Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Omega callipers

(1/5) > >>

Webby the Bear:
Hi guys. Any idea what colour they were from factory? I assume silver?

Can anyone recommend a paint? Cheers boyos

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Pretty sure they were black young bear.  :y

Nick W:

--- Quote from: Webby the Bear on 13 June 2019, 18:52:32 ---Hi guys. Any idea what colour they were from factory? I assume silver?

Can anyone recommend a paint? Cheers boyos

--- End quote ---

Any paint you can apply to metal will do. The key(pun intended) is to clean the surface thoroughly, and sand it so the paint bonds properly.
If you must paint them, use the same shade as the wheels.

Diamond Black Geezer:
Researched this myself a while ago, Mr Bear.

They were a nickel (or similar) shade, as close to chrome as you can get, practically speaking. Just like this
https://noblehouseclassics.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/080-028-0718.jpg

If you want OEM look then go for a silver that 'pops' - though if you google, there are people that have done homebrew remedies with chemicals and electroplating to renew the original finish. So...

a I used some enamel paint which gave the perfect replication of the original finish... however this has not stood up well and has worn off by about 50% in 5 years on my front ones

b I have opted for a less-accurate visual finish in silver hammerite on the rear calipers, so far not a spec of paint loss 6 months and counting.

c Next time (and when I have some spare calipers) I'll send them in to a sandblaster/powdercoaters and get them to do them. I always try and have a bash myself at any job, I very reluctantly pay anyone to do anything for me, however in this instance the time and money spent in wire brushes, angle grinder electric bill, and paints, versus probably about £40-50 a pair all-in - and with a result better and longer-lasting than I could ever do, that's what I'll do next time.

:y

Andy B:
I painted my Omega's calipers red, both front & rear  :y :y  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version