Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Referendum  (Read 17955 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Second Referendum
« Reply #90 on: 13 March 2019, 01:23:48 »

Here's my latest conspiracy theory!  :)

Today (Weds) MP's vote against leaving with no deal.

Tomorrow (Thurs) MP's vote to extend Article 50 period.

European Council (EU27) refuse to extend Article 50 period.

Theresa May brings the Withdrawal Agreement back to Parliament for a third time a few days before 29th March and it passes with a slim majority.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland leaves the European Union on 29th May 2019 after a short extension is granted for technical legislative reasons.

The trade negotiations begin, but despite the UK giving major concessions like granting the EU fishing fleet full access to our waters and agreeing joint sovereignty over Gibraltar with Spain, there is little progress due to EU intransigence and inflexibility.

On 1st January 2021 the UK goes into the backstop and despite frantic diplomacy from the UK the EU refuse permission to exit.

The Labour Party under their new leader, Keir Starmer win the 2022 General Election on a platform of a referendum to rejoin the EU.

The referendum is held in May 2023 and the result at the end of a long and acrimonious campaign is 54% in favour of rejoining.

Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer begins negotiations with the EU to join the EU and it is made very clear that there will be no opt outs or vetoes and the UK will be treated like any other new member.

The United Kingdom joins the European Union as it's 34th* member on 1st January 2025 and on 26th June 2026 becomes the 33rd** member of the Eurozone. 

* Meanwhile the West Balkan countries have joined.

** Denmark is the only country to resist intense pressure for all EU countries to adopt the Euro.

« Last Edit: 13 March 2019, 01:37:13 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 13 March 2019, 07:01:37 »

A nightmare scenario, but it could happen.  :o
If it did happen, the divisions we see in the UK now would in hindsight, seem like a harmonious utopia.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 13 March 2019, 08:35:41 »

Keir Starmer would be popular pm. Same way David Milliband would have been compared with Ed Milliband.
« Last Edit: 13 March 2019, 08:41:15 by Varche »
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 13 March 2019, 09:35:15 »

Yes, if the EU seem intransigent in their "negotiations" now, wait until they've got us under May's deal and we start to talk about the end game where they have everything they want in the bag and we go begging for some scraps.  ::)

It would have been a much better strategy to walk away from the table as soon as they started talking about staging the negotiations, or when they allowed Varadkar to dig his oar in. It has been obvious since then that it would come to nothing.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 13 March 2019, 09:54:03 »

In 2026 it is announced in Brussels that the single European Defence Force (EUDF) will be established starting with the single European Naval Force (EUNAVFOR).

On 1st January 2028 the Royal Navy is abolished and control of it's vessels and personnel is ceded to EUNAVFOR's HQ in Brest.  All former RN ships are renamed after prominent Europeans who have worked in pursuit of European unity and so HMS Queen Elizabeth becomes EUS Angela Merkel and HMS Prince of Wales becomes EUS Jean Claude Juncker.  Other former RN ships become variously EUS Michel Barnier, EUS Leo Varadkar, EUS Tony Blair etc and are dispersed to EUNAVFOR's bases across the continent.

Portsmouth and Plymouth naval bases are closed and become retail parks. HMNB Clyde (Faslane) becomes the sole EUNAVFOR base in the UK but is greatly reduced as the Vanguard submarines are moved to Brest and Faslane becomes home to a couple of small fishery protection vessels EUS Nicola Sturgeon and EUS Gordon Brown.

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 13 March 2019, 11:05:14 »

Here's my latest conspiracy theory!  :)

Today (Weds) MP's vote against leaving with no deal.

Tomorrow (Thurs) MP's vote to extend Article 50 period.

European Council (EU27) refuse to extend Article 50 period.

Theresa May brings the Withdrawal Agreement back to Parliament for a third time a few days before 29th March and it passes with a slim majority.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland leaves the European Union on 29th May 2019 after a short extension is granted for technical legislative reasons.

