Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Best place to purchase a decent Elite ?  (Read 21119 times)

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
Re: Best place to purchase a decent Elite ?
« Reply #75 on: 21 December 2015, 19:25:35 »

I bought my 2 owner 17K car in Feb 2014 privately and paid top dollar for it but don't regret it. I've spent a bit on it since but use it every day on the commute. Now 64K. Only wish it was black like my previous one.  :-*

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 21 December 2015, 20:16:41 »

Where else would you get a superbly comfortable well built car with all the toys for relatively little money? I get a great deal of pleasure driving my Omegas, but it depends whether you would prefer to get from A to B in mondane modern Eurobox, yes, that may do a few more miles per gallon, may cost less to tax, but also are still depreciating in value. A good Omega will now not lose much value, if any at all, and this forum will guide you through the possible issues that may, not will, may crop up. Would a small cheaper to run car give you as more pleasure than an Omega - I know it's a personal thing, but I think not. I also have a high performance Audi; its costs a frightening amount of money to run in both depreciation and actual running costs, I am always wary of where I park it and whether it will still be on my drive in the morning, and although I think it's a fantastic car, I get as much pleasure with the luxuries and the driving experience that the Omega affords for a faction of the cost.
I have run Omega V6 Elites for over 15 years, and penny for penny, have not cost as much as you think to keep running sweetly and returning 30mpg on a run. Some insurance companies will now insure Omegas on classic car policies, which means your no claims can be used on another car, and the premiums are drastically less if you can keep,the annual mileage to around 6k.
A no brainier in my opinion!
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 21 December 2015, 23:12:26 »

I bought my 2 owner 17K car in Feb 2014 privately and paid top dollar for it but don't regret it. I've spent a bit on it since but use it every day on the commute. Now 64K. Only wish it was black like my previous one.  :-*

Wow.... now that is low miles !!!

Hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 21 December 2015, 23:19:43 »

Where else would you get a superbly comfortable well built car with all the toys for relatively little money? I get a great deal of pleasure driving my Omegas, but it depends whether you would prefer to get from A to B in mondane modern Eurobox, yes, that may do a few more miles per gallon, may cost less to tax, but also are still depreciating in value. A good Omega will now not lose much value, if any at all, and this forum will guide you through the possible issues that may, not will, may crop up. Would a small cheaper to run car give you as more pleasure than an Omega - I know it's a personal thing, but I think not. I also have a high performance Audi; its costs a frightening amount of money to run in both depreciation and actual running costs, I am always wary of where I park it and whether it will still be on my drive in the morning, and although I think it's a fantastic car, I get as much pleasure with the luxuries and the driving experience that the Omega affords for a faction of the cost.
I have run Omega V6 Elites for over 15 years, and penny for penny, have not cost as much as you think to keep running sweetly and returning 30mpg on a run. Some insurance companies will now insure Omegas on classic car policies, which means your no claims can be used on another car, and the premiums are drastically less if you can keep,the annual mileage to around 6k.
A no brainier in my opinion!

All that makes sense and my annual miles are around 6k, i see an Omega purchase as a nice toy and something of an extravagance but i also see it could work as a normal daily car for shorter annual mileages, how much exactly is the annual RFL for a 3.2.... a few sales sites have had different figurs on it.

05omegav6

« Reply #79 on: 21 December 2015, 23:25:44 »

Depends on the year, but no more than £290...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 22 December 2015, 10:12:07 »

As others have said, miles are irrelevant. Even if well into the 6 figures, here is my 160k 2.2 making the blast to Austria in -18 conditions. (stacked full of snowboards, beer and supplies) Never missed a beat  :y

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=111494

It's now on 185k - Running just as well  :)

My 3.2 is on 152k - That one feels barely run in, inside it's so tidy - I could reduce the miles on the clock by 75% and I bet no one would question it   ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 22 December 2015, 14:00:24 »

Or a Mercedes trained mechanic owner who allegedly serviced it  >:( >:( Ive spent the best part of £600 getting it properly sorted  ::)
You got off lightly  :y

Im still spending on it as you do  ::) It does look nice though , sat on the drive doing nothing  ;D
Omegatitis

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 22 December 2015, 18:02:05 »

Just seen this... it's broken, but frankly looks easily repairable, and after the usual culprits have been sorted seems a fine motor, all look very clean and tidy cosmetically.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-VAUXHALL-OMEGA-ELITE-V6-AUTO-GREY-/231786923640?hash=item35f793c678:g:dx4AAOSwJcZWcshb

I don't suppose anyone has an oil cooler for sale? ::)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 22 December 2015, 18:07:33 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D you only just got rid of two of them...Told the wife yet ?  :-X
« Last Edit: 22 December 2015, 18:09:04 by BIGtime »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 22 December 2015, 18:18:35 »

No. My life won't be worth living when I come clean...

I don't have any use for it at all. But it went for pocket money and is less than 6 miles away from me. Being what appears to be a pretty straight and unmolested 3.2 elite, I didn't want it getting in the hands of a breaker. If it's straight enough body wise, I will give it a new lease of life :y

Hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 23 December 2015, 17:41:40 »

No. My life won't be worth living when I come clean...

I don't have any use for it at all. But it went for pocket money and is less than 6 miles away from me. Being what appears to be a pretty straight and unmolested 3.2 elite, I didn't want it getting in the hands of a breaker. If it's straight enough body wise, I will give it a new lease of life :y

Most of the elite's i see are all down with you southern jessies :)

Up in the grim north is a lot harder to find any let alone a decent one.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 23 December 2015, 20:40:09 »

Here's one up north :

Omegatitis

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 23 December 2015, 21:35:41 »

Here's one up north :

Looks lifted at the rear

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 23 December 2015, 21:39:44 »

Here's one up north :

Looks lifted at the rear

It do , if that were nearer and cheaper i would of snapped that one up .. There's a decent 3.0 knocking around too in fast black . 3.0 is the engine to go for  :P
Omegatitis

Hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 23 December 2015, 22:05:19 »

Here's one up north :

Not for me i am afraid...... i want to pay a tad more than that one  ;D To much to say on what is wrong with it to really inspire confidence that what he is saying is not just the tip of the iceberg !
« Last Edit: 23 December 2015, 22:10:41 by Hudson »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.