Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S 1998 3.0 MV6 Manual  (Read 1348 times)

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
F/S 1998 3.0 MV6 Manual
« on: 16 April 2010, 17:22:37 »

Well, I have made my decision and the time has come for me and my MV6 to part ways.

The car is a 1998 3.0 MV6 with manual gearbox in Silver. This is not ex-police so it has the full leather "Recaro" interior and carbon fibre effect dash and door cards. It has done 100728 miles and has a full 12 month MOT but no tax.

The work that I have done to it is fairly comprehensively documented on this forum but I will list it here for completeness.

New front brake pads and wear sensors fitted in April 2008.

New Cambelt Kit, Waterpump, Aux Belt, Spark Plugs,Wiperblades, Pollen Filter, Air Filter and HBV (all Genuine Vx parts with invoices to prove) fitted at 99947 miles.

Cam cover gaskets and o rings replaced with genuine Vx parts at 100003 miles.

Oil cooler replaced (with a hardly used stainless unit bought off a member on here) using all new banjo bolts and washers (again from Vx) and thermostat replaced at 100653 miles.

Both head gaskets (genuine Vx), exhaust manifold gaskets (genuine Vx), stem oil seals (genuine Vx), cam seals (genuine Vx), rear coolant transfer pipe seal (genuine Vx), coolant bridge seals (genuine Vx), all inlet manifold seals (all 3 layers) (genuine Vx), exhaust downpipe gaskets (genuine Vx) and head bolts (Trechii)- all replaced at 100703 miles along with fresh Vx oil and filter and 50/50 Vx antifreeze mix.

New set of rear brake pads with new springs and pins fitted at 100724 miles to pass MOT.

The interior of the car is spotless. Full set of original Omega mats fitted, information display functions properly.

Exterior needs some work - wheels need a refurb (they are all straight AFAIK but are peeling), they are all pretty much the same as the one in the picture below. There is a scratch almost the entire length of the drivers side where some scrote has keyed the car. There is a patch of rust on the rear passenger side door.

Despite all the above work the car has a misfire at 4000 rpm. I am sure this will be an easy fix for someone who knows what they are looking for ( i just cannot justify throwing any more money at this car which currently stands me at well over £1500). The EML is on as there is a fault code (46 - SAI Pump Voltage Low) which I cannot cure despite trying everything I can.

So there it is a 1998 3.0 MV6 manual with just over 100k on the clock. All of the major work done, just needs a little TLC.

I would like £600 but am open to offers. Please don't spam the thread. PM me if you have any comments.

PM me if you have any questions

Scott

I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!!

feebone

• Oldham, Manchester
    • View Profile
Re: F/S 1998 3.0 MV6 Manual
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2010, 18:08:10 »

this is just what im looking for. Any chance of coming viewing it over the weekend. Any chance you could pm me details. cheers Paul :y

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2010, 11:36:25 »

Sold to Feebone today :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2010, 14:06:34 »

That was quick less than 24 hours  :o
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2010, 16:32:49 »

It was a 3.0 manual and not ex plod though.

Does make me wonder if I should have asked for more? :-/ :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.