Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TC/ABS/EML  (Read 2306 times)

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
TC/ABS/EML
« on: 13 July 2007, 09:46:13 »

Right the car has not moved since last nite, the wife started it up this morning and on top of everything else the EML has now decided to come on. So thats TC/ABS/EML all on! Shes refusing to drive it, or put our lad in it! Yet another hospital opiontment missed for our boy!

Checked all the connections and there fine, how the hell can somthing go wrong overnite when I aint even used it!

SWMBO is going bannanas! Its looking like we are going to have to get rid for somthing that at least works all the time! We need a realiable motor to get our lad to Oxford regular for his medical stuff, and everyday there somthing new wrong with the Omega.
Maybe my mech knowledge just aint up to caring for an Omega.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: TC/ABS/EML
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2007, 10:22:56 »

Owen....you know dam well whats wrong with it.....the crank sensor!

Read the codes!

And tell your wife, that I know much more about cars than her and that once the sensor is done it will be ok!  :y :y :y

Actualy you had better not tell her that.

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2007, 10:34:35 »

I know, I know, cranksensor!  :) Took of the battery, left it for half hour, papercliped it, 19! I know it sounds kinda pathetic, but no funds mate, and we need a working car, so the wifes given me no choice in the matter. Oh and consumption droped to 15 this morning ::)

Anyways SWMBO borowed her mates Ford Ka, to get to Oxford. Ford Ka? better her than me ;D I would have to wear 2 paper bags on me head, incase one fell off. ;D
« Last Edit: 13 July 2007, 10:35:07 by Owen »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2007, 10:37:45 »

Typical woman....how does changing a car when you have no money help.

I will check my stocks on Sunday and see if I have a spare crank sensor.....

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2007, 10:44:30 »

Typical woman....how does changing a car when you have no money help.

The way she sees it is that she just wants something that works when she turns the key and needs nowt spending on it! She recons she gonna have a trawl through the ebay swaps thisafters, and she’s a member of some 'Swap' website where there’s a lot of cars apparently. ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2007, 10:55:29 »

to be honest, if i had a 19 code, i wouldn't let her use it anyway, esp with little one. it can cut out at any time.
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2007, 10:56:17 »

Chances are you may get a car with more issues than yours and could work out even more costly to repair.

Not worth the risk at least the fault on yours has been diagnosed whats to say the next car will not need to go to the dealer for any engine management issues atleast with your car the paperclip trick is free.

All the repairs you have done who's going to benefit from them if you sell it on or swap it.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2007, 10:58:34 by nixoro »

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2007, 11:02:12 »

Chances are you may get a car with more issues than yours and could work out even more costly to repair.

Not worth the risk at least the fault on yours has been diagnosed whats to say the next car will not need to go to the dealer for any engine management issues atleast with your car the paperclip trick is free.

Yup more than a fair point there! ;)

Am gonna see if shes calmed down a bit when she get back form Oxford, see if I cant reason with her a little. ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2007, 11:11:17 »

I agree. You are not going to get a car that's absolutely trouble free if the budget is tight. Chances are you'll get one with more issues. Put it this way: at least you know what's wrong with the Omega.

she just wants something that works when she turns the key and needs nowt spending on it!

There's no such thing as a car that just works without having anything spent on it. Maintenance is what keeps a car working properly. It costs money and takes time and, if a car is lacking in recent maintenance, there's some catching up to do. This will be the case whatever car you buy second hand unless you hit it extremely lucky.

In addition, an Omega may be thirsty and suffer from a few niggles but they're basically solid and you can be reasonably sure it won't have a major mechanical disaster looming. This isn't the case with many other cars out there at that sort of money.

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Cav9_4

• Omega Knight
  • Sutton-In-Ashfield,Notts
  • 2003 Omega 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2007, 11:21:59 »

Owen,what years your Omega,and how easy is it to remove crank sensor,never been there so sorry don't know!,i'll check out my other Omega which is '98 on an R if it's the same i'll post it to you...Wayne

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2007, 11:52:22 »

Plus, there are not many safer cars out there......imagine the mess if they were in a Ka in a good smash.

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2007, 12:24:58 »

Plus, there are not many safer cars out there......imagine the mess if they were in a Ka in a good smash.

Funnily enough the Omega and Ka are both 3 star NCAP rated, but the Ka is only just a 3 star where as if the Omega has the side air bags its a 4 star car!!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2007, 13:37:25 »

You have to be careful with Ncap ratings as its not a level playing field and hence why they have classes.

As a result, a large exec car with 1 star may well be better in a crash than a supermini with 3....

Owen

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2007, 16:14:43 »

Thanks for the offer Cav, but Im told theres no getting them out if there the original one,s but cheers anyway :y

Anyways have sat SWMBO down to read this thread, and she has seen sense, thanks for all youe sensible and practical points fellas ;D

Well that was untill she just took it to the shop, and 'automatic gearbox' came up, went into limp mode, and did the same on 3 restarts! :(
So now Im back to square one, and shes even more pissed at me now! ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2007, 16:28:46 »

The crank sensor provides the RPM signal used by all of these subsystems so once it's gone to pot they're all liable to complain.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.