Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: the 3 things that wind me up the most!  (Read 6487 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: the 3 things that wind me up the most!
« Reply #45 on: 08 May 2007, 20:54:28 »

I was following a mate of mine in the Westie this weekend. He has a motorhome, which is what you drive when all your cars have become too silly to drive on the road and you have to ferry them from one race meet to another.

Anyway, started to go round a bend on the sliproad between the M42 and M40 and a shedload of water poured out of the bottom of his motor home and hit me straight in the face.

First words to him when we pulled up?

"Please tell me that bit of pipe is NOT the overflow from your chemical loo!"

It wasn't, thankfully.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Joneyentee

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 May 2007, 21:00:01 »

On the rare occasion you come across a car doing 50 it would be a pain I admit, but how many times do you come across a LGV overtaking another LGV and it takes miles for them to overtake. That happens hundreds of times a day.
What's wrong with that? You can use the opportunity to sit in the slipstream and save fuel  ;)
Reading of signatures prohibited...

Martin_1962

« Reply #47 on: 08 May 2007, 21:17:57 »

come on then, no one has mentioned CARAVANS, I pull a caravan, as i am sure a lot of you do, whats your opinions on these, are there many Jeremy Clarksons out there???????

;D ;D  

I thought I had!  ;)
I'm picking my 'new' 'van up a week on Friday. It always amuses me the people who HAVE to get passed you no matter what - even if they are then going to travel slower than you were in the first place  >:(
A 'van on the back of a 3.0 Omega isn't slow ;)  :y

Even a 2.0 is OK, the 2.6 is great!

They will try anything - even going 20 mph over the limit flat in an Escrap out just to get past the caravan - then they slow down and hold you up, I knew I should have gone faster!

Martin_1962

« Reply #48 on: 08 May 2007, 21:22:03 »

Why shouldnt they be allowed on road at busy times, a survey was done on the M5 south bound near the weston super mare area, it was said that caravans were causing the delays on peak holiday periods, this was carried out for over 2 months, caravans were restricted to the inside lane only, this was done and the results were that even more jams were caused as all caravans were in the inside lane along with the HGVs, the tail backs were unreal, needless to say the restriction was lifted as caravans could not overtake the HGVs.
Its everyone to there own, I dont relish the thought of sitting in a tin can for hours on end flying over some ocean with screaming youngsters.
 ;D ;D ;D  
I flippin hate caravans. Cannot see the fascination. If you're going camping, go camping. If you want comfort, get a cottage.

The idea of being cramped up in a tiny box on wheels doesn't float my boat, and they shouldn't be allowed on roads at busy periods.

And yes, I have tried it. Pointless.

I ingored the trial, as I was on the M5 I could not get into the packed standstill inside lane (Almondsbury forces into middle lane from then on forget inside lane until the top of the hill)

So did the Omega with big trailer in front of me ;D ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #49 on: 08 May 2007, 21:23:28 »

Why shouldnt they be allowed on road at busy times, a survey was done on the M5 south bound near the weston super mare area, it was said that caravans were causing the delays on peak holiday periods, this was carried out for over 2 months, caravans were restricted to the inside lane only, this was done and the results were that even more jams were caused as all caravans were in the inside lane along with the HGVs, the tail backs were unreal, needless to say the restriction was lifted as caravans could not overtake the HGVs.
Its everyone to there own, I dont relish the thought of sitting in a tin can for hours on end flying over some ocean with screaming youngsters.
 ;D ;D ;D  
I flippin hate caravans. Cannot see the fascination. If you're going camping, go camping. If you want comfort, get a cottage.

The idea of being cramped up in a tiny box on wheels doesn't float my boat, and they shouldn't be allowed on roads at busy periods.

And yes, I have tried it. Pointless.
Blooming caravans  >:(.

There's me, trying to test the cooling capacity of my poorly tractor this bank holiday, trouble is, every burger van owner (aka caravan) wanted to be around truckfest and silverstone, purely to hinder me  >:(

;D

Got to go to Cornwall in less than 2 weeks. Gonna be stuck behind the swaying stupid things all the flippin way. Can't see round them as they are too flippin wide, too long to overtake safely except in rare locations, and stuck at 30mph  >:(.  Oh joy.

Look out for a Bailey Discovery 400 with Silver Omega not holding anyone up :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08 May 2007, 21:27:11 »

Watch out for a silver MV6 either overtaking you, or ramming you if you won't pull over and let the convoy by ;)
Grumpy old man

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 May 2007, 22:01:37 »

Not to hijack this thread but I'm a kind caravanner.  I only go out once or twice a year :y I do pull over if I see a snake building up behind me :y Why  :-? Because it's safer that either driving too fast just to please the cars behind or worse, pissing some idiot off so much he tries to overtake - what is essentially a 35ft vehicle, and then proceeds to chop off my nose when he sees oncomming traffic. >:(

Why is everyone always in a rush ( except tractor drivers and the elderly of course)  :P
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Martin_1962

« Reply #52 on: 08 May 2007, 22:05:35 »

Watch out for a silver MV6 either overtaking you, or ramming you if you won't pull over and let the convoy by ;)

Depends on how fast you are going ;D, you would get me on a long down hill where you go carefully, especially approaching Fraddon - that hill is scarey!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08 May 2007, 22:07:30 »

Depends on how fast you are going ;D, you would get me on a long down hill where you go carefully, especially approaching Fraddon - that hill is scarey!
I think I could outrun you and your van anywhere ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08 May 2007, 22:09:07 »

I think I could outrun you and your van anywhere ;)
Come to that, the Rover would outrun your rig....
Grumpy old man

Nickbat

« Reply #55 on: 08 May 2007, 22:32:25 »

Why is everyone always in a rush ( except tractor drivers and the elderly of course)  :P

Dunno, but what I DO know is that most people will accept standing in a supermarket checkout queue for several minutes without a word, but put that same person behind the wheel of a car and a ten-second delay will cause them to give a long blast on their horn. I live on a  school-run road and the horn blasters can be activated after just a five-second delay. Gets on my t*ts!  >:(

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 08 May 2007, 22:42:14 »

even the checkout queue can be avoided by charging towards the till with a huge pack of toilet rolls and a red face of panic!

however this only works in smaller supermarkets without customer toilets

Nickbat

« Reply #57 on: 09 May 2007, 00:08:33 »

even the checkout queue can be avoided by charging towards the till with a huge pack of toilet rolls and a red face of panic!

however this only works in smaller supermarkets without customer toilets

;D ;D ;D

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09 May 2007, 12:44:27 »

On the rare occasion you come across a car doing 50 it would be a pain I admit, but how many times do you come across a LGV overtaking another LGV and it takes miles for them to overtake. That happens hundreds of times a day.
What's wrong with that? You can use the opportunity to sit in the slipstream and save fuel  ;)

Thats tailgating and aparently it would seem thats a crime equal to manslaughter  ::)
« Last Edit: 09 May 2007, 12:50:44 by Phil »

Gwilym

• Bridgwater, Somerset, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 09 May 2007, 14:32:48 »

My pet hate is tailgating through a 30. Whether is be a lorry or another car, I hate it when they are so close can't see their bonnet.

I refuse to be pushed into going faster (speed limits are there for a reason). However, when the GLF sign appears, the 3.0 v6 leaves them for dead until the next 30 of course when they catch up and follow me again.

Gwilym

White '00 3.0 MV6 Estate (Ex Met Police Firearms Car)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.