Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: essex meet ?  (Read 23730 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: essex meet ?
« Reply #30 on: 09 February 2011, 23:58:02 »

Not much point me organising as there is a good chance I will be working when it happens. Having said that, if people are happy to have it at the same place - iirc the landlord was more than happy to have us, so its just a matter of agreeing a date (via a poll) and then turning up on the agreed day. :y
I dont mind calling in as Im passing and double checking things with the landlord.

Be a good idea to make a courtesy call ;) ;)

I would suggest we leave it till April time in hope that the weather improves :y

Although I'm working most weekends in April :(
Only if your back is better - last essex meet turned into a TB LPG fitting bash...  ...now, oddly enough...   :-X   ;D

Sounds good to me. We'll arrive at the pub, get utterly JCB'ed then.. LPG? 'ow 'ard can it be? ;D

Kevin
The grumpy git next door still isn't talking to us after falsely accusing us of making loads of noise ::) ::) ;D ;D

In fact, there is another episode to that saga but I'll save that till later ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #31 on: 10 February 2011, 00:26:53 »

Not much point me organising as there is a good chance I will be working when it happens. Having said that, if people are happy to have it at the same place - iirc the landlord was more than happy to have us, so its just a matter of agreeing a date (via a poll) and then turning up on the agreed day. :y
I dont mind calling in as Im passing and double checking things with the landlord.

Be a good idea to make a courtesy call ;) ;)

I would suggest we leave it till April time in hope that the weather improves :y

Although I'm working most weekends in April :(
Only if your back is better - last essex meet turned into a TB LPG fitting bash...  ...now, oddly enough...   :-X   ;D

Sounds good to me. We'll arrive at the pub, get utterly JCB'ed then.. LPG? 'ow 'ard can it be? ;D

Kevin
Could make the Anglia news - 400 year old pub in Essex exploded this afternoon ! :o :D ;D ;D

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
  • Back in Black. Sensible size this time............
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10 February 2011, 08:08:16 »

Yup, I'll be there!

Does the Landlord mind people getting the spanners out?
(Any one available to help me with my drop links?)

Don't remember the LPG thing at all! Lots of driving of different cars though (thanks Bob!)

Bring it on!

Matthew
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 February 2011, 08:34:46 »

Yup, I'll be there!

Don't remember the LPG thing at all! Lots of driving of different cars though (thanks Bob!)

Bring it on!

Matthew

That doesn't surprise me... That was later and the next day at my house :y

albitz

« Reply #34 on: 10 February 2011, 10:07:21 »

Yup, I'll be there!

Bring it on!

Matthew
I dont think it would go down too well if there were dismantled cars and oil spread around the car park, but I cant imagine anyone is going to notice a pair of droplinks being changed on a car with a few other cars parked around/in front of it. ;)

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 February 2011, 10:42:31 »

Yup, I'll be there!

Bring it on!

Matthew
I dont think it would go down too well if there were dismantled cars and oil spread around the car park, but I cant imagine anyone is going to notice a pair of droplinks being changed on a car with a few other cars parked around/in front of it. ;)

I imagine you're right, that was why I was wondering........

As/when date is decided then I'll start asking if people can help.
However, if Landlord is not happy with any sort of spanner weilding, (however low-key) fair enough!

As I said earlier - bring it on! :) :y

Matthew
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

albitz

« Reply #36 on: 10 February 2011, 11:09:10 »

If the worst comes to the worst Matt, there is a huge public car park/shopping centre 5 minutes away. Im sure a bit of "emergency" spanner twirling could take place there.
Cant see it being a big problem though tbh. If its only one job on one car, one wheel off at a time - as long as everyone doesnt get inspired and start changing ATF etc in the car park. ;)

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 February 2011, 12:20:38 »

If the worst comes to the worst Matt, there is a huge public car park/shopping centre 5 minutes away. Im sure a bit of "emergency" spanner twirling could take place there.
Cant see it being a big problem though tbh. If its only one job on one car, one wheel off at a time - as long as everyone doesnt get inspired and start changing ATF etc in the car park. ;)

Certainly something to bare in mind Albs! :y

Matthew :)
(thanks Ian)

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18 February 2011, 10:27:06 »

Albs

It would be appreciated if you could pop in the pub and double check with the guvnor. :y

I've had/got a lot going on recently with health issues but I will arrange another meet if you all want me too, I will try and arrange it around the same time as last year.  If you can let me know the landlords ok with it then I will get some dates on the boil 8-)

albitz

« Reply #39 on: 18 February 2011, 11:28:01 »

Will do Mr. Cboy. :y :)

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 March 2011, 18:30:27 »

Any updates yet Mr A? Not to worry though! ;)

Date I propose is Saturday 24 April - same venue as last year.  Venue is http://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/pub/aldham/shoulder-of-mutton.aspx

Already spoke to the barman, he remembered us and said they would stay open through the afternoon on this date, they normally close for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

And for all you patriots this is St Georges Day, another reason for a socialable drink.  Not that I need a reason. :)

So if you would like to join me and Mrs JCB on this date, we will see you there. :y

albitz

« Reply #41 on: 01 March 2011, 18:46:48 »

Well done JCB.I have been past a couple of times recently, but I was either late for something or they were closed, so glad youve sorted it. :y
Will be there, work permitting. :y

Btw - PM on its way. ;)

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01 March 2011, 19:15:25 »

Any updates yet Mr A? Not to worry though! ;)

Date I propose is Saturday 24 April - same venue as last year.  Venue is http://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/pub/aldham/shoulder-of-mutton.aspx

Already spoke to the barman, he remembered us and said they would stay open through the afternoon on this date, they normally close for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

And for all you patriots this is St Georges Day, another reason for a socialable drink.  Not that I need a reason. :)

So if you would like to join me and Mrs JCB on this date, we will see you there. :y

23rd? The B/H weekend? I'm there! :y :y
(thanks Ian)

albitz

« Reply #43 on: 01 March 2011, 19:21:35 »

Chappel railway museum is 5 minutes away if any of you anoraks enthusiasts are interested.
http://www.earm.co.uk/

Thomas the tank engine will be running that day. ::) :D ;D
« Last Edit: 01 March 2011, 19:22:39 by albitz »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01 March 2011, 19:25:19 »

Saturday 23rd? or Sunday 24th? I'm working the Sunday :'( :'(

Although I may book it off ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.