Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Bluetooth Wireless Dongle

(1/14) > >>

Lizzie Zoom:
I need help please from those on here advanced in IT matters!

I have tried to link my Windows 8, upgraded to 10, desktop PC via a Bluetooth Wireless USB dongle to a Panasonic sound bar.  My laptop is fully paired with the sound bar, and until the previous Bluetooth dongle stopped working when I upgraded to Windows 10, the PC was.

I first tried an apparent all singing all dancing dongle which just gave me a "Driver Error" on the Control Panel screen. I got another one of those, only to have a repeat of that.  I looked up reviews online and others had had problems connecting to Windows 10 and just sent their dongle back.

Two days ago I tried again, via Amazon, with a USB BLUETOOTH BT WIRELESS CSR 4.0 DONGLE, with drivers, and meant to be "Plug &Play" for Windows 7/8/10.  I have again been having to swear out loud and throw things around my front room as, after repeatedly installing, then uninstalling, only to do that again and again (!!!!) I arrive at the same point.

My PC has recognised my Panasonic Sound bar, being shown as successfully connected; it is fully linked. BUT, on the Control Panel screen the Sound bar is shown with "connect" and disconnect" 'buttons, both in grey mode, so not reacting to my constant clicking onto them!!  When I check the link on the dongles details the sound bar, or more precisely speaker, is shown as connected, but when I click on that it displays a "A2DP (sink) device and that prompts me to "connect" it. BUT, again, frustration, as the system after trying to connect just gives me the message "Device failed to respond"!!!!

I have sent an email to the supplier asking for help, but I have noted many cases online where the A2DP (sink) thingy gives people real hassles, so I am not holding my breadth!

As a side issue my iTunes app works fine when just confined to my PC speakers, but is giving me a message of "iTunes detects incompatible Bluetooth software on your computer" and may not work correctly!!  (Once more I have noted online comments that this is not an unusual problem).

So, have any of you simple answers of what is wrong and how I can fix it??  (I have again gone through pages of online Windows system advice, via Bing until I feel sick with the complexity of what I should do - usually I end up with thinking of suicide as a simpler option!!

OR, should I just return this dongle as well?  If so, what can you good guys, hopefully sympathetic for my mental health, suggest as a "good" and easy dongle to use with Windows 10?

I have spent days on this issues, but i want my iTunes being played from my PC through to the Sound bar system eventually!

Many thanks in advance :-* :-* :-* ;)

TheBoy:
Use a cable.

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
And buy a record deck. Digital music is shite.  :y ;D

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 09 June 2019, 17:03:34 ---Use a cable.

--- End quote ---

Thanks TB, but plugged in where?

The sound bar is HDMI linked to the TV, with the other ports used by a DVD player and a PlayStation 4. ;)

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: Lizzie Zoom on 09 June 2019, 18:09:07 ---
--- Quote from: TheBoy on 09 June 2019, 17:03:34 ---Use a cable.

--- End quote ---

Thanks TB, but plugged in where?

The sound bar is HDMI linked to the TV, with the other ports used by a DVD player and a PlayStation 4. ;)

--- End quote ---
Well, assuming the laptop is less than 5 years old, it will have a HDMI socket. But, TBH, it sounds like the soundbar is a bit crap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version