Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to know how we can own an Omega sedan?  (Read 1280 times)

shoppingelves

• View Profile
Want to know how we can own an Omega sedan?
« on: 29 October 2006, 23:08:56 »

Hello,
My name is Roseanne, my husband and I own a 2000 Cadillac Catera. We bought it from a military guy here in Anchorage, Alaska.  Unfortunately, since we bought the vehilce we need to upgrade alot of stuff on it.  He didn't tell us about the maintenance needs for this vehicle and we found out that we have to replace the transmission, the fan blower, the water pump, get brand new tie rod ends, and get it aligned. Also, he racked up miles on it. For a 2000 it should have around 90,000 miles. Instead it has 137,000 miles.  We figured, we'd make the adjustments and keep the vehicle. That's the only vehicle we have and right now that's all we can afford.

We were searching for body kits for the Cadillac catera, unfortunately, there is none. We found a vehicle just like the Catera, except it's under a different badge name in Europe.  So, we are now wondering if anyone knew how we could order a body kit or somehow get an Omega of our own with already fixed MPH not KMPH.

Does anyone have any idea where we can get a body kit or excellent condition bumpers and side skirts for the omega? I see that it's just a US Cadillac Catera dubbing the name Omega Elite in Europe.  Please help us out. Or if we can somehow accept installment payments on their Omega Elite vehicle? Thanks.

Roseanne and Joseph Diaz
1711 Lore Rd
Anchorage, AK 99507
US: 1-907-646-0473

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
Re: Want to know how we can own an Omega sedan?
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2006, 23:19:55 »

Hello and welcome to the site, the Catera is indeed a rebadged version of the Vauxhall Omega here in the UK or Opel Omega in the rest of Europe. If you post your question in the General Omega Help section or relevant sections you will get a better response. Once again welcome to the site :y

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2006, 14:55:21 »

Hello,
My name is Roseanne, my husband and I own a 2000 Cadillac Catera. We bought it from a military guy here in Anchorage, Alaska.  Unfortunately, since we bought the vehilce we need to upgrade alot of stuff on it.  He didn't tell us about the maintenance needs for this vehicle and we found out that we have to replace the transmission, the fan blower, the water pump, get brand new tie rod ends, and get it aligned. Also, he racked up miles on it. For a 2000 it should have around 90,000 miles. Instead it has 137,000 miles.  We figured, we'd make the adjustments and keep the vehicle. That's the only vehicle we have and right now that's all we can afford.

We were searching for body kits for the Cadillac catera, unfortunately, there is none. We found a vehicle just like the Catera, except it's under a different badge name in Europe.  So, we are now wondering if anyone knew how we could order a body kit or somehow get an Omega of our own with already fixed MPH not KMPH.

Does anyone have any idea where we can get a body kit or excellent condition bumpers and side skirts for the omega? I see that it's just a US Cadillac Catera dubbing the name Omega Elite in Europe.  Please help us out. Or if we can somehow accept installment payments on their Omega Elite vehicle? Thanks.

Roseanne and Joseph Diaz
1711 Lore Rd
Anchorage, AK 99507
US: 1-907-646-0473

Hi and wellcome to the forum, if you check on ebay.co.uk you can get a steinmetz replica bodykit for about 450USD. This should fit without any issues to your Catera. You could also look at the steinmetz website or the irmscher one. You car is an OPEL OmegaB designed and developed in Russelheim in Germany. It has had various other names depending to the country for example in brazil they call it chevrolet omega etc.

supermop

• Hoddesdon
  • User account problem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2006, 16:19:55 »

Welcome. I'm sure you can find plenty of help here with those mechanical problems. Might even cut the cost somewhat. Plenty of self help guides to look at if you fancy some DIY.

I had no idea GM branded the Omega under so many different names! Looks odd with the Cadillac badge on it!  :o

I'd say eBay or a local breakers yard would be your best bet for bumper kits. If you want your Catera/Omega to look the dogs danglies, I recommend the Irmscher kits  8-)
« Last Edit: 31 October 2006, 16:20:35 by supermop »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.