Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Washing machine repair 2.0  (Read 1547 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Washing machine repair 2.0
« on: 19 March 2019, 20:35:34 »

Somewhat ironic that only a few weeks ago , I was advocating buying secondhand off Facebook/ gumtree rather than attempt a repair.

Our washing machine is an LG bought in 2004 !

On the plus side management is away for a couple of weeks so I will have a look at it when I am a bit better.

Symptom. Water on floor sometimes. Today about an inch of water in drum which was obviously empty after last use on Sunday. Water on floor might have been the filter which was gunked up with impossible stuff.

Cause? Hose leak inside machine , dirt or calcium stopping fill valve from shutting properly. We had a mains outage a week back.

Does the team agree?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Washing machine repair 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2019, 21:05:22 »

Just buy the love of your life a new washing machine Varche. She deserves it rather than you buggering around with a 15 year old example!

That machine is not like an Omega of that age, and is just fit for the scrappy :D :D ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2019, 21:17:45 »

could well be the fill solenoid leaking cheap and easy fix :y

assuming the machine has a dedicated waste  :-\
(not a shared waste with a sink ,which, if partly blocked, could backfill the machine with sink water .

Just buy the love of your life a new washing machine Varche. She deserves it rather than you buggering around with a 15 year old example!
what will Mrs Varche do the washing with  :-\

That machine is not like an Omega of that age, and is just fit for the scrappy :D :D ;)
I doubt a new machine will last 15 years  ::)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2019, 21:47:07 »

Don't be so mean, Lizzie - Varche has kindly spared 'er indoors the regular trips to the river and the large flat stones to do the washing on by buying her a washing machine in the first place!  :P

Ron.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2019, 22:10:52 »

That's what I thought about my daughter's washing machine .... the drum fill up if left a few days. New valve fitted & .... yes, it still fills up over a few days  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2019, 22:15:40 »

That's what I thought about my daughter's washing machine .... the drum fill up if left a few days. New valve fitted & .... yes, it still fills up over a few days  :-\
A few days? Ours gets used twice most days.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2019, 22:25:31 »

Don't be so mean, Lizzie - Varche has kindly spared 'er indoors the regular trips to the river and the large flat stones to do the washing on by buying her a washing machine in the first place!  :P

Ron.

Up until the late 80s , the previous ownercarried her washing a mile to the village communal spring, then carried it back wet to dry.

New waching machine must haves:

A sock sub door, digital time left display, at least four different washes.  Nowt will happen on new machine front till she is back. In meantime I can have a tinker plus wash stuff in the village spring..... been saving a pound a week for its replacement.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2019, 22:53:07 »

Ron.

Up until the late 80s , the previous ownercarried her washing a mile to the village communal spring, then carried it back wet to dry.

New waching machine must haves:

A sock sub door, digital time left display, at least four different washes.  Nowt will happen on new machine front till she is back. In meantime I can have a tinker plus wash stuff in the village spring..... been saving a pound a week for its replacement.

What, late 1880's? ;D ;D

£1 per week!  You tight git! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2019, 23:04:54 »

A few days? Ours gets used twice most days.

There's only 2 of them  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2019, 23:23:48 »

Gotta love a white goods thread!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 March 2019, 02:18:39 »

Check the connector where the appliance's flexible waste hose connects to the waste pipe that goes outside. Ours had a non-return valve flap thingy in the connector. Got blocked with gunk.

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 20 March 2019, 08:58:12 »

And they probably don't soil themselves five times a day like poor uncle STEMO..  :y

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 20 March 2019, 11:16:17 »

And they probably don't soil themselves five times a day like poor uncle STEMO..  :y
I've got it down to three  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.