by the IOPC, when deaths occur as in this case.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2019, 18:07:51 by Lizzie Zoom »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 February 2019, 01:26:09 »

As people of my age always say, about everything really.............it's getting worse.

.....never would have happened in 'my day'.......or, bring back national service...... :)

I thought 'in your day' horse stealing was a hanging offence & a light sentence, for a minor misdemeanor, was a free one way ticket & boat trip to Australia followed by a few years hard labour. :P :P :P
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.