Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting an AR35 from Senator  (Read 20447 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting an AR35 from Senator
« Reply #60 on: 26 July 2016, 08:14:04 »

Given where the gearbox dipstick sat on the senator, there is no way it will work with a V6 in there.
Believe Shackeng is putting this box in the 2.5tdi... straight six too...

Still suspect it will be a struggle, the inlet setup on the TD is pretty large and the engines in the Omega are set slightly further back on the Senny

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26 July 2016, 10:05:42 »

Can anyone shed light on pics 2 & 3? Is the square drive at the rear of the box a speedo offtake? And why did they fit an selector shaft on each side of the box? given its an auto. Or could the RH shaft have been for some sort of position indicator? :-\ :-\ :-\

Picture 3 is the speed signal output IIRC, there is a black cylinder shaped signal generator that bolts on there with a two wire output, it`s the same on the manuals.

When I get home tonight I`ll have a look at the manual and see if there are any photos, it was a while ago since I had my Senator now and the auto box was short lived, it went to thr tip after converting it to manual.

BTW if you want the manual, if it is any use to you, PM me your address and I`ll post it on  :y

Thanks, I thought it was. No, don't need the manual thanks, as I just need that info on the odds and ends extra on the box. :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26 July 2016, 10:34:48 »

Given where the gearbox dipstick sat on the senator, there is no way it will work with a V6 in there.
Believe Shackeng is putting this box in the 2.5tdi... straight six too...

Still suspect it will be a struggle, the inlet setup on the TD is pretty large and the engines in the Omega are set slightly further back on the Senny

LH side Mark. :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26 July 2016, 12:37:22 »

Can anyone shed light on pics 2 & 3? Is the square drive at the rear of the box a speedo offtake? And why did they fit an selector shaft on each side of the box? given its an auto. Or could the RH shaft have been for some sort of position indicator? :-\ :-\ :-\

Picture 3 is the speed signal output IIRC, there is a black cylinder shaped signal generator that bolts on there with a two wire output, it`s the same on the manuals.

When I get home tonight I`ll have a look at the manual and see if there are any photos, it was a while ago since I had my Senator now and the auto box was short lived, it went to thr tip after converting it to manual.

BTW if you want the manual, if it is any use to you, PM me your address and I`ll post it on  :y

Thanks, I thought it was. No, don't need the manual thanks, as I just need that info on the odds and ends extra on the box. :y

I`ll have a look tonight and post up some relevant pics, there`s not much on the auto box though, no exploded diagram.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 July 2016, 13:35:17 »

What looks like a selector shaft on the RH side directly opposite the normal selector. :-\

Full pic of the dipstick tube. It is mounted in a rubber sleeve, and easily removable, but how to safely block the aperture? :-\

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 26 July 2016, 13:42:45 »

Tap it and put a bolt in or an aftermarket sump plug kit?
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 26 July 2016, 14:02:33 »

Full pic of the dipstick tube. It is mounted in a rubber sleeve, and easily removable, but how to safely block the aperture? :-\

Cut down the tube so that there's about 20mm left. weld a plate over the end and refit as normal.

aaronjb

« Reply #67 on: 26 July 2016, 15:34:28 »

The sump isn't going to be pressurised on the autobox, is it? (I don't think) .. most likely that yellow cover already fitted at the end of the stub would be fine, assuming the stub of dipstick tube clears the firewall.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 26 July 2016, 15:39:40 »

The sump isn't going to be pressurised on the autobox, is it? (I don't think) .. most likely that yellow cover already fitted at the end of the stub would be fine, assuming the stub of dipstick tube clears the firewall.

That's going to be as secure as a dipstick shoved in the end, so yes, I'd say leave it at that.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #69 on: 26 July 2016, 15:55:53 »

Incidentally I suspect this is what would normally fit on the end over that rubber O-ring and snake it's way up the rest of the firewall on the Senator: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FILLER-TUBE-for-AR25-AR35-AUTO-GEARBOX-Senator-B-/360283397015

If you really want that easily accessible fill tube, maybe that could be bodged modified to fit the Omega firewall.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 26 July 2016, 16:38:51 »

Incidentally I suspect this is what would normally fit on the end over that rubber O-ring and snake it's way up the rest of the firewall on the Senator: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FILLER-TUBE-for-AR25-AR35-AUTO-GEARBOX-Senator-B-/360283397015

If you really want that easily accessible fill tube, maybe that could be bodged modified to fit the Omega firewall.

Hmm, its a thought. However I have now removed the existing tube from its rubber mounting seal, and, hooray, found a perfectly tight fitting rubber bung from my rubber seals/stoppers gash box. You know the type, with several concentric rings of rubber around the core. It fits perfectly, and is a tighter fit in the seal than was the tube, so I don't think it will be a problem, and as you say Aaron, the sump is not under pressure .

Thanks all for your suggestions, all workable I would think. At least with this solution, I will not be offering the box up, only to find that something interferes with the tube. :y :y :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 26 July 2016, 16:40:35 »

Any ideas what the RH 'selector shaft' may have been for.? :-\ :-\ :-\

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 26 July 2016, 18:11:36 »

Thats the route I would be going down, I`m pretty sure it could be made to clear the firewall and it gives you fuss free filling.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 26 July 2016, 19:07:52 »

Can't see oil cooler pipes on new box.
Selector shaft was done for different applications,
Hoof'land storeman.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26 July 2016, 19:13:14 »

Can't see oil cooler pipes on new box.
Selector shaft was done for different applications,

I think they`re on the other side, Senny definitely had them  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.