Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay!!! whats wrong with it!!!!  (Read 2121 times)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Ebay!!! whats wrong with it!!!!
« on: 20 June 2007, 20:11:10 »

What's wrong with new/old ebayer's? Why do they set up an account with ebay bi on your item that you have listed and then [size=20][/size]DON'T PAY!!!! [size=11][/size] what's the point in them opening an account if they just want to really p*@s people off who are honest ebayer's. I have had two people that have messed me about won my car and then either don't respond to your email's, pay up or just totally ignore your phone calls. This is so annoying ebay should just give them one strike and thats it suspend there account and never allow them to setup another account for ever.
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay!!! whats wrong with it!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2007, 20:24:58 »

Unlucky mate :'( What can you do! Sadly there are just some real to$$ers out there. I'm lucky but haven't had a problem with Ebay but what a waste of time for you.
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2007, 21:04:44 »

We have just had this very conversation not an hour ago with a couple of friends of ours. I never had any problems for ages, but recently people really are starting to take the p*ss >:(  Only a few days ago i asked a winning bidder how they would be paying for an item, after not hearing from them for a couple of days ( an item that i have had to relist due to previous winning bidder disappearing off the face of the earth ). I got a reply later saying that they were sorry, but their lap top was playing up and they would be paying the next morning via paypal... well that was on Sunday and guess what.....nothing. What really p*sses me off is if their laptop was playing up how to fook did they get my email and how the double fook did they manage to send one back >:( >:(

And what really really p*sses me off is the fact that Ebay really do not give an utter toss >:( >:( >:(

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2007, 21:07:04 »

You're telling me! I thought that if you win you pay not if you win ' oh I can't be bothered buying the car now so I'll ignore him he might go away'. Not bloody likely if you win you are now into a binding contract PAL. But as you say what can you do to these idiot's except for leaving neg feeback and then file an unpaid dispute, but not until 7 day's later which think is to long. If this carries on then I might just have to sell at such a low price I will have a que outside my front door. I don't want to sell for a stupid price but now I am getting desperate for the cash as going on holiday at the end of the month and need the money. So any offer's for her I,T,R,O £1200? please please anyone? :'( :'(
« Last Edit: 20 June 2007, 21:10:59 by vauxhallomega1 »

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2007, 21:14:17 »

You're telling me! I thought that if you win you pay not if you win ' oh I can't be bothered buying the car now so I'll ignore him he might go away'. Not bloody likely if you win you are now into a binding contract PAL. But as you say what can you do to these idiot's except for leaving neg feeback and then file an unpaid dispute, but not until 7 day's later which think is to long.

7 days is too long, certainly for someone to make contact, especially  when they have just bought your item with 0.0000451258 seconds left of the auction to run,but as i said Ebay don't give a toss, you file an unpaid dispute, 10 days later Ebay send you an email suggesting that you try and contact the buyer :o

HELLO, what do you think i've been trying to do for the last 2 sodding weeks >:(

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2007, 21:20:52 »

Absolutely. Ebay need to rethink thier policy on unpaid dispute's and anything else come to think of it. I think I will get intouch with them and tell them to rethink it all!!!!!!!!

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2007, 21:28:39 »

Absolutely. Ebay need to rethink thier policy on unpaid dispute's and anything else come to think of it. I think I will get intouch with them and tell them to rethink it all!!!!!!!!

I think you may be right on the rethinking, if only Ebay thought the way you are thinking ::)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2007, 21:40:18 »

Just sent ebay a message stating they need to rethink their dispute's on unpaid items. Now let us prepare (as kevin would say, from kevin and perry go large) to what they have to say for themselves.

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2007, 21:48:32 »

Few weeks ago had my ol Saab on eblag, sold it twice, and accepted 1 offer! All 3 of them timewasters >:(
Put it on the autotrader, and in went on the first day for the asking price, and its cheaper than ebay £7.99!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2007, 00:27:21 »

Problem is, Ebay are playing judge and jury when it comes to disputes, and they are in a position where they have no viable competition either, so why would they care? They're just watching the cash roll in.

Until they start losing business to someone else, or enough people get fed up with them and their bubble bursts nothing will change.

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2007, 08:52:06 »

they also dont give a toss about retaliatory feedback, out of a feedback rating of 1150+ 4 have been negs just to retaliate. i have contacted ebay and they state cannot withdraw cos that is the other persons opinion.
i had one yank bid on a pat tester, won it then no contact for 3 weeks. so i phoned him up (our time 0900 his 0400) and asked him what was going on. a sleepy voice said "i was testing out my new account, bid on a few things but didnt think i would win any of them, sorry i dont want it- i dont even know what it does" !!!!!!!!!!!!!
another won a £3 diecast toy then -nothing. i sent emails and was told that he was in hospital in a very poorly way, yet after that date he was still bidding on diecast toys and selling items-  do they think we are stupid!!!
its going downhill................ >:(
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 June 2007, 08:56:36 »

Wont be long before the world is run by ebay, and tesco!  ;D

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 June 2007, 08:57:56 »

The long and short of it is Ebay dont give a toss because their making money and there are millions of people who use it. So if a couple of people get upset and close their accounts so what but have to agree with the poor feedback system.
Retired

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 June 2007, 09:01:33 »

I reckon if a NPB is issued, the feedback from buyer should be nulled. Obviously, then a mechanism for proving NPB needs to be implemented.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 June 2007, 09:37:40 »

I reckon if you win an item the payment, or at least a deposit, should be automatically transferred. That would make the time wasters think twice.

It would mean everyone would have to have Paypal, or give their card details when they first place a bid, of course...

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.