Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega remapping  (Read 25396 times)

aaronjb

Re: Omega remapping
« Reply #105 on: 10 November 2014, 16:51:31 »

Yup, looks pretty 2.5 / 3 literey Vee-sixy to mee  :o

Unless perhaps thinking of this guys...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=126328.0

That's some big jap lump in it

The latter is a 2JZ-GTE out of a Toyota Supra. Popular conversion, bulletproof engine (largely, anyway) with a bottom end reputedly good for about 700hp before you need to start looking at the crank & bearings.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 10 November 2014, 17:14:40 »

Webby, by far the cheapest and easiest way to approach 200bhp from a 2.5 (for UK owners at least) is to pop in a 3.0l lump, and AR35.

I can absolutely, categorically tell you from personal experience that a cammed, superchipped 2.5 is not even in the same league as a bog standard 3.0l. Not even close. You may get a (claimed) 180+bhp, but only when screaming the nads off it.

Kevin Wood - I did once compare a 2.5 (from a 2000 car) to my 3.0 (1998) factory chips, and there were differences (and similarities). Whether that was age related, who knows?

I've still got the 3.0l chip (as its in the Bullet's glovebox), but lost the 2.5 chip in the garage. The laptop I had copied the maps to was also in the garage.

Webby - happy to take a copy of your current chip, and compare to my factory MV6 one.

I think I gave my Superchips 2.5 chip to Matchless, not sure if he still has it, or more likely sold it in an Omega.
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #107 on: 10 November 2014, 17:25:11 »

Yup, looks pretty 2.5 / 3 literey Vee-sixy to mee  :o

Unless perhaps thinking of this guys...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=126328.0

That's some big jap lump in it
This is the one I was referring to :y The C20LET route would probably give you the most cost effective, reliable bang for your money :-\

Of course, fitting a proper engine which starts at 330bhp and is readily tuned to 500ish without blowing up is another approach...

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 10 November 2014, 17:56:25 »

Webby, by far the cheapest and easiest way to approach 200bhp from a 2.5 (for UK owners at least) is to pop in a 3.0l lump, and AR35.

I can absolutely, categorically tell you from personal experience that a cammed, superchipped 2.5 is not even in the same league as a bog standard 3.0l. Not even close. You may get a (claimed) 180+bhp, but only when screaming the nads off it.

Kevin Wood - I did once compare a 2.5 (from a 2000 car) to my 3.0 (1998) factory chips, and there were differences (and similarities). Whether that was age related, who knows?

I've still got the 3.0l chip (as its in the Bullet's glovebox), but lost the 2.5 chip in the garage. The laptop I had copied the maps to was also in the garage.

Webby - happy to take a copy of your current chip, and compare to my factory MV6 one.

I think I gave my Superchips 2.5 chip to Matchless, not sure if he still has it, or more likely sold it in an Omega.

Thanks Jaime. Sorry to be thick but you can make me a copy chip of your mv6 one? or try out my chip?  :)

ps, your adjuster arrived few days ago. Will pop that over to you  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 10 November 2014, 18:04:42 »

Thanks Jaime. Sorry to be thick but you can make me a copy chip of your mv6 one? or try out my chip?  :)

Just compare to see if 2.5 and 3.0 map is the same
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 10 November 2014, 18:08:15 »

I don't believe it is, despite what's been said on here in the past. Serek knows a bit about this when we were last chatting about upgrades.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 10 November 2014, 18:10:46 »

Got ya. So how do you physically check to see if theyrethe same or different (please don't shout at me for being thick  :-[ ;D)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 10 November 2014, 18:29:27 »

Got ya. So how do you physically check to see if theyrethe same or different (please don't shout at me for being thick  :-[ ;D)
Take your chip out, read it, compare contents to mine.
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 10 November 2014, 18:31:47 »

read it on't computer?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 10 November 2014, 18:37:33 »

read it on't computer?
Yup. EEPROM programmer and a PC
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 10 November 2014, 18:38:03 »

Actually its an EPROM
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #116 on: 10 November 2014, 18:42:05 »

easiest way to reach some considerable power is to buy a ready 3.0 omega ;D

but is it enough fast is another question ..   and depends on personal choice :-\
« Last Edit: 10 November 2014, 18:44:24 by cem »

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 10 November 2014, 18:49:08 »

Actually its an EPROM

I don't know what that means  :-[ but thanks for the offer mate.

if its only a 5 minute job(?) ill bring your adjuster round (and your metal if you order some) and I can whip the ecu out andwe'll 'ave a butchers if you like one evening?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

05omegav6

« Reply #118 on: 10 November 2014, 19:59:07 »

easiest way to reach some considerable power is to buy a ready 3.0 omega ;D

but is it enough fast is another question ..   and depends on personal choice :-\
If the 2.5 is quick enough to scare Webby, then I'm not sure what he would do with an extra 30bhp :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #119 on: 10 November 2014, 21:03:26 »

Bah. None of this safe margin stuff would stack up too well in the bike world. They map it get passed eu emissions so there's almost always a flat spot at 4k where they test for noise and emissions.
 Therefor creating a nice aftermarket industry for tuning out said flat spots. A nice grey sooty deposit on the exhaust is then quite common. Just as Mr Kawasaki/Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Ducati/ and eventually Bmw intended. :y

Non of this black soot rubbish evident on cars. Clearly room to lean it off a bit there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.