Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Next Cambelt Party..  (Read 18145 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Cambelt Party..
« Reply #60 on: 19 April 2007, 12:06:50 »

TB - Hows it looking for you in June?
Absolutely no chance I'm afraid. Nor May. Nor around 8th July (my birthday ;))...
Grumpy old man

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 19 April 2007, 16:43:05 »

I would love to come down on the 28th but I want to do the Cambelt, tensioners, water pump, aux belt, cam covers, and O/S exhaust manifold gasket in one go which I think is a bit much for the day so I will do it at home where it doesn't matter if I dont get it all done, plus I dont want to give the wife anything to moan about as I only get so many passes out and I want to save it till the Lakes do :y
Retired

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 19 April 2007, 16:54:49 »

I would love to come down on the 28th but I want to do the Cambelt, tensioners, water pump, aux belt, cam covers, and O/S exhaust manifold gasket in one go which I think is a bit much for the day so I will do it at home where it doesn't matter if I dont get it all done, plus I dont want to give the wife anything to moan about as I only get so many passes out and I want to save it till the Lakes do :y

Nice list you've got there pete, thankfully all I've got left on that is the manifold gasket, but think mines the n/s one  :'(

So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 19 April 2007, 22:03:26 »

I am down for Newbury if ClarCE is hosting.  BBQ, etc. it's all good!  I can stop by Brackley on the way down and pick up tools if TB is providing.  I will reiterate my request for jackstands and trolley jack.  Otherwise I will be bringing some tools and my share of BBQ consumables.  

Don't have; V6 cam kit, 30mm spanner, or 8Nm torque wrench.
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19 April 2007, 22:05:50 »

I am down for Newbury if ClarCE is hosting.  BBQ, etc. it's all good!  I can stop by Brackley on the way down and pick up tools if TB is providing.  I will reiterate my request for jackstands and trolley jack.  Otherwise I will be bringing some tools and my share of BBQ consumables.  

JamesV6CDX still has my camlock kit.
Grumpy old man

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 19 April 2007, 22:12:49 »

I suppose he'll bring it if he comes then.  ::) ;D

p.s. If someone has a big drip tray that would be awesome.  Would like to do auto fluid swap and that must be messy.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2007, 22:13:21 by theolodian »

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 19 April 2007, 22:18:45 »

It'll be put to good use on Sunday  :y
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19 April 2007, 22:25:18 »

Ah, so you're trying to sneak it in this weekend and avoid playing with the rest of us?!  ;) ;D

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 April 2007, 22:26:24 »

I suppose he'll bring it if he comes then.  ::) ;D

p.s. If someone has a big drip tray that would be awesome.  Would like to do auto fluid swap and that must be messy.

Hi Theo,

We're looking a bit light on the ground to be honest - I'm not sure if JamesV6 is coming or not, hopefully if he is then he can bring that kit with him, otherwise we'll have to borrow from elsewhere - if James can't make it are you going to be able to change this cambelt on your own - obviously I can help, but not sure what I'm doing there (although I might have a better idea after Kevin and myself change my Cams this Saturday..)

If it does turn out to be just me and you will it still be worth it?  I don't mind helping as I said - should be able to do your autobox fluid change too, having just done mine (and boy does that make a difference)..

Let me know - James if you're reading this whats your plan buddy?

Cheers,

Chris.
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 19 April 2007, 22:33:55 »

Hi Theo,

We're looking a bit light on the ground to be honest - I'm not sure if JamesV6 is coming or not, hopefully if he is then he can bring that kit with him, otherwise we'll have to borrow from elsewhere - if James can't make it are you going to be able to change this cambelt on your own - obviously I can help, but not sure what I'm doing there (although I might have a better idea after Kevin and myself change my Cams this Saturday..)

If it does turn out to be just me and you will it still be worth it?  I don't mind helping as I said - should be able to do your autobox fluid change too, having just done mine (and boy does that make a difference)..

Cheers,

Chris.
Chris,

I can easily handle V6 cambelts.  I want to do my autobox and brakes.  I can do those on my own if I get jackstands, but I'd much rather be around others when that deep under the car.  Also easier to bleed brakes with 2 people.  No huge pressure, but I'm happy to drive down even if it is only the 2 of us.

Cheers,

Theo

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 19 April 2007, 22:34:31 »

Ah, so you're trying to sneak it in this weekend and avoid playing with the rest of us?!  ;) ;D
It's a case of having to, 74k FSH but no record of cambelt change  :o
Service manager said that doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been done  :-/
Had it nearly four weeks & haven't gone above 4k revs yet  :(
Mind you with my recent history that might not be a bad thing  ::)

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 19 April 2007, 22:41:00 »

If James can't make it I can always hold on to the cambelt kit if TB is agreeable & either pass it on to theo or bring it myself if I'm going. I'm also trying to get hold of axle stands, funny how some people seem to disappear when you ask a favour  ::)
Just trying to think of anything else that needs doing on mine.....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 19 April 2007, 22:41:13 »

Not sure if I'll be able to make it over as that'll require a pass out to tinker with cars 2 weekends in a row  :o

I will at least try to pop over and say hello.

However, I do have a V6 locking kit which I can leave with ClarCE this weekend if required.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 19 April 2007, 22:43:04 »

Hi Theo,

Cheers,

Chris.
Chris,

I can easily handle V6 cambelts.  I want to do my autobox and brakes.  I can do those on my own if I get jackstands, but I'd much rather be around others when that deep under the car.  Also easier to bleed brakes with 2 people.  No huge pressure, but I'm happy to drive down even if it is only the 2 of us.

Cheers,

Theo

Thats great then no problem - much safer with two people!  My housemates will be here anyhow I expect - always around when theres a bbq threatened ;)

I've got 2x 2 ton axel stands and a 2 ton trolley jack here we can use - also got my car ramps which makes things a million times easier - just a bit scary going up and down on your own, much better with someone guiding screaming STOP!

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 19 April 2007, 22:53:11 »

That sounds good.  Just keep me posted if I need to pick up stuff, Coventry, Brackley, wherever.  I'll defo contribute to the BBQ too!  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.