Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

are Driver and passenger window winder motors the same for all years?

(1/2) > >>

addy:
Sorry if in wrong section. Please could admin move it if it is. Thank you.

Could someone tell me if the window motors are the same drivers and passenger side front, through all the years? I have some later doors to fit on a 1995 Omega, and thought I might be able to use the motor on it, instead of having to take the one off the original doors. I have the wiring looms off the 1995 doors.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Addy

TheBoy:
I put FL doors on my MFL, and never swapped electric windows over

addy:
Thanks The Boy. Will fit door and connect motor. Shame the central lock motors aren't the same through out the years.

Addy

MonzaGSE:
Different connector on 94/95 cars. Slightly oval connector on both window motor and central lock. More square connector from 96 and up. That said the pin layout for the connectors are the same. A 94/95 car can use both type og central locks and electric window motors because the older style oval connector slides in nicely in the newer window motor or central lock. Connector wont «lock» properly but ive done this many times and never had one fall apart.

So:
-older door loom can handle both old and new type central lock/window motor
-newer door loom can only use new type central lock and window motor.

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: addy on 15 June 2019, 19:41:38 ---Thanks The Boy. Will fit door and connect motor. Shame the central lock motors aren't the same through out the years.

Addy

--- End quote ---
Mostly the same.  As MonzaGSE says, its only the very early cars that are different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version