Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jobs to do  (Read 5266 times)

Martin_1962

Re: Jobs to do
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2006, 19:18:57 »

Tyre Wear and juddering, me thinks youve been hard driving  ;) like me!
And what else is an MV6 for?

(TheBoy runs and hides knowing that MarinImber wrote his MV6 off)

I`d run even faster and hide even better - remember a courier also pranged his replacement recently  :'(  :o
Is it safe to come back out yet  :-[

Only of you have a Y32SE for me ;D ::) :D

SMS01

• Altrincham
  • Black Omega 3.0 manual estate 'P' reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2006, 00:08:12 »

I'll just stick to the X30 engine for now. Don't want to change the car again in a rush - 3 different omegas in 9 months - preferred the second but love the 3rd spec.

Things to do -
rewire all of the heated seat system  or find the fault in the circuitry (previous muppet owner installed a foil covered fuse and has as a result burned the wiring loom to the rear seat switches)
Try and get climate regassed (new compressor fitted and belted but not holding pressure - so vacuum test required before regassing
fix or replace washer fluid tank - think a leak somewhere on the headlamp washer jets pipework but not sure - only lasts a day before another 6 odd litres of water required.
Stop alarm from sounding when the car is hot! Is intermittent and starting to bug me (and my neighbours)!!!
find out where the parcel shelf retaining rubber went - the shelf keeps collapsing open at present - not very secure...
Fuel filter...

Things done recently
Handbrake adjusted (fiddly job taking far too long with daft but workable access, however the handbrake now works on 4 clicks as opposed to 'works if you are lucky').
Washer jet unblocked (pipe was constricted by bonnet hinge and scuttle plastics.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 July 2006, 09:04:15 »

Stop alarm from sounding when the car is hot! Is intermittent and starting to bug me (and my neighbours)!!!
Common problem for this is the bonnet switch needs adjusting - its the switch mounted on the side of the PAS reservoir bottle.
Grumpy old man

SMS01

• Altrincham
  • Black Omega 3.0 manual estate 'P' reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 July 2006, 13:30:06 »

Just seen that, only happens when the car has been baking in the sun for a while, so sounds very likely. Will have a look later and see if it is the culprit!

Cheers
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.