Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 18757 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit
« Reply #15 on: 13 March 2019, 20:02:13 »

I am bored shitless with our politicians on this.

Although it has all been very predictable.

We need a totally new political class,  Will you lead us forward TB to start the cull.
Seconded  :y

happy to supply the deep trenches and concrete for local disposal  :P

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 March 2019, 20:11:46 »

Sounds to me that all these Votes tonight are really going to shake up the EU  ;D

At least now Mrs M can go back and threaten the EU and say, right if you dont give us the deal that every MP wants, I going to, We'll going to, I going to, er, well we'll going to, urm            .......we'll going to have another Vote, wait one I'l  be back next week.  ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17 on: 13 March 2019, 20:20:04 »

I just don't care anymore been through worse than this whole clusterf**k.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 March 2019, 20:21:57 »

Sounds to me that all these Votes tonight are really going to shake up the EU  ;D

At least now Mrs M can go back and threaten the EU and say, right if you dont give us the deal that every MP wants, I going to, We'll going to, I going to, er, well we'll going to, urm            .......we'll going to have another Vote, wait one I'l  be back next week.  ::)
Exactly.  We never had a good bargaining hand, which is why the deal fell short of the pre referendum promises.  We have absolutely nothing left to bargain with.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 March 2019, 21:06:56 »

Two weeks to go and none of us , especially the politicians know where we are going.

The whole of Westminster needs sacking and their pay and expenses recovered. Set up a war cabinet and take rhe intiative. We have become a nation of frightened witless can’t do it .

When the campaign buses hit the trail prior to the peoples vote2.0 , I do hope the terms of rejoining the EU we never left , are spelt out.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 March 2019, 21:30:30 »

Now that our Dear Leaders have voted against leaving the EU with no deal under any circumstances, what's the betting that Mssrs Barnier, Juncker and Tusk will be willing to reopen the Withdrawal Agreement?  ???

Anyone for a Customs Union?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 March 2019, 21:34:17 »

You know , all my life I have lived in what I considered to be a democracy . In the many times I have voted I have abided by the outcome ,win or lose , and that was simply down to the belief that that is the fair and , although sometimes unpalatable , correct thing to do.
When I think of the numerous times in my life I have read and listened to reports of disaffected and disillusioned voters in third world and what I considered to be corrupt and disinfranchised countries who had their winning democratic vote stolen from them by an unscrupulous and amoral opposition and I gave it little more than a passing thought.
I can now genuinly feel their anger and distress at being denied a basic human right .
I am utterly ashamed at being British at this moment , ashamed at witnessing the devious, self centered machinations of a group of elected representatives who arrogently deny and thwart the will of the majority vote in a supposidly democratic nation.
Their " I know better than you " attitude is unforgivable and reflective of a society devoid of principles or honour .
I have no doubt that this new sociopolitical approach will be repeated on other voting results by the ignoble members of the HOC and their renewed and much more dictatorial superiors in  brussels .
And when it does I hope they feel the fury that I feel right now .
Damn them all.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 March 2019, 22:07:34 »

We originally signed up to a simple trade agreement/consortium, which was fine - and then we had a political situation forced upon us, effectively losing our sovereignty in the process.
Return to the original EEC and all will be well.....

Ron.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 March 2019, 22:57:22 »

If voting made a difference, they wouldnt let us do it. Mark Twan allegdedly.l
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 March 2019, 09:31:21 »

very true ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 March 2019, 11:45:05 »

Assuming 650 MP's my guess is that 500 of them will vote against a 'no deal' brexit.

.......the population as a whole are probably less concerned about no deal.

Unless there income can be considered more secure with a deal, they like foreign travel to europe etc etc

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 March 2019, 12:16:37 »

Most of the places people travel to for holidays depend heavily on tourist income, whether they're in the EU or not.

The Canaries and Turkey aren't in the EU, for example, so can't see much changing there.

Travel for work is slightly different and might mean getting visas that previously weren't needed, but the economic demands of both country and company should see that process kept to a minimum... If a country/region makes it difficult to bring staff in for project purposes, then the company will simply move, taking its jobs and spending elsewhere.

The only reason Nissan and Mini keep threatening this is because they are French and German owned respectively.
Onanists always think outside the box.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 March 2019, 12:21:52 »

You know , all my life I have lived in what I considered to be a democracy . In the many times I have voted I have abided by the outcome ,win or lose , and that was simply down to the belief that that is the fair and , although sometimes unpalatable , correct thing to do.
When I think of the numerous times in my life I have read and listened to reports of disaffected and disillusioned voters in third world and what I considered to be corrupt and disinfranchised countries who had their winning democratic vote stolen from them by an unscrupulous and amoral opposition and I gave it little more than a passing thought.
I can now genuinly feel their anger and distress at being denied a basic human right .
I am utterly ashamed at being British at this moment , ashamed at witnessing the devious, self centered machinations of a group of elected representatives who arrogently deny and thwart the will of the majority vote in a supposidly democratic nation.
Their " I know better than you " attitude is unforgivable and reflective of a society devoid of principles or honour .
I have no doubt that this new sociopolitical approach will be repeated on other voting results by the ignoble members of the HOC and their renewed and much more dictatorial superiors in  brussels .
And when it does I hope they feel the fury that I feel right now .
Damn them all.

THAT is how I feel  >:(
Democracy is dead in this country because you cannot trust any of our MP's to carry out the wish of those who put them in power in the first place.
ALL the little shits have forget the main thing .............. They work for US, not the other way around  >:(
I have never voted labour in my life but Keir Starmer hit the nail on its head last night when he said that May should have sat down with ALL parties 2 years ago and worked out the best way to get out of the EU as per the referendum before we even spoke to Junker and his chums but NO, the arrogant power crazy bitch had to dig her heals in and play power games within her own party  >:(

God help the next person who bangs on my door canvasing for any party because I can see me getting arrested  :(

Unless its that blond looking for donors for the sperm bank ...................  she'll just get a gob full   :D :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 March 2019, 12:30:35 »

It will be a travesty if TM pulls 'her personal deal' from the dead cat's bowl and brings it out for round 3 of the contest.

It is deeply flawed and deeply unpopular yet even some members of the ERG will vote for it if it becomes a choice between her deal or no brexit. :-\

I'm seriously thinking of moving full time to my holiday home in The Seychelles if this farce continues. :) I suggest you all do the same. :)

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2019, 12:32:00 »

It will be a travesty if TM pulls 'her personal deal' from the dead cat's bowl and brings it out for round 3 of the contest.

It is deeply flawed and deeply unpopular yet even some members of the ERG will vote for it if it becomes a choice between her deal or no brexit. :-\

I'm seriously thinking of moving full time to my holiday home in The Seychelles if this farce continues. :) I suggest you all do the same. :)

Would we all fit in? It must be some size.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.