The trade negotiations begin, but despite the UK giving major concessions like granting the EU fishing fleet full access to our waters and agreeing joint sovereignty over Gibraltar with Spain, there is little progress due to EU intransigence and inflexibility.

On 1st January 2021 the UK goes into the backstop and despite frantic diplomacy from the UK the EU refuse permission to exit.

The Labour Party under their new leader, Keir Starmer win the 2022 General Election on a platform of a referendum to rejoin the EU.

The referendum is held in May 2023 and the result at the end of a long and acrimonious campaign is 54% in favour of rejoining.

Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer begins negotiations with the EU to join the EU and it is made very clear that there will be no opt outs or vetoes and the UK will be treated like any other new member.

The United Kingdom joins the European Union as it's 34th* member on 1st January 2025 and on 26th June 2026 becomes the 33rd** member of the Eurozone. 

* Meanwhile the West Balkan countries have joined.

** Denmark is the only country to resist intense pressure for all EU countries to adopt the Euro.

Sure as eggs is eggs this will happen.

We will then go cap in hand and ask (beg) for an extension.

The EU can decide  to say yes or no. The EU can decide if any extension will be for a short period or virtual infinity.

Still, at least we will be taking back control. ::) ::) ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 13 March 2019, 11:09:18 »

In 2026 it is announced in Brussels that the single European Defence Force (EUDF) will be established starting with the single European Naval Force (EUNAVFOR).

On 1st January 2028 the Royal Navy is abolished and control of it's vessels and personnel is ceded to EUNAVFOR's HQ in Brest.  All former RN ships are renamed after prominent Europeans who have worked in pursuit of European unity and so HMS Queen Elizabeth becomes EUS Angela Merkel and HMS Prince of Wales becomes EUS Jean Claude Juncker.  Other former RN ships become variously EUS Michel Barnier, EUS Leo Varadkar, EUS Tony Blair etc and are dispersed to EUNAVFOR's bases across the continent.

Portsmouth and Plymouth naval bases are closed and become retail parks. HMNB Clyde (Faslane) becomes the sole EUNAVFOR base in the UK but is greatly reduced as the Vanguard submarines are moved to Brest and Faslane becomes home to a couple of small fishery protection vessels EUS Nicola Sturgeon and EUS Gordon Brown.

Albs will be fine with this. :)

STEMO

« Reply #97 on: 13 March 2019, 11:30:03 »

I'm past caring, really I am. It will make eff all difference to me personally and, TBH, this country is not worth me losing sleep over.
I certainly won't bother voting ever again though.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 13 March 2019, 11:37:43 »

I'm past caring, really I am. It will make eff all difference to me personally and, TBH, this country is not worth me losing sleep over.

You've already said that you're leaving on the 29th March whatever happens........that should be enough. :y

Don't worry about the rest of the country.

STEMO

« Reply #99 on: 13 March 2019, 11:44:13 »

You've already said that you're leaving on the 29th March whatever happens........that should be enough. :y

Don't worry about the rest of the country.
Yes. It will be relatively easy. No french wine or cheese, no German sausages and treating Europeans as if they don't exist. That last bit should be simple in Barnsley, they don't tend to live or work here.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #100 on: 13 March 2019, 11:49:47 »

It's nearly time for PMQ's. Should be a friendly, easy going type of debate.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 13 March 2019, 12:44:21 »

It's nearly time for PMQ's. Should be a friendly, easy going type of debate.

Get ready for deployment of the "I've lost my voice" defence. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 14 March 2019, 19:25:11 »

I'll be honest.  I gives me no pleasure to say "I predicted this when I tried to convince people to vote remain"

I'm tired and scared for the future.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 14 March 2019, 20:01:20 »

I'll be honest.  I gives me no pleasure to say "I predicted this when I tried to convince people to vote remain"

ffs grow a pair of balls.
Snowflake !

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 14 March 2019, 20:15:07 »

It was far worse for those in this country in 1940, but they lived and rose above it all to win a great victory. We can and must do the same with a far simpler challenge :y

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.