Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega remapping  (Read 25411 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Omega remapping
« Reply #45 on: 06 November 2014, 21:53:24 »

Lol anyone any thoughts on the reply from superchips?  ::) ;D
Its just the standard bullshit reply. Basically, they created a map ages ago, and that one single map is what they sell. Like it or lump it.
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 07 November 2014, 09:31:32 »

Thanks Jaime. So can I use it with my EGR blank?  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 07 November 2014, 14:44:01 »

Thanks Jaime. So can I use it with my EGR blank?  :y
Yup. EGR still needs to be electrically in the circuit.
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 07 November 2014, 14:47:37 »

:y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 November 2014, 14:32:26 »

Lol anyone any thoughts on the reply from superchips?  ::) ;D
Some Re Mappers electronically disable The EGR within the ECU Map with the view to try and squeeze a couple more HP's out to aid there other Map mods. Fairly sure Superchips dont do this, so probably just covering there arse by saying 'we do not offer remaps for cars that have had the EGR removed' or possible having the EML light coming on with a prior bodged job EGR removal.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08 November 2014, 16:12:07 »

I would not expect Opel's map could be bettered. And yet - last March I bought a used Omega 2.5 petrol manual estate from OOF member ajsphead, via e-bay. It had been chipped by him in October 2012, by Mathijssen-tehnics bv, of the Netherland, cost 328euros. I asked him why, he explained he had suffered a diff failure, replaced diff with a diff from a diesel Omega, so to regain performance for the change in overall gear ratio he had it chipped.

I can report that it drives very well, quite as well as my Opel Omega 2.5 petrol manual saloon, and returns an overall 30mpg, as compared with the saloon's 28 mpg on the same journey pattern.

Make of that what you will.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 November 2014, 16:55:44 »

I would not expect Opel's map could be bettered. And yet - last March I bought a used Omega 2.5 petrol manual estate from OOF member ajsphead, via e-bay. It had been chipped by him in October 2012, by Mathijssen-tehnics bv, of the Netherland, cost 328euros. I asked him why, he explained he had suffered a diff failure, replaced diff with a diff from a diesel Omega, so to regain performance for the change in overall gear ratio he had it chipped.

I can report that it drives very well, quite as well as my Opel Omega 2.5 petrol manual saloon, and returns an overall 30mpg, as compared with the saloon's 28 mpg on the same journey pattern.

Most Maps can be bettered, that the whole principle behind re mapping, Comes from the Factory as standard with considerations as to where the Cars going to live, climate, who and how its going to be driven, lack of service intervals etc, fine tune them parameters and squeeze a few more horses out of it and all that stuff, job done.

I have a 3.2 Manual thats been re mapped, with the added benefit of LPG Dual Fuel, been toying with the idea of fitted a Diesel 3.45 Diff to replace the 3.7 LSD fitted (although dont really wont to lose the LSD side of things, so may look into that one) I reckon the Manual Box will cope better over the Auto giving the the change of diff ratio without losing too much on performance, so its nice to hear that your 2.5 drives well with one fitted and improved MPG.  :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 November 2014, 17:35:00 »

Most Maps can be bettered, that the whole principle behind re mapping, Comes from the Factory as standard with considerations as to where the Cars going to live, climate, who and how its going to be driven, lack of service intervals etc, fine tune them parameters and squeeze a few more horses out of it and all that stuff, job done.

I have a 3.2 Manual thats been re mapped, with the added benefit of LPG Dual Fuel, been toying with the idea of fitted a Diesel 3.45 Diff to replace the 3.7 LSD fitted (although dont really wont to lose the LSD side of things, so may look into that one) I reckon the Manual Box will cope better over the Auto giving the the change of diff ratio without losing too much on performance, so its nice to hear that your 2.5 drives well with one fitted and improved MPG.  :y

Doesn't that prove that your 2.5,Terry, was bettered with a map....?

I got a quick question...

I read somewhere that you should use super unleaded to take full advantage of your remap.this correct or can I run on standard unleaded?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

05omegav6

« Reply #53 on: 08 November 2014, 18:05:14 »

That depends on the map ::) if it's programmed to work with regular unleaded, then you should use regular unleaded :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 09 November 2014, 09:41:49 »

I would not expect Opel's map could be bettered.
Depends on definition of "bettered". More power, definitely possible. Better economy, yes, possible (though usually marginal on NA petrols). Better emmissions and all round drivability, the OE map will be hard to beat.
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09 November 2014, 11:04:03 »

That depends on the map ::) if it's programmed to work with regular unleaded, then you should use regular unleaded :-\

Fair comment. I'll enquire when I get it fitted :)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 09 November 2014, 17:26:19 »

Only really worth remapping turbo's or diesels for more outright power, but as previous posts point out a decent remap can get rid of some holes in the power hence making the car drive a bit nicer.

Now my Dti would be a good candidate :)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 09 November 2014, 17:27:51 »

That's all I'd expect / want Mag.not looking to get it producing a million horse power. just want it ironed out. so worth trying in my opinion  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09 November 2014, 19:18:27 »

That's all I'd expect / want Mag.not looking to get it producing a million horse power. just want it ironed out. so worth trying in my opinion  :y
Given that a (properly working) V6 gives a smooth power curve, I reckon you'll be disappointed Webby.  Most off the shelf chips for Omegas, including Superchips and Powerchips just give a small improvement at high RPM.
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #59 on: 09 November 2014, 20:50:18 »

webby I'll recommend 3.0 cams and a 3.0 ecu .. it has a different map.. (but you will need immobiliser rings paired with this ecu)

it gave considerable results with polished inlets (in terms of hp .. not sure how many secs of gain on an auto though)   :y

« Last Edit: 09 November 2014, 20:52:21 by cem »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.