Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Barnsley Council.......phone.  (Read 6938 times)

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Barnsley Council.......phone.
« Reply #15 on: 14 March 2019, 22:25:41 »

I have a 640 as a personal phone,
never had a problem with it, in fact when the wifes android started playing up. I got her a "used" 640 too.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 March 2019, 22:35:40 »

Well seems to me that OOF opinion is that this phone will suit Lord Opti down to the ground!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 March 2019, 17:05:57 »

never had a problem with it, in fact when the wifes android started playing up. I got her a "used" 640 too.
Is it still running the (buggy) Windows 8, or the totally unreliable Windows Phone 10?

Mine is crap in every way. Awful touchscreen response, sluggish, needs frequent restarts, in between the weekly going flat restarts.

If I rated my aging gayPhone 6s as 7/10, the 640 would 2/10, extra 2 points for being able to do DA which neither crApple's paranoia or Goofys info collection system can do.
Grumpy old man

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 March 2019, 17:20:05 »

I guess with M'lud it is either a cheap & cheerful, so not much lost when it impacts with a hard surface when thrown at high speed at his head and misses or one of those ruggedized builders phones in an impact proof case. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 March 2019, 17:24:43 »

I have a Lumia 640 for work, and its positively....   ...utter crap in every way. Utter, utter crap.  The hardware is awful, and the OS is very very buggy and inconsistent.  Did I mention it was shite.

Its one and only redeeming feature is pretty reasonable battery life...  ...but that doesn't take away the fact its utter shite.

In summary, its shite.

I only want it to make and receive calls and I have no idea what an 'app' is or what to do with one.

Still, TB seems to rate it highly as he rates Shami naked and available,  so for £55 delivered 'what's the worst that can happen'? ;) 8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 March 2019, 17:28:17 »

Isn't a 3310 more suitable?
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 March 2019, 17:31:15 »

Isn't a 3310 more suitable?

Why do you always have to suggest things that I have to Google? ;D

Give me 5 minutes. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 March 2019, 17:34:03 »

r the best phone ever made 6310i...   ...but it wont withstand fights with the wall...
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 15 March 2019, 17:35:14 »

OK...so a 3310 is make by Nokia, and looks dated enough that Brunel could have invented it.  :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15 March 2019, 18:00:07 »

I have a Lumia 640 for work, and its positively....   ...utter crap in every way. Utter, utter crap.  The hardware is awful, and the OS is very very buggy and inconsistent.  Did I mention it was shite.

Its one and only redeeming feature is pretty reasonable battery life...  ...but that doesn't take away the fact its utter shite.

In summary, its shite.

I only want it to make and receive calls and I have no idea what an 'app' is or what to do with one.

Still, TB seems to rate it highly as he rates Shami naked and available,  so for £55 delivered 'what's the worst that can happen'? ;) 8)

In summary, its shite.

I have a crappy old second  hand Blackberry, (with the roller ball). It even receives and sends texts.  :D

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 March 2019, 18:31:27 »

Is it still running the (buggy) Windows 8, or the totally unreliable Windows Phone 10?

Mine is crap in every way. Awful touchscreen response, sluggish, needs frequent restarts, in between the weekly going flat restarts.

If I rated my aging gayPhone 6s as 7/10, the 640 would 2/10, extra 2 points for being able to do DA which neither crApple's paranoia or Goofys info collection system can do.

dunno, it works as a phone and camera, I get emythers on it, the tracker on the cars can be accessed, what more do I need?
dont do forums/farceboo on phones, btw it was £30 from a shop in town, put a wallet/case on it and a laminated screen thingie, total cost under £40.  did I mention I`m from Yorkshire?

edit a quick look on Eblag has them from a tenner, through £25 delivered reconditioned etc,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Lumia-640-LTE-8GB-Black-ee-Smartphone-Free-Postage/233133761817?hash=item3647dae519:g:Io8AAOSwTWZbg~M3
« Last Edit: 15 March 2019, 18:36:06 by scimmy_man »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 March 2019, 21:52:58 »

OK...so a 3310 is make by Nokia, and looks dated enough that Brunel could have invented it.  :)

Yep, charge it up once a week whether it needs it or not. :y I'm tempted, actually.. Or have I still got a box of 6310is somewhere? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 March 2019, 22:05:30 »

dunno, it works as a phone and camera, I get emythers on it, the tracker on the cars can be accessed, what more do I need?
dont do forums/farceboo on phones, btw it was £30 from a shop in town, put a wallet/case on it and a laminated screen thingie, total cost under £40.  did I mention I`m from Yorkshire?

edit a quick look on Eblag has them from a tenner, through £25 delivered reconditioned etc,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Lumia-640-LTE-8GB-Black-ee-Smartphone-Free-Postage/233133761817?hash=item3647dae519:g:Io8AAOSwTWZbg~M3
Mine spends most of its life just spinning those dots.  Fortunately we have access to Microsoft support, but as its a dead duck, its just a reboot (that solves it for a few days), and they are now saying they wont react to fixing those sort of faults.  MS are recommending we swap them out for iOS/Android devices as soon as possible.

When it does work, its too sluggish, and an awful touchscreen.

I felt it was better on WinPhone 8 (although the touchscreen was still inaccurate, making typing on it bad), but was forced to 10 for other reasons. But still not a patch on a current-ish iPhone or half decent Android device.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 March 2019, 16:01:53 »

r the best phone ever made 6310i...   ...but it wont withstand fights with the wall...

Stop trying to use it as a sat-nav....

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 March 2019, 19:32:03 »

I hope M'lud isn't disappointed with his Barnsley phone aka carrier pigeon & knows how to look after it. :-[ :P STEMO should be able to provide you with his rare, very valuable, out of print book on keeping pigeons for the right price. ::) I think secondhand on Amazon you are looking at over £100 or nearer a £1000 for a signed first edition. :-X I'm sure STEMO will let you know. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 18 queries.