Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3013342 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #18585 on: 07 June 2019, 21:48:15 »

New MOT with no advisories on the Mundano.  :y
congratulations on the pass  :)

Thanks!  :y  Influenced by your detailed pre-MOT preparations I did some myself!  :y

I gave it a quick wash on Monday night.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18586 on: 07 June 2019, 21:51:57 »

As I always say when proceeding down country roads, I hope I don't meet myself coming the other way, and familiarity breeds contempt.
Hoof'land storeman.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18587 on: 07 June 2019, 22:07:26 »

New MOT with no advisories on the Mundano.  :y
congratulations on the pass  :)

Thanks!  :y  Influenced by your detailed pre-MOT preparations I did some myself!  :y

I gave it a quick wash on Monday night.  ;D
;D
wash it AFTER the MOT ,or scrap it if the result is not good  ;D
which saves car shampoo  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18588 on: 07 June 2019, 22:56:38 »

yes, quite a few narrow twisty country roads around by me ,pretty much every trip out I shout swear words at the drivers of other cars who are well over the line  >:( :( (not that can hear me  ;D)
one good thing about the Omega is it has good brakes and responsive steering for a lard arse tank  :)
I have front and rear dash cams and adding them to all the fleet over time
me and Mrs Builder review each others footage of near misses with other dicks on the road on a regular basis  :D
(yes, before you say it , I include myself in that "dick" statement  :P)
I have complete spare mirror assemblies in stock , ready for the inevitable  ::)

After a few scares over the last year, especially when driving around London, I have been seriously reconsidering fitting those.  Nowadays I do not do the mileage I once did, but I have seen enough recently to think I should buy them.

Two weeks ago I was driving through my old patch, South London, which I do usually about once a month with a male friend and I witnessed three blantant cases of careless driving; dangerous driving; failing to stop at two red lights in succession, driving at 30 mph above the limit, 20 mph in this part of town, with one driver going the wrong side of two traffic islands,whilst overtaking a whole line of traffic waiting at a set of lights. That all happened within a half hour and three separate vehicles involved.
It was crazy driving, which I have obviously often witnessed in my time but never on this scale.

The problem was there were not the police patrols to be seen - did not see one - whereas in the past, in London, they used to be everywhere. There are of course cameras everywhere, but not in the places that would have detected this type of driving.

The police are even now frequently asking for cam footage of any incidents we may see, which for me aligned with Kent Police says it all ::) ::) :(
« Last Edit: 07 June 2019, 22:59:50 by Lizzie Zoom »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18589 on: 07 June 2019, 23:02:49 »

yes, quite a few narrow twisty country roads around by me ,pretty much every trip out I shout swear words at the drivers of other cars who are well over the line  >:( :( (not that can hear me  ;D)
one good thing about the Omega is it has good brakes and responsive steering for a lard arse tank  :)
me and Mrs Builder review each others footage of near misses with other dicks on the road on a regular basis  :D
I have complete spare mirror assemblies in stock , ready for the inevitable  ::)

After a few scares over the last year, especially when driving around London, I have been seriously reconsidering fitting those.  Nowadays I do not do the mileage I once did, but I have seen enough recently to think I should buy them.

Two weeks ago I was driving through my old patch, South London, which I do usually about once a month with a male friend and I witnessed three blantant cases of careless driving; dangerous driving; failing to stop at two red lights in succession, driving at 30 mph above the limit, 20 mph in this part of town, with one driver going the wrong side of two traffic islands,whilst overtaking a whole line of traffic waiting at a set of lights. That all happened within a half hour and three separate vehicles involved.
It was crazy driving, which I have obviously often witnessed in my time but never on this scale.

The problem was there were not the police patrols to be seen - did not see one - whereas in the past, in London,mother used to be everywhere. There are of course cameras everywhere, but not in the places that would have detected this type of driving.

The police are even now frequently asking for cam footage of any incidents we may see, which for me aligned with Kent Police says it all ::) ::) :(
It seems obligatory these days for at least two cars to go through when the lights go to red. ::)

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18590 on: 07 June 2019, 23:47:30 »

Went on another long drive yesterday (Thursday) and when I got back I realised the awful noise from under the bonnet was the aux belt tensioner... it finally let go today after a short journey and is completely shredded. and i'll have to wait until next week before I can fix it..

