Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: Bus nostalgia  (Read 217617 times)

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
Re: Bus nostalgia
« Reply #30 on: 13 March 2010, 20:31:21 »

Funnily enough, I have a bus too!!!!!

Its a Leyland "swift"   converted to a luxury 4 berth motorhome, with 4ltr six cyl cummins, with a 3 sp auto box, and returns 20 mpg anywhere.

Took me 2 years to convert, and now I have to sell it to make up the 25% deposit on a new house (boo-hoo).

Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

alunonhisown

« Reply #31 on: 13 March 2010, 23:13:21 »

Funnily enough, I have a bus too!!!!!

Its a Leyland "swift"  converted to a luxury 4 berth motorhome, with 4ltr six cyl cummins, with a 3 sp auto box, and returns 20 mpg anywhere.

Took me 2 years to convert, and now I have to sell it to make up the 25% deposit on a new house (boo-hoo).

Like this one?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Leyland_Swift.jpg

splott

• Omega Knight
  • Bebington, The Wirral
  • Veccy with a Miggy engine..............
    • Vectra GSI 3.2 v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 March 2010, 23:16:17 »

Nice one! Loos like Kos airport??? :-/
Thank you for reading this. I’ve officially wasted your time!

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 March 2010, 10:07:12 »

Sorry Kev, but it's the Channel Islands here! :y

It seems that these Leyland Swifts were not paricularly happy bunnies here in the UK.
That said, their 7'6" width would be useful over there.

Mainland operators didn't seem to keep them for long.
 :(
« Last Edit: 14 March 2010, 10:10:45 by Reliance505 »
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

splott

• Omega Knight
  • Bebington, The Wirral
  • Veccy with a Miggy engine..............
    • Vectra GSI 3.2 v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 March 2010, 10:17:21 »

Sorry Kev, but it's the Channel Islands here! :y

It seems that these Leyland Swifts were not paricularly happy bunnies here in the UK.
That said, their 7'6" width would be useful over there.

Mainland operators didn't seem to keep them for long.
 :(

May be wish full thinking then on my part Byron, as it looks nice and sunny there. :y
Fed up with this crap weather :( :(
Thank you for reading this. I’ve officially wasted your time!

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14 March 2010, 10:20:08 »

Yep Di, EXACTLY like that one, only white, and now has lounge, toilet, shower, kitchen, and dining room areas!!

(oh, and only 9 seats..................)
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14 March 2010, 11:04:14 »

Yep Di, EXACTLY like that one, only white, and now has lounge, toilet, shower, kitchen, and dining room areas!!

(oh, and only 9 seats..................)
Bodywork by Wadham Stringer I believe?
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 March 2010, 11:24:10 »

Yes'm!!
Has two walled and wallpapered seperate bedrooms, one with 4'6" double bed, and the other with full size pine single bed, kitchen with fullsize fridge freezer and proper gas cooker on lpg, microwave, and all the toys like flat screen tv's and freeview in all rooms!!

And I've got to sell it.............(sob)

alunonhisown

« Reply #38 on: 15 March 2010, 12:17:58 »

Yes'm!!
Has two walled and wallpapered seperate bedrooms, one with 4'6" double bed, and the other with full size pine single bed, kitchen with fullsize fridge freezer and proper gas cooker on lpg, microwave, and all the toys like flat screen tv's and freeview in all rooms!!

That is worth seeing some pics of young man. I remember driving one of them for Martin Howarth. He was a big noise in 60 60, but Gareth always knew who was boss, and it was not Martin.

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 March 2010, 14:49:08 »

When you come over to get car kit done, I'll show you it.
Havent got any "fifshed" pictures, just w.i.p ones from two years ago to about six months ago. Its taken me two years of evenings and weekends to get it ready to be m.o.t'd and used!!
Seriously, "young man"???...........i'm a year older than you!!!

(but I love being called young)

you're a sweetie, Di. xx

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 March 2010, 14:49:48 »

Got to get my teeth in.....I meant "finished", sorry.

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15 March 2010, 16:12:29 »

Yes'm!!

That is worth seeing some pics of young man. I remember driving one of them for Martin Howarth. He was a big noise in 60 60, but Gareth always knew who was boss, and it was not Martin.

Wasn't he a former Merthyr Corporation bus fitter, who left to start the Silverline operation?

alunonhisown

« Reply #42 on: 15 March 2010, 16:16:50 »

Yes'm!!

Wasn't he a former Merthyr Corporation bus fitter, who left to start the Silverline operation?
You got him. That went tits up and he now works for Silverline again, actually called 1st Call Silverline, they took over the Merthyr Swansea route couple years ago after Stagecoach said it was not viable.

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15 March 2010, 16:23:03 »

Bloody Hell!! isn't it a small world...................bought mine from a garage in carlyle, drove it home overnight from there. found out since it was a northern ireland bus, and before that a channel island one from jersey. BUT......I was put on to the bloke i bought it from by Martin after a chance conversation in the bus depot..........!!

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 15 March 2010, 16:34:42 »

Yes'm!!

Gareth Handy of 60-60 coaches ..........
Have you heard of a chap from Troedyrhiw by the name of Glyn Bowen?
Some years back he had a bus in 60-60s depot for spares. I went there and removed the gearbox for a friend's Leyland Tiger Cub. That same gearbox has now been further transplanted into a Stratford Blue Leyland Leopard.
 Tidy bunch of chaps at 60-60 - even gave us a shout for a cuppa :y
« Last Edit: 15 March 2010, 16:35:18 by Reliance505 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.