News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OCD  (Read 4561 times)

STEMO

Re: OCD
« Reply #15 on: 09 March 2019, 11:28:31 »

OCD is a form of anxiety.

Some people take it to the extreme. Always having to do the same thing in the same way for the same number of times. If they don't they are sure 'something bad will happen'
Like, say, changing your oil every 3000 miles?

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2019, 11:36:16 »

I know some of the OCD behaviour can seem oddly amusing but to see someone who's life has taken over by OCD is a tragic sight , it just ruins their life  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 March 2019, 11:43:21 »

We are all creatures of habit to a greater or lesser degree...
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2019, 11:45:25 »

Some people take it to the extreme. Always having to do the same thing in the same way for the same number of times. If they don't they are sure 'something bad will happen'
nowt wrong with regular oil changes ,filter and oil are less than £20 ,some of the fleet do less than 3k a year  :P

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 09 March 2019, 12:02:38 »

nowt wrong with regular oil changes ,filter and oil are less than £20 ,some of the fleet do less than 3k a year  :P
Of course not, Dave, it's fine.....just fine.......honest.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2019, 12:31:49 »

Apparently everyone has OCD to a lesser or greater extent.It's when 'rituals' start start taking over your life that it becomes a problem.

I'm informed that everyone is also on the autistic spectrum. Most people being at the bottom end which doesn't cause any problems.Not sure if this is true or total bol*ocks.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2019, 12:42:42 »

It's not fine that my Tata is going in for a service only 4000 miles after it was last done. It's not fine that if I don't do it I will void the warranty, and without the 'stamp in the book' the car will lose more in value than the cost of the service (£285) which it doesn't need.

I think the government should pay. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 March 2019, 12:45:06 »

The human brain and the spirit that lurks somewhere in it is one amazing thing.  I will always wonder about the claim that we use just 10% of it's potential capacity.  How much more could we achieve if we knew how to use it?  Would the average human be more dangerous, or be a source of the answers required to bring about peace across the world?

A few years ago I had to have a fairly complicated operation and was on some fairly hefty opioid pain killers for a few days after.   :(

During this time I had some strange hallucinations, visions, 'experiences' call them what you will, but one of them was that I 'saw' the solution to the world energy crisis!  :y 

I kid you not, and the solution was jaw droppingly obvious!  :o  :)  Trouble was that once they weaned me off of the opioids, I forgot what it was....  ::)  Damn!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 March 2019, 12:48:26 »

The human brain and the spirit that lurks somewhere in it is one amazing thing.  I will always wonder about the claim that we use just 10% of it's potential capacity.  How much more could we achieve if we knew how to use it?  Would the average human be more dangerous, or be a source of the answers required to bring about peace across the world?

A few years ago I had to have a fairly complicated operation and was on some fairly hefty opioid pain killers for a few days after.   :(

During this time I had some strange hallucinations, visions, 'experiences' call them what you will, but one of them was that I 'saw' the solution to the world energy crisis!  :y 

I kid you not, and the solution was jaw droppingly obvious!  :o  :)  Trouble was that once they weaned me off of the opioids, I forgot what it was....  ::)  Damn!  ;D

'Darzett boy'...huh.

Was the operation anything to do with webbed feet and toes? ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 March 2019, 12:56:50 »

'Darzett boy'...huh.

Unlike people from your part of the world we don't need webbed feet and toes, nor are we known for married our cousins Aunt!  :P  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 March 2019, 13:18:01 »

'Darzett boy'...huh.

Unlike people from your part of the world we don't need webbed feet and toes, nor are we known for married our cousins Aunt! :P  :)

Lincolnshire leads the world with both 'cyclops eye and third eye syndrome'

The belief in witchcraft and a flat Earth is also well established.

However, I do not come from these parts originally......so I understand that farmyard animals are not to be used for sexual gratification. :)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 March 2019, 13:37:53 »

It's not fine that my Tata is going in for a service only 4000 miles after it was last done. It's not fine that if I don't do it I will void the warranty, and without the 'stamp in the book' the car will lose more in value than the cost of the service (£285) which it doesn't need.

I think the government should pay. ::)
I'm not bothered about getting stamps in the service history AFTER i buy a car ,provided it has adequate stamps or history prior to me buying it  ;D
Warranty  ??? I don't spend enough on a car for anyone to guarantee it  ;D

I don't stress about depreciation or resale values either ,plenty of Johnny foreigner types round these parts will collect and pay cash for cars I retire out the fleet at end of life/economic reasons

£285 for a service  ::) cost less than that to do 2 oil changes with filters,air filter,fuel filter,both track rod ends,both drop links,front spring,new discs and pads all round and the MOT on the Zafira A (tractor juice edition) 10 months of being in the fleet , just passed MOT in the week, no advisories

ok , so I did the spanner work, so no labour  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 March 2019, 13:43:47 »

'Darzett boy'...huh.

Unlike people from your part of the world we don't need webbed feet and toes, nor are we known for married our cousins Aunt! :P  :)

However, I do not come from these parts originally......so I understand that farmyard animals are not to be used for sexual gratification. :)

Oh you should try that!  :y  You might like it!  ;D

I'd steer clear of anything with feathers though.  :-\  :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 March 2019, 13:47:15 »

'Darzett boy'...huh.

Oh you should try that!  :y  You might like it!  ;D

I'd steer clear of anything with feathers though.  :-\  :D

I'm not proud to say that I've been with a few dogs in my time....... :-\

The variety with two legs and a............. ;)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 March 2019, 21:57:11 »

wife has a bit of OCD.

What doesn't work is saying "What's the worst that could happen ?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.