Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: amazon  (Read 1328 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
amazon
« on: 22 August 2018, 19:30:01 »

its happened again . my wife was going to buy a swimsuit off the amazon site. the delivery date put her off ( 3rd Sept ) as we fly off on our jollies early next Tuesday. however if she paid £27+ for express delivery she could receive it on the 22nd -  24th so on the 20th she ordered it.  at  7am this morning a text came from DHL telling her to expect delivery on the 28th. a few hours too late. because the seller has dispatched it she cant cancel . why do these people lie.  >:( >:(

STEMO

Re: amazon
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2018, 19:38:53 »

Because people keep coming back for more. Like that TB fella.  :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2018, 20:42:16 »

Amazon I find much worse than Ebay, especially their 3rd party sellers where they can get away with murder due to their in comparison to Ebay poor customer feedback system. Poor feedback on Ebay means they rapidly lose sales. I won't normally deal with sellers without at least 99.8% positive feedback. On Amazon you are usually charged postage by 3rd party sellers, delivery is generally slower in about 5-7 working days, where as on Ebay most items even on economy postage seem to take 3-5 days and they are generally a bit cheaper and include postage.

Typical was last weekend one of the 5' fluorescent strip lights in my garage not working again as I think the summer/winter temperature cycling seems to take its tole on the tubes and starters, so I ordered up 2 LED replacements on Ebay from an electrical distributor on the edge of the known universe in a place called Wakefield with 100% positive feedback. Monday morning an email saying they had been despatched followed by a Fedex email for Tuesday delivery. Tuesday morning 7:15am a Fedex email to say they were on there way 10:15am a knock on the door with my delivery. Fitted them last night with the LED starters, much brighter as they have a whiter colour temperature, and you get 100% brightness on switch on, they only use 22w each compared with 58w for the fluorescents so a good result. :y :y :y

I assume Led starters are just a dummy to stop the fluorescent strike voltage being generated?
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2018, 09:06:59 »

Amazon is generally OK. Amazon Marketplace should be avoided, and this sounds like a Marketplace transaction.

So serves you right  :P
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2018, 21:09:48 »

Amazon is generally OK. Amazon Marketplace should be avoided, and this sounds like a Marketplace transaction.

So serves you right  :P
From the bloke who shops at ECP/ Ebay ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2018, 21:23:06 »

its happened again . my wife was going to buy a swimsuit off the amazon site. the delivery date put her off ( 3rd Sept ) as we fly off on our jollies early next Tuesday. however if she paid £27+ for express delivery she could receive it on the 22nd -  24th so on the 20th she ordered it.  at  7am this morning a text came from DHL telling her to expect delivery on the 28th. a few hours too late. because the seller has dispatched it she cant cancel . why do these people lie.  >:( >:(
an update.  I phoned amazons head office this morning as the track on the parcel showed it had arrived in Teesside. I was asking if it would be ok if I could go myself to their depot & pick it up. she told me to wait until the track actually showed it had arrived at the distribution depot, mean while she was to make a noise and see if she was able to help. something must have worked cos instead of the Tuesday delivery my wife got a text to say it would be delivered today that was 40mins after my phone call.  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2018, 22:04:56 »

its happened again . my wife was going to buy a swimsuit .....

I hope never to see my wife in a swim suit unless its one of those neck to ankle Victorian jobbies  :-X

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2018, 02:40:15 »

*** Mind Bleach Warning ***

I think Lord Opti & STEMO will be strutting their stuff at Soutfend beach this weekend in their Speedos. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.