Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to pay someone.......  (Read 6614 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: I want to pay someone.......
« Reply #30 on: 13 May 2019, 22:57:12 »

Thanks, all, for the kind words, but I think after so many years of omega ownership, the time is rapidly approaching for me to throw in the towel with them, as many others seem to be doing. As much as I adore the car it has 200+k miles and realistically is probably as nick said beyond economical repair
It's a painful conclusion to come to, but I fear you are right. I used to argue that Omegas gave me and my family cheap luxury motoring, but not so any more. Once the rust sets in, it's not cheap any more.

We got 11 Omegas at Brackley last Monday. We got 23 at High Wycombe a couple of years ago. I hope there will be another Omega meeting, but it should be soon.

I currently have 4..... and I'm very attached to NXR, more than I have been any other Omega (Apart from BN51 RUV) which took me all around spain and back without a hitch. When I MOT'd the car, it passed without a mention of anything, so I thought happy days.

A year later, it was scrapped...... on, you guessed it - terminal rust.

Not sure how it can go from no advisories, to terminal rust, in a year, but hey ho. I guess they really are getting that bad now.

I bought it off VXL V6 for a snip, because it needed a clutch. I put one in, and it literally was the most flawless, nice car you could ever ask for  :-[ and was only ever sold because I inherited something much newer

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 May 2019, 23:40:26 »

In a similar situation with mine... Rust.. It is sad to see, They where good cars and there are still some well looked after ones out there and i really enjoyed them. But it looks like i'll be getting a replacement as well sooner rather than later sadly... It will be interesting to see in the years to come how many oof members still have a Omega with a MOT.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 May 2019, 11:05:57 »

My children are quite pleased with their Astras, especially the higher spec ones. I fancy something bigger for myself. Have members any views on Vectras or Insignias? I do like manual g/b cars, and enjoy cruise control (rare on Astras).

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 May 2019, 17:59:25 »

We got 11 Omegas at Brackley last Monday. We got 23 at High Wycombe a couple of years ago. I hope there will be another Omega meeting, but it should be soon.
I might even bring mine, rather than litter the carpark with the XJ :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 May 2019, 18:02:57 »

My children are quite pleased with their Astras, especially the higher spec ones. I fancy something bigger for myself. Have members any views on Vectras or Insignias? I do like manual g/b cars, and enjoy cruise control (rare on Astras).
But about £40 for the bits, and then a quick Tech2 chat on an Astra-H.  Some even have the clutch pedal, so £10 plus Tech2 ;)

I find Vectras too hard, but I do have a couple of serious issues with my back.  And anything more than 100bhp overwhelms the chassis.

Insignificant is an much nicer car to drive, though smaller inside.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14 May 2019, 18:05:23 »

Easy enough to add though, just need the stalk and a Tech II or equivalent to program. Clutch switch seems to be fitted to most models as standard.

Ooops, posted the same reply LOL

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14 May 2019, 19:39:20 »

My children are quite pleased with their Astras, especially the higher spec ones. I fancy something bigger for myself. Have members any views on Vectras or Insignias? I do like manual g/b cars, and enjoy cruise control (rare on Astras)."
I,ve replaced my dead Desmond  :'( with a 08 SRI 1.8 Vectra Terry. It,s a well screwed together car and seems more solid than the 07 Mundano that i borrowed from my son in law whilst i was looking. It has one too many pedals and the ride is far more solid than the Desmond was. It,s just passed the Mot with a couple of advisories. The emissions light comes on now and again but still runs and drives very well albeit a bit "clonky". It,s done 86k so not horrendous mileage. BUT, an Omega it ain,t. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14 May 2019, 20:42:52 »

Droplinks cheap and easy to change :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14 May 2019, 22:06:59 »

Droplinks cheap and easy to change :y
Yes DG :y, the guy from whom i bought it is doing them next week.

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 May 2019, 22:27:22 »

Thanks, all, for the kind words, but I think after so many years of omega ownership, the time is rapidly approaching for me to throw in the towel with them, as many others seem to be doing. As much as I adore the car it has 200+k miles and realistically is probably as nick said beyond economical repair
It's a painful conclusion to come to, but I fear you are right. I used to argue that Omegas gave me and my family cheap luxury motoring, but not so any more. Once the rust sets in, it's not cheap any more.

If you have another meeting soon and I can make it add +1 to the numbers. Brackley is 20 minutes away, but I was at a family gathering in Hampshire that day. the Omega got an outing, but in the wrong direction! So I'm hoping for another meet very soon this summer please.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.