Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why buy a new car?  (Read 1198 times)

STEMO

Why buy a new car?
« on: 19 May 2019, 19:46:03 »

Well...there is this explanation from MSE forums:

Personally for me if I was buying a new car it would be to have the new car smell, that new car feeling, something that is fault and damage free not even having the lightest of scratches, sitting in the driver's seat knowing someone elses sweaty ball sack hasn't spent thousands of hours perspiring on it, holding a steering wheel that isn't covered with someone else's mucus, having something that is wholly and entirely mine from the start.
 ;D

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: Why buy a new car?
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2019, 22:48:25 »

Is all that satisfaction though worth the thousands of hard earned lost when it drives off the forecourt......not in my opinion. I'd put up with someone's sweaty ball sack on the seat and mucus stained steering wheel knowing my bank balance was a darned sight healthier......but then again it could have been some sweet fragrant young woman - think I better stop there..... :o
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2019, 00:28:53 »

Exactly.. if you want to pay a fortune for all that, then fill your boots. When you've finished with it, it's one more cheap car on the 2nd hand market for me!

Oh, and if these things trouble you, don't ever hire a car.. And definitely don't go in a taxi  :o..  As for buses, trains and planes... ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2019, 07:32:58 »

Whilst a new car should be fault and damage free when picked up not all of them arrive at the dealership that way.Ok people haven't spent thousands of hours in them but what of the factory workers,the transport drivers,the sales people,the mechanics and the valeters who've all spent time in and around it? Valeting products to clean a used car yourself are cheap especially when compared to the depreciation suffered the moment a new car is registered.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2019, 10:02:32 »

Whilst a new car should be fault and damage free when picked up not all of them arrive at the dealership that way.

This.

I've had two 'brand new' cars in my life and neither of them were fault free. That said, neither of Mrs 944's new cars have had any issues.

Personally, if you can afford a new car and it works for your circumstances, I say go for it. However the person Ste's quoting in the OP sounds like they have some sort of mental illness!

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2019, 10:48:03 »

I've had two 'brand new' cars in my life and neither of them were fault free. That said, neither of Mrs 944's new cars have had any issues.

Hmm, remembering the fault on the BMW .. has she taken out a large life insurance policy on you, by any chance?  ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2019, 10:49:27 »

Had three new cars the two Japanese ones were absolutely fault free the Ford had several faults from day one, would never buy a new car again , would stick with one owner low mileage ones been doing that for the last 10 years with no problems whatsoever.😁

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2019, 22:18:11 »

If you understand the Reliability Bath Tub Curve, there's a point, (maybe 15K) when all Faults put in during the manufacture have come to the fore, and long before anything starts to wear out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.