Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Daft driving!!!  (Read 1712 times)

amigov6

Daft driving!!!
« on: 13 July 2007, 22:39:33 »

:DThere's a particular roundabout in Immingham that due to it's surface is great for tyre squeal even at low speed, no need for opposite lock drifties(although feathering the throttle in 2nd just before exit is a giggle) bit like the Sweeney. It's my "squeally" roundabout.
      What's your "playfull"bit of road? ::)

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Daft driving!!!
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2007, 22:59:19 »

M3 4am sunday morning boot full of dive kit warp factor 9 :y

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2007, 23:00:28 »

the 60mph that happens after the 30mph a mile from home....as the 60 sign looms theres a long left followed by a long wide right....thy feel good  :)

Get it right and you can be hitting 61mph when you get onto the straight...and nearly 63mph by the end of it. Apparently.
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2007, 23:28:51 »

On the A417 between gloucester and birdlip (Zoons court roudabout) -

It's a 60 zone, and the roundabout has it's own seperate cordoned off lane, for going straight on. Most people go around there about 30mph, it's a really tight bend.

When the roads are empty, I love going into this bend at about 60/70+ mph, it's a really tight one, and the car absolutely screams around it... it's the one place I actually scare myself sometimes...

To those around cheltenham that know me, it's known as "James's lane" ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2007, 00:02:28 »

On the A417 between gloucester and birdlip (Zoons court roudabout) -  .......

Is that where there's a pub at the top of the hill? ..... Airballoon? I used to go through there years ago when the middle lane could also be used to down the hill as well as up. I've seen the aftermath of a good few accidents where 2 cars have shared the same lane at speed. There's 2 solid white lines down the road now. It's changed somewhat at the top too, you had to go through the village once.
« Last Edit: 14 July 2007, 00:03:10 by Andy_B »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2007, 07:11:17 »

You're close - I agree, those 3 lanes are an accident waiting to happen, I've seen several fatalities there, as I use it for work every day.

The bit I'm talking about, is right at the other end of the bypass, in barnwood...

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2007, 07:20:23 »

My fave road is Buxton to Macclesfield (Cat and Fiddle) that's the one that's very often on Police Camera Action!  Think it's the 2nd or 3rd worst in the whole country. Many bikers have met their maker on this one, I'm sorry to say.  From the pub towards Macc, it's a blast,  in a decent motor you don't need to exceed any speed limits, some of the bends are 30 mph bends, BUT, if the road is clear, you can use the full width and go through at 50+ with a squeel or two, (That's just the wifey)  This is also the road that Tiff Needel tried a Ferarri down and had a very near miss on Fifth Gear...  They police it from the Heli Teli, a car or a police bike will not catch a decent biker on a sport bike on this road... FACT...

DC
Do it right, do it once................

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2007, 09:21:32 »

i love the a1 south of peterborough -4 laned motorway with very little traffic and no bloody speed cameras!!
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

cbx550bertie

• wolverhampton
  • mick macarthy`s gold an black army
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2007, 15:15:58 »

any road where i can just sit back an relax an enjoy the drive :y
why oh why didn`t i go for the 3.0... DOH

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 July 2007, 17:01:02 »

Got sent down an awesome road on one of our kit car tours. I think it was the B6318 around Hexham / Haltwhistle in Northumberland. Straight as a die but undulating gently. Just keep it planted and hang on! About as close as I've ever come to driving a roller coaster. ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martin_1962

« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2007, 19:51:02 »

On the A417 between gloucester and birdlip (Zoons court roudabout) -

It's a 60 zone, and the roundabout has it's own seperate cordoned off lane, for going straight on. Most people go around there about 30mph, it's a really tight bend.

When the roads are empty, I love going into this bend at about 60/70+ mph, it's a really tight one, and the car absolutely screams around it... it's the one place I actually scare myself sometimes...

To those around cheltenham that know me, it's known as "James's lane" ;D ;D

When I had a 600 I chickened out at 110 on the hill going up after hitting a Diesel spill and wheelspinning!

So where is this RB - I remember the bypass from Northern link road up to the old GAC factory, then the old raod through to Air Baloon.

I have come off the M5 on a new road towards Air Baloon but not into Gloucester.

Martin_1962

« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2007, 19:52:14 »

You're close - I agree, those 3 lanes are an accident waiting to happen, I've seen several fatalities there, as I use it for work every day.

The bit I'm talking about, is right at the other end of the bypass, in barnwood...

The same bike as before on the bit from GAC back towards Glos - managed to red line in top!!

Martin_1962

« Reply #12 on: 14 July 2007, 19:53:21 »

Nice roads - A422 Worcester Inkberrow when quiet used to take the corner by the Red Hart at 60 in the Sunbeam - Omegas no more than 50!!

Martin_1962

« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2007, 19:54:48 »

The roads through mid Wales are nice - enjoyable even when towing a caravan!!!!!

pete1666

• Bridgwater Somerset
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2007, 20:16:18 »

Used to be A22 blindlyheath until they took the bridge away, all 4 wheels off at 70 and all the way through to godstone,  those`s were the day , hillman hunter 1725,
1100 fiesta, Audi quattro coupe plus lots more ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.