Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connectors  (Read 1585 times)

Jester

• Stafford
    • View Profile
Connectors
« on: 20 November 2006, 08:03:57 »

Morning all,

I took the wheel off the car this weekend to investigate the "low beam/fld vision" error for the headlights.  Looking at the sensor on the wishbone it seems to be intact, but somethings been up and around there and ripped the wires clean out the connector.   >:(

My question is, can the connectors be reused/rewired.  I know sometimes these things are sealed units.  Just wondering whether it will be worth digging around under the car trying to rewire it, or should I be ringing vauxhall for a new bit of wiring?

Hopefully, that'll fix the problem as I just drove from Newcastle (up north) back to the midlands with a trailer on and I guess I must have been blinding the poor sods coming the other way...  :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Connectors
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2006, 12:53:10 »

Morning all,

I took the wheel off the car this weekend to investigate the "low beam/fld vision" error for the headlights.  Looking at the sensor on the wishbone it seems to be intact, but somethings been up and around there and ripped the wires clean out the connector.   >:(

My question is, can the connectors be reused/rewired.  I know sometimes these things are sealed units.  Just wondering whether it will be worth digging around under the car trying to rewire it, or should I be ringing vauxhall for a new bit of wiring?

Hopefully, that'll fix the problem as I just drove from Newcastle (up north) back to the midlands with a trailer on and I guess I must have been blinding the poor sods coming the other way...  :-[
Normally, if levelling sensors faulty, it points headlights done as far as they will go, not up in air...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.