Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Signum......appreciating asset.  (Read 3202 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Signum......appreciating asset.
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2019, 18:14:07 »

At least it shouldn't be as nose heavy as it was when they shoved the straight six 3l lump into it and called it an MGC.

Lighter than the four cylinder too. Even with a Vectra sump it's a little tight between the chassis rails and crossmember, but we'll manage.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2019, 18:26:06 »

At least it shouldn't be as nose heavy as it was when they shoved the straight six 3l lump into it and called it an MGC.

Lighter than the four cylinder too. Even with a Vectra sump it's a little tight between the chassis rails and crossmember, but we'll manage.

Presumably the 3 litre V6 Omega lump is significantly more powerful than the 3 litre V6 'Essex' lump, and 3.5 V8 Rover/Buick lump.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2019, 18:37:15 »

Presumably the 3 litre V6 Omega lump is significantly more powerful than the 3 litre V6 'Essex' lump, and 3.5 V8 Rover/Buick lump.

A child's handheld windmill is more powerful than a 3.0l Essex ;D 190hp is the highest Rover output, but they're now expensive to buy)far more than the £250 he paid me), invariably need an expensive rebuild on top of that and the Lucas EFI isn't brilliant either. Plus they're massive things; longer and wider than a small-block Chevy. The V6 is shorter, narrower, lower, has an internal oil pump and only 3 exhaust ports each side to fit(the stock manifolds ought to work).

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2019, 19:01:39 »

Yep, that's what they do. Give you a week to stew and then improve the offer. My astra went from £12500 to £13200 after a week.
Thought I'd leave that up for a while for people to express shock. But no.  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 March 2019, 19:04:01 »

If my car is only worth a few hundred quid it would be worth it for the engine alone.

Put in a 'Sevenesque' kit car weighing around 500 KG it would make for a potent little beast.

250 BHP as stock, or an easy 300 BHP with a remap, would give it an excellent power to weight ratio.

We will soon be fitting my old 3.0l engine and manual box into a friend's MGB, which should be interesting!

A waste of a decent engine.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 March 2019, 19:08:40 »

If my car is only worth a few hundred quid it would be worth it for the engine alone.

Put in a 'Sevenesque' kit car weighing around 500 KG it would make for a potent little beast.

250 BHP as stock, or an easy 300 BHP with a remap, would give it an excellent power to weight ratio.

We will soon be fitting my old 3.0l engine and manual box into a friend's MGB, which should be interesting!

A waste of a decent engine.  ::)

They're like Lexus V8s; there is no market for replacements for the cars they were supplied in because they don't go wrong enough. And the MGB's biggest problem was always the hopeless engine it had from the start.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2019, 19:11:35 »

I drove one last year and yes the engine was shite, but so was every other aspect of the car. Any modern 1.0 hatchback would be a better car in any scenario, apart from feelings of nostalgia / long lost youth , and all that.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2019, 20:59:51 »

I drove one last year and yes the engine was shite, but so was every other aspect of the car. Any modern 1.0 hatchback would be a better car in any scenario, apart from feelings of nostalgia / long lost youth , and all that.
Driven properly, even a 1.6 Trolley can run rings a round a badly driven hot hatch.

At least with a 3.0 Omega lump in it, the MG stands a reasonable chance of starting and running long enough to be driven ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 March 2019, 13:45:06 »

At least with a 3.0 Omega lump in it, the MG stands a reasonable chance of starting and running long enough to be driven for the power to completely overwhelm the primitive suspension. ;)

FTFY
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.