Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Central locking  (Read 2159 times)

Leethomp78

• Bedford
    • 2.6 v6 elite
    • View Profile
Central locking
« on: 09 July 2018, 22:49:26 »

Hello all. I'm new to the forum having just brought myself a 2.6 elite. Had various omega years ago and then children  come along and had to buy a people carrier but always vowed I'd get another one so here I am. Anyway car is lovely but o only problem is the central locking. If I lock the car with the remote only the fuel cap locks. If I lock the car with the key the fuel cap and drivers door lock. However when unlocking the car work the key the indicators flash as if the alarm is going off but no sound until I  switch the ignition on. So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks in advance. Regards lee

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Central locking
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2018, 23:20:54 »

Please read the manual  ;)

Sounds like either the remote battery is flat or the remote requires resyncing.

Flashing indicators on unlocking shows that the alarm has been triggered. No noise because the power sounder has been removed (this is a good thing).

Try resyncing the remote as first step :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Leethomp78

• Bedford
    • 2.6 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2018, 17:24:35 »

I am aware of the resynching mode. That is not the problem. The key unlocks operates the central locking like stated already  but only unlocks the fuel cap. Like I said if you use the key it operates the drivers door and fuel cap only.

Leethomp78

• Bedford
    • 2.6 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2018, 23:06:29 »

Been told today it could be faulty alarm ECU. Any ideas??

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2018, 08:23:23 »

Hello all. I'm new to the forum having just brought myself a 2.6 elite. Had various omega years ago and then children  come along and had to buy a people carrier but always vowed I'd get another one so here I am. Anyway car is lovely but o only problem is the central locking. If I lock the car with the remote only the fuel cap locks. If I lock the car with the key the fuel cap and drivers door lock. However when unlocking the car work the key the indicators flash as if the alarm is going off but no sound until I  switch the ignition on. So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks in advance. Regards lee

Hi Lee . . .  some  questions  . . . . 1.  so locking with the fob only locks the fuel cap ?

2.  Using the key to lock. .  only locks the fuel cap & the drivers door ?    but not the other doors ?

You say you are aware of the re sync operation  . . .3.did all doors lock & re open when this was done ?

Just out of curiosity  . .4.   do all 4 puddle lights operate on & off correctly ?  :-\ :-\

British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2018, 10:23:01 »

Do you get over to Brackley often?  We can plug the diags in.

You likely will need the alarm security code on the 2.6 though.
Grumpy old man

Leethomp78

• Bedford
    • 2.6 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2018, 19:15:44 »

Sorry all. Been away on a course for 4 weeks so been busy busy busy. Ok so I'll explain what happens.
1 remote fob is dead as someone has tried soldering it and bridged it. The other looks new and lights flash but wont operate anything on the car. When I use the key it always unlocks the drivers door and fuel cap. But then does sporadic things like sometimes will unlock all the car. Sometimes one rear door sometimes the passenger door. I have tried putting the key in and pressing the buttons in stage 1 ignition but nothing happens. All lights open when I open the doors and I have tried swapping round the solenoid in drivers door and still does the same so I am guessing it is going to be the alarm ECU as I have been told this is a common problem

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2018, 19:33:10 »

Sorry all. Been away on a course for 4 weeks so been busy busy busy. Ok so I'll explain what happens.
1 remote fob is dead as someone has tried soldering it and bridged it. The other looks new and lights flash but wont operate anything on the car. When I use the key it always unlocks the drivers door and fuel cap. But then does sporadic things like sometimes will unlock all the car. Sometimes one rear door sometimes the passenger door. I have tried putting the key in and pressing the buttons in stage 1 ignition but nothing happens. All lights open when I open the doors and I have tried swapping round the solenoid in drivers door and still does the same so I am guessing it is going to be the alarm ECU as I have been told this is a common problem

It may well be, but I don't recall it coming up in the 10 years (OMG!) I've been with OOF. Wiser heads will be along momentarily. ::) :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 August 2018, 20:23:25 »

If it was locked with the remote, then the alarm* is triggered if opening with the key. Only way to stop the alarm going off after opening with the key is key in ignition 2 or pressing unlock on the remote.

*Alarm probably isn't sounding as the power sounder has been removed ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 August 2018, 20:37:48 »

Alarm/Central Locking ECU is NOT a common fault.  Punch whoever said it was :)
Grumpy old man

Leethomp78

• Bedford
    • 2.6 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2018, 21:28:38 »

Well if anyone knows anyone that could fix it would be much obliged. Many thanks all
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.