Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 18683 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit
« Reply #30 on: 14 March 2019, 12:36:17 »

I'm seriously thinking of moving full time to my holiday home in The Seychelles if this farce continues. :) I suggest you all do the same. :)

Um....about that....

https://www.thenational.ae/world/africa/rising-sea-level-poses-threat-to-seychelles-1.516688  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 March 2019, 12:36:45 »

It will be a travesty if TM pulls 'her personal deal' from the dead cat's bowl and brings it out for round 3 of the contest.

It is deeply flawed and deeply unpopular yet even some members of the ERG will vote for it if it becomes a choice between her deal or no brexit. :-\

I'm seriously thinking of moving full time to my holiday home in The Seychelles if this farce continues. :) I suggest you all do the same. :)

Would we all fit in? It must be some size.

I believe that Rhyl is reasonably close to your home city of Liverpool. Perhaps it could be seen as an 'equal value' substitute for the Seychelles. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 March 2019, 12:38:49 »

Um....about that....

https://www.thenational.ae/world/africa/rising-sea-level-poses-threat-to-seychelles-1.516688  ;D

Hmmm......fortunately I also have a modest little place in St Lucia. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 14 March 2019, 12:39:17 »

It will be a travesty if TM pulls 'her personal deal' from the dead cat's bowl and brings it out for round 3 of the contest.

It is deeply flawed and deeply unpopular yet even some members of the ERG will vote for it if it becomes a choice between her deal or no brexit. :-\

I believe that Rhyl is reasonably close to your home city of Liverpool. Perhaps it could be seen as an 'equal value' substitute for the Seychelles. :)
I spent many a day there when I was young. Candy floss, fisn'n'chips, fairground rides, stick of rock to bring back, sick in the car on the way home........happy days.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 March 2019, 12:41:34 »

I spent many a day there when I was young. Candy floss, fisn'n'chips, fairground rides, stick of rock to bring back, sick in the car on the way home........happy days.

As did many. :y

Sadly it now has a reputation as a Grade A shithole.  :-\

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14 March 2019, 12:45:06 »

Reminds me of our holiday home at Telacre near to Rhyl in the 1950s. It was basically a shed on the beach.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14 March 2019, 13:01:43 »

Hmm Rhyl. Went there on a touring holiday in the early 80s. It was closed as it was a Sunday. We ate peanuts out of a vending machine.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14 March 2019, 13:11:47 »

Hmmm......fortunately I also have a modest little place in St Lucia. ;)

Truly a relief to us all, in sure!  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14 March 2019, 13:18:54 »

Hmm Rhyl. Went there on a touring holiday in the early 80s. It was closed as it was a Sunday. We ate peanuts out of a vending machine.

About as good as Rhyl gets, I think.

I'm informed that these days Rhyl is a dumping ground for kiddie fiddlers, adult sex offenders, along with the general prison population, drug addicts, and the long tern unemployed.

But don't let that put anyone off going. I'm sure it's still the same charming little seaside resort underneath. :)
« Last Edit: 14 March 2019, 13:21:19 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 March 2019, 00:50:45 »

Well Mr Speaker has put the cat amongst the pigeons!  ;D

Whether he has done it because he is worried about parliamentary procedure or by rumours that May's terrible deal might get voted in at the third or possibly fourth/fifth time, is moot IMO.  As the only people who can make 'substantial' changes to the WA are the EU.  ;)

Ball in your court M. Barnier!  :)

Tick Tock!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19 March 2019, 07:52:37 »

Teflon. It would soon be back in the UK court.

Maybe the  amswer is no deal and then both sides sit up and realise they need to grow up. Two months of proper negotiations with oily robbins replaced by a negotiator with Britains interests at heart. Then four months of trade deal negotiations with a way forward quickly implemented to reduce business uncertainty.

Or we continue as is..........
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19 March 2019, 09:30:22 »

If we, the UK , were of no value or threat to the brussels boys brigade then they would have tired of us long time ago and cut us adrift .
Funding and absolute control that's what this is all, and only ,about.

I've read so many opinions about the PP required to allow any progress or change to the rapidly diminishing options available and if any are correct then it would seem impossible for any outcome other than an exit on the 29th .

Somebody has to win.....

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19 March 2019, 09:33:23 »

As I understand it, the only way that the Government can bring the WA to another vote in it's current unaltered form, is to close Parliament and reopen a new session which would mean a Queens Speech and a State Opening of Parliament, which would clearly be a complete farce.  ::)

Alternatively Bercow has said it must be substantially different, which I think means changing the WA and the EU have consistently refused to do that.  ::)

So as it stands the options are a long extension of the A50 period (not certain) or leaving without the WA in place.  I'm not going to say No Deal, because there are already lots of mini deals in place covering customs, aviation, haulage etc  :y

Has anyone noticed that the re-mainstream media have gone quiet on the No Deal scaremongering recently?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 19 March 2019, 09:49:12 »

..and it'll only take one EU state to be mischievous and block an extension to substitute that cat for a fox. ;D

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19 March 2019, 10:33:25 »

You mean like Italy is reported to be considering as a favour to Farage?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.