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18591 on: 08 June 2019, 09:49:23 »

you can add dash cams cheaply and easily
this set I use clicky with 32GB card clicky so less than £25 and fitted in 10 minutes (rear camera I fitted bellow the high level brake light ,wire tucks into the trim all the way to the front)
those seller's delivered quickly, probably cheaper sellers or better kits if you spend more money ,but the kit in the link works ,good video quality, a decent screen size  :)

Obviously, this is in addition to my bucket avoidance  rear camera system  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18592 on: 08 June 2019, 14:31:41 »

this set I use clicky with 32GB card clicky so less than £25 and fitted in 10 minutes (rear camera I fitted bellow the high level brake light ,wire tucks into the trim all the way to the front)
those seller's delivered quickly, probably cheaper sellers or better kits if you spend more money ,but the kit in the link works ,good video quality, a decent screen size  :)

I want one of those for the front.I find it difficult to judge the distance I have at the front when parking. Probably an age thing. ::)
Not sure where to tart in sourcing one tbh.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18593 on: 08 June 2019, 15:02:10 »

I want one of those for the front.I find it difficult to judge the distance I have at the front when parking. Probably an age thing. ::)
Not sure where to tart in sourcing one tbh.  :-\
the black dot under my reg plate is a camera (pic robbed from  ianu's brackley meet photos  :-[)

when I select reverse, the camera footage shows on my 7" touchscreen replacement radio (or select aux to show front camera footage,which I have not fitted yet due to needing to remove/re-paint my front bumper)

a simple and cheap way to add a front or rear parking camera is to buy a kit with a mini screen (if you wish to keep your original radio / head unit )

£12 clicky flush mount camera kit delivered
or,

£16 delivered clicky

just needs a live and earth connected ,then mount the camera and screen and you see what rhe camera sees  :y

loads of types on ebay but I'd advise you AVOID wireless ones ,they are pants  :y
« Last Edit: 08 June 2019, 15:06:38 by dave the builder »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18594 on: 08 June 2019, 15:21:22 »

Great info thanks. I will probably go for the £12 type you linked to and see how it goes. I have ncdc unit with colour screen fitted so don't want to bin it. I could have a little screen wired to ignition live and just look at it when parking.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18595 on: 08 June 2019, 15:35:20 »

Great info thanks. I will probably go for the £12 type you linked to and see how it goes. I have ncdc unit with colour screen fitted so don't want to bin it. I could have a little screen wired to ignition live and just look at it when parking.  :y
Or fit a switch somewhere ,so you can turn off the mini screen when driving  :-\
could be distracting that screen on at night/ all the time  :-\
up to you ,it's your car,  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18596 on: 08 June 2019, 15:54:45 »

As I always say when proceeding down country roads, I hope I don't meet myself coming the other way, and familiarity breeds contempt.

Yes, you are so right about that! :y :y

The country road I referred to is a 'rat run' as it takes one from just outside Ashford, behind a major hospital the up to a busy little village called Wye, and it avoids having to encounter a busy railway level crossing if taking the 'proper' main road route.  It can save you about 15 minutes if the gates are closed, so all the locals know that and belt up and down what os really, in many places, just a country track!  They are so familiar with it that they think speeding is not a problem as the other person - like me - will always back down! 

I only use this road if the weather is good, I can clearly see all the huge potholes that are along it's length, it is outside of rush hour times, and farmers tractors are usually in the fields, not on the track taking up the whole width with their largest machines!  The other day this was the case, and the road was empty, until the bloody truck decided to bomb down onto me! ::) ::) :D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18597 on: 08 June 2019, 16:00:25 »

The problem was there were not the police patrols to be seen - did not see one - whereas in the past, in London,mother used to be everywhere. There are of course cameras everywhere, but not in the places that would have detected this type of driving.

It seems obligatory these days for at least two cars to go through when the lights go to red. ::)

Yes, it does seem that major breach of the Road Traffic Act is a lot more prevalent!

Hopefully,when the large number (350+ as I understand from a forces training officer) of additional police officers in Kent have gone through their training over the coming weeks, those individuals could be in for a shock as , hopefully, more experienced officers will be available for Traffic duties ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18598 on: 08 June 2019, 16:05:06 »

That looks great Dave for the price, and now I am really tempted to buy a couple!  I note they are dual cameras, but  take it you still have to have one fitted in the front window?  What is the quality of the picture like?  (EDIT  sorry, just reread and release yo covered that!)

:y :y
« Last Edit: 08 June 2019, 16:08:51 by Lizzie Zoom »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18599 on: 08 June 2019, 16:21:35 »

Decided as it’s June, the Zafira Tourer should get it’s first wash of the year.  ;D Looks bit better now.

3.2 can wait a bit more!

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.