Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A new member to my collection  (Read 4577 times)

Martin_1962

Re: A new member to my collection
« Reply #30 on: 24 August 2006, 13:54:39 »

Dual Fuel is LPG conversion.

There will be an extra ECU - just like the 2.2 conversion.

As to gas pressure - thats why I mentioned the filter and the vacuum hoses.

Booking it in - best idea

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #31 on: 24 August 2006, 17:49:50 »

Oh rite....as it was factory done, i assumed the main ecu was just programmed to say its an lpg car.

When it goes in Tues....i'll ask them where the lpg ecu is and the filters.....so i'll know for future reference

Cheers  :)

Martin_1962

« Reply #32 on: 24 August 2006, 18:37:47 »

Oh rite....as it was factory done, i assumed the main ecu was just programmed to say its an lpg car.

When it goes in Tues....i'll ask them where the lpg ecu is and the filters.....so i'll know for future reference

Factory fitted is a misnomer, the Vauxhalls were converted after manufacture but before sale, found this out on the LPG news group

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec.cars.fuel.lpg/browse_thread/thread/e1f18a761156b6c/c6dac052c66c6020?lnk=st&q=factory+fitted+lpg+vauxhall&rnum=5&hl=en#c6dac052c66c6020

Some details here

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #33 on: 26 August 2006, 18:18:48 »

Factory fitted is a misnomer, the Vauxhalls were converted after manufacture but before sale, found this out on the LPG news group

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec.cars.fuel.lpg/browse_thread/thread/e1f18a761156b6c/c6dac052c66c6020?lnk=st&q=factory+fitted+lpg+vauxhall&rnum=5&hl=en#c6dac052c66c6020

Some details here

Cheers Martin  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #34 on: 26 August 2006, 18:43:12 »

Rite decided today to have a go at changing the thermostat and finding out way the headlights are on all the time.

First problem, even tho vx delears computer reckoned they had 2 thermostats in stock....parts guy couldnt find them  :( So i had to order one....be in on Wednesday.

Ok next was the headlights prob.....after taking apart 1/2 the dash....then discovered you didnt need to....to get the switch out (anybody with a VectraC and needs to get the switch out....ask me the 'secret' way i discovered and its a 2sec job)

So got the switch out and took it to vx dealer to ask for a new one ( i decided it must be the switch faulty as the car had had this prob before and vx dealer changed the switch)

Vx dealer didnt have one in stock so i had to order that as well....£47.50 +vat  :o

This afternoon I went out in the Veccy minus its headlight switch and noticed the headlights were still on .....hmmm i suddenly wasnt convinced it was the switch after all.

Plugged the switch back in and still as b4, switch does nowt and headlights are on all the time

I decided to check the fuses......pulled all the fuses one at a time.....in the fuse panel at the end of the dash passenger side.....all ok....but plugging them back in, some of them, i got beeping noises.

Some of the fuses where for various control modules according to the handbook...

And guess what ....headlight switch now works ok  :-?

I guess I reset summat when unplugging the fuses....good news  :)

CAN bus got it knickers in a twist  :-/

But when I phone vx dealer on Tuesday to cancel order of switch....i bet i will get charged summat for cancellation  :(

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #35 on: 30 August 2006, 08:14:39 »

It went in yesterday to lpg installer.....
They reckon they found the fault with it keep switching back to petrol.
A vacuum pipe going to the evaporator was loose, the same blooming pipe Martin said to look at, and i did but thought it was ok  :(
So a cable tie on the pipe holding it on and 52 squid lighter.....but 10 miles over running about town and its behaving itself....so looks like problem solved  :)

Cheers

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #36 on: 01 September 2006, 18:32:45 »

Its still not working as it should  :(
I havent driven it since garage 'fixed' it.
I changed the thermostat and air filter in it this morning.....so afterwards thought it take it a drive about to check new thermostat and not loosing coolant.
After a few miles it switched back to petrol again  :( and kept doing it  :(

So i called in at installers who looked at earlier in the week....they said it would be trial an error to find the prob and changing the lpg filters would be next step.....as Martin had said  ;)

So off i went to vx dealer to order them.....guy on the parts desk was very helpful and had the parts book out for dual fuel vectraC's but the only filter mentioned in his book was the filter between the evaporator and the injection rail....couldnt find any mention of filters for the liquid lpg between the tank and the evaporator.....so dunno i would have thought it would have one  :-/
So just ordered the one in his parts book.

Funny thing happened next......guy on service desk had been earwigging the conversation and piped up 'why dont you take it to our other garage, they'll fix it for you' I said I've already phoned them a  week ago....they wont look at it as its lpg.....he said 'yes they will, i'll phone them now for you' so he did and said to me they will book it in monday for you....and passed me the phone.....so i gave them the details.....then got asked what was wrong...told em....then ahhhh....dual fuel eh....we wont look at them....so i said would you like to tell the guy that just phoned you....'yeah sure'......so gave the phone back and after a few words he came of the phone.....saying they never tell me anything  ;D

So anyway.....if changing the lpg filter doesnt fix it......ive found a vx dealer in Chippenham...about 20 miles away....that can look at it  :)

Martin_1962

« Reply #37 on: 01 September 2006, 20:06:23 »

A vacuum pipe going to the evaporator was loose, the same blooming pipe Martin said to look at, and i did but thought it was ok  :(
So a cable tie on the pipe holding it on and 52 squid lighter.....but 10 miles over running about town and its behaving itself....so looks like problem solved  :)

Cheers

Glad to help - it's amazing what you can learn

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #38 on: 01 September 2006, 20:33:21 »

Cheers

Glad to help - it's amazing what you can learn

Good info Martin  :) but it didnt fix it  :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.