Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambelt Fitters In Cornwall  (Read 16634 times)

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Cambelt Fitters In Cornwall
« Reply #75 on: 23 June 2012, 13:34:58 »

Cannot believe I missed this thread.  ;D
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 23 June 2012, 22:08:37 »

Poor bloke it was like a lamb to the slaughter, spanners at dawn  :o ;D ;D you bullies now about the cambelt  :-X :-X
paul lovejoy..you are getting it wrong the member who started this thread is not the member who went to war over 80 000 belt change :o :o :o

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 23 June 2012, 22:40:25 »

Poor bloke it was like a lamb to the slaughter, spanners at dawn  :o ;D ;D you bullies now about the cambelt  :-X :-X
paul lovejoy..you are getting it wrong the member who started this thread is not the member who went to war over 80 000 belt change :o :o :o

What people forget to realise is you all know the Cambelt Change is 4 years or 40,000 miles bevause you have either heard it on here or been told.
Now being fair I have heard it several times myself when people (none forum members) have insisted on the 80,000 miles interval, because they have been told this buy their regular garage etc... If you have being going to the same garage or a trusted mate who your convinced knows what he is talking about tells you "yes 80,000 mile intervals on that mate" then do you expect the guy to say any different?

There could be ten people on here giving info to a new member, four of which have given totally wrong answers to the OP's question. How does the OP know who's answer is right?

A friend of mine has known a " mechanic" for years and taken his car to him. The other week he told me that this "mechanic" had told him he needed this £15 bottle of stuff that will prevent his car from getting water leaks or head gasket problems. So he bought it from him and poured it into his perfect water system......

Hope that makes sense.. :)
« Last Edit: 23 June 2012, 22:51:18 by Darth Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 23 June 2012, 22:44:10 »

« Last Edit: 23 June 2012, 22:48:31 by Darth Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 23 June 2012, 22:54:21 »

Max, we(Mrs G and I) are doing a charity walk accross the Seven bridge on Sunday for CF. If your ok with it, and theres enough mileage left on the srvice interval, meet me In the south car park and I'll do your cam belt there.
 Forecast for the morning is horrific though.  :'(.  Which is absolutely bloody typical. ;D
Afternoon "should" be ok though.

If I do the work, and your happy, all I ask is a suitable contribution of your choice to the charity. How's that?

Failing that, AndyB's offer sounds too good to miss.  :y

but lets face it.....what a nice offer from chris :y :y :y :y :y :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 23 June 2012, 22:57:35 »

Max, we(Mrs G and I) are doing a charity walk accross the Seven bridge on Sunday for CF. If your ok with it, and theres enough mileage left on the srvice interval, meet me In the south car park and I'll do your cam belt there.
 Forecast for the morning is horrific though.  :'(.  Which is absolutely bloody typical. ;D

If I do the work, and your happy, all I ask is a suitable contribution of your choice to the charity. How's that?

Yes it sure is :y

I was convinced that the ugly bugger didn't have a heart  ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #81 on: 24 June 2012, 00:30:39 »

Yes it sure is :y

I was convinced that the ugly bugger didn't have a heart  ;D
Nah, if I had a heart I'd drive down there all the way. I'd love the journey, if the traffic behaves, In my omega through that part of the world.

...but unfortunately it's too late now, as the guy who usually lends me his locking Kit is not available now. :( we won't have time to pick up and still make the start time of the walk.

Over to AndyB. :)

I think with newer members that want to help, and I think he was genuinely trying to help, that there's an element of not wanting to look daft in front of everyone. So stick to guns instead of research the actual correct situation. As Daz says, Allan's mechanic might(for arguments sake) have been absolutely correct about a number of other things, but just hot this one wrong.
 But two seconds on Google would reveal the answer i suspect. Although if the info came from a dealer, I think that gives a clue as to the quality level dealers have sunk too.

As a note to newer members this place, historically, is littered with poor advice from dealers. Service intervals on,
Oil changes
Auto box fluid
Cam belt intervals
Spark plug life

ALL PROVEN TO BE INCORRECT FROM VAUXHALL... so what chance do the back street guys have? they can't possibly know every piece of service info from every manufacturer ever to exist, just on the off chance that particular car rolls up at their door.

There is info in FAQ on oof recomended service interval v what vauxhall say. The difference is startling. Why? Story is, Vauxhall wanted to impress fleet managers with cheap and longer service intervals re other manufacturers, to improve sales.

Non of that BS is relevant to us. Any sensible owner will be keen to know that their car will last as long as possible, and oof is an ideal oppertunity to focus all that on one model. Something no other organisation is capable of to this level of honesty.

Fe@kin sales, who needs em!
« Last Edit: 24 June 2012, 00:32:55 by chrisgixer »

maxpolished

« Reply #82 on: 27 June 2012, 20:51:10 »

Hi everyone been away in hospital with probs for week so sorry for not replying sooner to coments i would like to thank every body for the offers to change belt etc i have accepted offer from a good man....JamesV6CDX....i have emailed him to confirm more and dates so thanks to all and happy motoring chat soon mike and ps many thanks jamesv6cdx will look forward seing you soon bring my omega up to date with belts and pumps ..thankyou all.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 27 June 2012, 22:53:47 »

Hi everyone been away in hospital with probs for week so sorry for not replying sooner to coments i would like to thank every body for the offers to change belt etc i have accepted offer from a good man....JamesV6CDX....i have emailed him to confirm more and dates so thanks to all and happy motoring chat soon mike and ps many thanks jamesv6cdx will look forward seing you soon bring my omega up to date with belts and pumps ..thankyou all.

I'll leave my cam lock kit & 30mm spanner at home then .......  ;) ;) ;) ;) We're visiting a friend in Plymouth sometime over the next couple of weeks so wouldn't have been too far away from you.  :y
« Last Edit: 27 June 2012, 22:56:11 by Andy B »

feeutfo

« Reply #84 on: 27 June 2012, 23:05:27 »

Good stuff. :)

I've got blisters from the walk so that's me buggered til Xmas anyway. :(

;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 28 June 2012, 09:28:43 »

;D

Blisters? From walking across a bridge? :o

;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 28 June 2012, 13:06:02 »

;D

;)

Well he is fat....  ;D ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 28 June 2012, 13:17:56 »

;D

;)

Well he is fat....  ;D ;D

So am I. :P
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

taitinson

• Sunny Cornwall
    • 03 2.6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 28 June 2012, 13:53:00 »

You can't go wrong with James, he's a top bloke, he did mine a few months back and it made a hell of a difference :y

allen25

• Worcestershire
    • Omega 2.6 V6 2001
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 06 July 2012, 15:43:10 »

Hi all,

I accept everything everyone has said. My Vauxhall service schedule sheets differ from all the advice from members (I accept everything you all say including that Vauxhall changed their position, I accept your combined experience). I've got away with my service interval on the timing belt change, so I'll make a point of changing the belt again in 40,000 miles. I absolutely love the car and the last thing I want to do is encourage anyone else to break theirs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.