Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MV6 goes BANG, big style :(  (Read 6644 times)

Derek_in_Penzance

• Penzance, Cornwall
    • View Profile
Re: MV6 goes BANG, big style :(
« Reply #60 on: 22 June 2009, 21:52:28 »

Sorry to hear about the engine mishap. It's soul destroying after so much careful work!
Go to Facebook and become a Fan of the GM6 Spares Facebook page. Omegas dismantling, mail order parts & servicing. Tech 2 services available.

Derek_in_Penzance

• Penzance, Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23 June 2009, 09:41:02 »

I'm new to the V6 engines (a bit late in the day!) so I don't know very much about them, but when I do an engine rebuild I always like to put an oil pressure gauge on it so that on first startup the oil pressure can be monitored. Although I don't suppose that would necessarily show up a blockage in one of the galleries. Just a thought.
Go to Facebook and become a Fan of the GM6 Spares Facebook page. Omegas dismantling, mail order parts & servicing. Tech 2 services available.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #62 on: 23 June 2009, 16:43:23 »

I'm new to the V6 engines (a bit late in the day!) so I don't know very much about them, but when I do an engine rebuild I always like to put an oil pressure gauge on it so that on first startup the oil pressure can be monitored. Although I don't suppose that would necessarily show up a blockage in one of the galleries. Just a thought.

:o

Very good idea..but not an easy job.. :-/

ascona boy

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 23 June 2009, 22:41:47 »

I spread the components of a 2.0 8V SEH in a CalibrE (note the E) across the Runcorn Bridge at Rush hour after the conrod decided to go through both sides of the block and destroy the starter motor in the process.

Someone else owns it now  [smiley=cry.gif]

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 June 2009, 16:01:02 »

i know exactly how you feel... that ex plod MV6 i had, ok it needed odd bits sorting like the multiram and exhaust manifold but ran spot on apart from that, serviced it at markey marks then within a week it died with believed big end bearings, it had chips of metal in the intake and in the sump!

really is gutting and annoying... look what it did to me, it was so bad i bought a tank :P
V8!!!!

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 26 June 2009, 19:34:30 »

Sorry to hear about your mishap James :( but remember "you can re build her(him)" you have the technology :y You might be a bit young to remember that saying but there are a lot on here who are not 8-)
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.