Chat Area > General Car Chat

£4000 for your Omega.

(1/10) > >>

2boxerdogs:
Just driven past my local Vauxhall dealership & they've got a dark green Omega amongst all the newish cars on the forecourt , it has £4000 sprayed on the side of it advertising their scrappage scheme so good time to get rid of the old barges.😀

dave the builder:
"£4000 towards your finance deposit"
and only on certain models
--- Quote from: Tilbo on 08 June 2019, 13:03:33 --- good time to get rid of the old barges.😀

--- End quote ---
OR
spend some time and money extending the life of the "old barge" saving thousands of pounds and enjoy luxury motoring for years to come  ;)  ;D

johnnydog:
Trouble is, like when previous scrapped schemes are on,  cars that aren't destined for the grave yard in the sky end up bring traded in for the so called 'good deal'. Once part of the scrapped scheme, there's no going back. The car cannot go back on the road, even if it is totally roadworthy.
The scrapped scheme is just another ploy to get new cars out of the showroom. If customers actually sat down and worked out how they are paying per annum, against the depreciation, then I'm sure it would be an eye opener for them. A good 3 year old car is financially more viable, but the stigma of a brand new car on the drive is more important for some than the financial side of it.
It's also geared to the monthly outlay - the only question salesmen ask is  'How much do you wamt to pay a month Sir?' and the total cost payable over the term by the customer is rarely mentioned.
But that's what the majority of people consider - the monthly outlay.  A bit like a mortgage - how much is it going to cost each month not for how long, or the total expenditure, which is frightening...

2boxerdogs:
Personally I wouldn't touch any of these "special deals" with a barge pole I'm as, who anyone knows me financially astute ..😀 and would rather drive a bargain than a eurobox.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
I've looked into PCP deals and they are a very expensive way of not owning a car.

They only make (some) sense if you make they final balloon payment which 90% of people don't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version