Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S - Facelift Elite 2.6V6 auto - SOLD  (Read 1388 times)

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
F/S - Facelift Elite 2.6V6 auto - SOLD
« on: 29 July 2011, 10:53:43 »

[size=14]CAR NOW SOLD![/size]

non runner (see below) - MOT till june 2012, Tax till end August 2011. 126K miles. Located in Stevenage.

As discussed in this recent thread: http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1311420909 , the car is a non-runner due to oil starvation causing a very loud tappety sound at the top of the engine. Therefore is is sold as a non-runner, and sold as seen.

I've had the mig for 2 1/2 years. Please see loads of photos below! I'm its third owner, the bloke before me had it as a cheap runner for 6 months, and it was  owned by the Government Car Despatch Service from new, used to ferry government ministers around (lots of short journeys, though...). I bought it with 81k miles on it.

Why am I selling? I've recovering from a recent bout of testicular cancer and don't have the energy to service the car any more, plus i only need a car for short local trips; the insurance and fuel bills make it uneconomical to run. Plus, of course, the recent issues with the oil mean that a repair is, to me, not economically viable. I'd rather it went to a good home (or got broken up for parts - I don't have the energy or storage to do it myself). Perhaps, if you are mechanically minded, you could investigate the potential damage and repair it cheaply, in which case you'll have yourself an absolute bargain!

The good bits:

4 x 17" elite wheels, refurbed by me and generally in good condition (may be very minor scrapes on them, but not visible unless you're looking for them), with 4 x Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres. The tyres were fitted less than 6 months / 1000 miles ago, were all fitted at the same time, and all have at least 7mm of tread on them. The tyres alone cost me more than £500.

Good condition full leather interior, normal wear on drivers seat but passenger and rear seats are in excellent condition. All four heater mats WORK! (I understand this is quite rare!). Driver and front passenger seats have full electric adjust, plus the drivers seat has three position memory function.

Full Bose stereo - CCR2006 stereo with tape deck and four CD changer.

Recent (two months / 250 miles) cambelt change (Gates kit), breathers were cleaned at the time, new idler, new aux belt, water pump and camcover gaskets done at the same time. The camcover gaskets are pattern parts from Autovaux, but the last set I got from them lasted 40k miles with no leaks.

Nearside headlamp assembly is one year old, Vauxhall part replaced by bodyshop after a prang (low speed bump that damaged the nearside wing and bumper - all replaced). I know the headlight is a VX one because the pattern parts they fitted kept failing the MOT so they gave up and used a VX one.

Wishbones replaced 6 months / 1000 miles ago - Lemforder items. Steering idler done at the same time.

2 new rear shocks (non self levelling ebay cheapies to get it through recent MOT) - all self levelling pipework and pump is still in place, fuse removed from fusebox for pump.

Both rear springs replaced a year ago - KYB self levelling ones.

Exhaust replaced for Eternal unit 18 months ago - both centre and rear box.

Bodywork generally in excellent condition, except for usual road rash on nose and bonnet and small scrape on rear offside door (about the size of a 50p piece).

HBV changed about a year ago. no coolant or oil leaks at all. No mayo in filler cap, coolant is clear of oil.

The bad bits:

Engine is starved of oil and has probably sustained some damage (see above)

Autobox 'drags' lightly in second, so needs some attention. Runs OK, and changes fine - the 'drag' is noticeable though.

The CCR2006 stereo is missing the CD changer flap, and the changer cartridge sometimes needs 3-4 inserts to get it to stay in place. The radio fails to pick up anything other than BBC stations, so the aerial probably needs looking at.

Both passenger and driver side glovebox handles are broken off entirely.

drivers side door has that typical 'cracking' sound on opening

Rear blind not working - clicking sound from relay probably means that the gears in the unit are broken.

Drivers side door has scuffs on the 'rubber' coating around the window switch assembly and handle.

Some rust around rear telephone aerial fitting on roof of car.

front bumper is missing offside headlamp washer, and has a small ding (visible in photos)

rear bumper is bent on nearside so rear parking sensors keep picking up the ground as well as obstacles.

That's it! Anything else I think of i'll list as I remember it. Please, no enquiries about parts off it - I have no room to store them, nor have I got the energy to do the work, hence the cheap price - perhaps someone who breaks them on here would be willing to take it off my hands? PM me for contact details and more photos - I have 40 hi-res pictures of outside plus interior.

« Last Edit: 29 July 2011, 14:15:45 by jjleonard »

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
Re: F/S - Facelift Elite 2.6V6 auto - non runner £350
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2011, 10:54:45 »

few more pics:

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2011, 11:17:02 »

Very interested...pm sent :y
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2011, 11:25:26 »

Can someone tell me the info display on this which one is it?? :-[

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
Re: F/S - Facelift Elite 2.6V6 auto - SOLD
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2011, 14:34:58 »

This car is now sold, subject to collection.

Cheers
John

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: F/S - Facelift Elite 2.6V6 auto - SOLD
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2011, 17:04:43 »

locking as above....pm if it falls though for unlock
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.