Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: saloon cars  (Read 2389 times)

doog

• Omega Knight
  • Alloa Central Scotland
    • View Profile
saloon cars
« on: 15 July 2009, 14:39:07 »

Anyone  noticed that there are hardly any new saloon cars now?
infact do car manufacturers still make them?

Doug
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for
me at kick boxing

Omega man 2

• Omega Knight
  • If all else fails, get out the oxy!
    • View Profile
Re: saloon cars
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2009, 15:16:42 »

There are still lots of new saloon cars being made, like the insignia and others but they are slowly dying out in favour of stupid egg box people carriers, gay noddy cars and just plain idiocy of soft roaders >:(

Doesn't matter anyway, all new cars just look like bloated marsh mallows with 21 sided lights half way up the wings, 20 feet tall but you cant sit in the back if you have legs.  >:(  A little capri is probably as roomy in the back as most new saloons ;D

doog

• Omega Knight
  • Alloa Central Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2009, 15:36:28 »

I understand the idea behind a people carrier but to me there just a van with windows.

Doug
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for
me at kick boxing

bigboykarl

• barnsley/london.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2009, 15:48:29 »

we have some new passats at work and there saloons :)

amigov6

« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2009, 16:15:02 »

I love "proper" saloon cars. Audi make some good'ns but at a price..love 'em though, Audi are making some cool motors at the moment. Think the Insignia looks too narrow at the back & lacks the presence of the Mig, can't see a success there. Love or hate 'em BMW still make proper saloons that do everything very well but why are the new ones so pig rather' ugly to look at? Design team need a dry slap! ::)

Macduff

• Intermediate Member
  • Bedfordshire
    • Omege 2.6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2009, 17:08:50 »

I tend to agree most modern cars are pig ugly not only BMW. What happened to style and design. When I was a lad the world seemed to be full of cars I wanted to own now there is nothing I would swap my miggy for save two the awsome VXR8 or Monaro not that I could afford either of them, still one can always dream
Born free taxed to death

KillerWatt

« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2009, 17:26:13 »

just plain idiocy of soft roaders >:(
Park your MIG in a supermarket (or similar) car park, and then put a 4x4 in it's place.
I guarantee you'll have a lot more space to get in the 4x4 upon your return, as opposed to your MIG which will no doubt have accrued an extra scratch/dent or two  ;)

Omega man 2

• Omega Knight
  • If all else fails, get out the oxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2009, 17:27:49 »

Park your MIG in a supermarket (or similar) car park, and then put a 4x4 in it's place.
I guarantee you'll have a lot more space to get in the 4x4 upon your return, as opposed to your MIG which will no doubt have accrued an extra scratch/dent or two  ;)

Thats why I always park at the back somewhere :y ;D
« Last Edit: 15 July 2009, 17:28:02 by Omega_Man »

Macduff

• Intermediate Member
  • Bedfordshire
    • Omege 2.6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2009, 17:37:36 »

When you park miles away from everybody how often do you find some pillock who has the whole car park to park in but parks so close to you you cant get into your own car. Sorry gone off thread
Born free taxed to death

Gareth Lewis

• Glossop, Derbyshire
  • eCommerce and Website Design & Implementation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2009, 19:35:42 »

Astra Belmont - that was a saloon. A bad one but one all the same! ;D ;D
[size=11]Website: www.online-selling.co.uk
Successful Website Solutions
eCommerce and Website Design, Management & Implementation[/b]
[/size]

scottyt

• edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 July 2009, 20:32:27 »

I love "proper" saloon cars. Audi make some good'ns but at a price..love 'em though, Audi are making some cool motors at the moment. Think the Insignia looks too narrow at the back & lacks the presence of the Mig, can't see a success there. Love or hate 'em BMW still make proper saloons that do everything very well but why are the new ones so pig rather' ugly to look at? Design team need a dry slap! ::)

you should go for the new seat its a facelifted and rebadged audi a4 i bet its alot cheaper to

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 July 2009, 21:18:50 »

Apparently 'we' like hatchbacks in the UK. eg how many of the older Ford Mudanes do you see as a sallon compared with hatchbacks also the Astra G saloon - very few & far between.
I too though like 3 box saloons, they're generally a bit quitet too.  :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 July 2009, 21:25:10 »

I actively park my Omega as close as i can to the retards who are too stupid/lazy/gay/incompitent/all of above/etc to park their 4x4s between 2 simple white lines...
Grumpy old man

amigov6

« Reply #13 on: 16 July 2009, 19:01:54 »

Like some others i park the Beastie at the far side of the car park away from the "motorists". For the size & age of the car all four corners are scuff free & i'd like to keep it that way.
    If i were to scrape some ones car i'd leave a note with contact details as i'd expect to be afforded the same. Sadly many folk seem to see car park kisses as fair game, i've seen them look then just drive off....dickheads!!!! >:(

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 July 2009, 20:30:50 »

Like some others i park the Beastie at the far side of the car park away from the "motorists". For the size & age of the car all four corners are scuff free & i'd like to keep it that way.
    If i were to scrape some ones car i'd leave a note with contact details as i'd expect to be afforded the same. Sadly many folk seem to see car park kisses as fair game, i've seen them look then just drive off....dickheads!!!! >:(

I do the same Guy, only to find that some idiot has parked next to me when I go back! god knows why when theres the rest of the blooming car park free!
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.