Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: had just about enough now, a sad day for my car!  (Read 17596 times)

HolyCount

Re: had just about enough now, a sad day for my car!
« Reply #90 on: 07 April 2009, 23:03:44 »

maybe its time to buy a Volvo V70 or a Ford Mondeo ST220 in Estate Form?  are they reliable?  ha ha ha ha

When I ran a mobile disco in the 70's (I know ... "Keep Music Live" and al that  :) ) we ran around in ex Securicor transits --- got erm ... interesting at times, but always got us there and home again. Modern cars are a right royal fur lined pain in the derriere!
« Last Edit: 08 April 2009, 12:18:18 by HolyCount »

feeutfo

« Reply #91 on: 07 April 2009, 23:04:53 »

maybe its time to buy a Volvo V70 or a Ford Mondeo ST220 in Estate Form?  are they reliable?  ha ha ha ha

NO! ;D

And their "wiring" is far too boring for you....

on a serious note, neither of those two cars will do anywhere near the mileage of your omega. My father in laws C70 (same engine family) has 113k on it and has had 3 throttle bodys at 600 a pop and is now on my drive with auto box issues. I had a mondeo which was shagged out by 90k with buggered clutch and gear box.
Keep your omega.
Most people on here carry a spare crank sensor, esp if the car is still on its original, and an HBV is a good idea, stick em both in the boot, Mr green flag should be able to change them at the road side. ;)

In your immediate case i would also carry a good amount of coolant(ready mixed antifreeze or what ever is the same colour as whats in the bottle now)only use water as last resort/emergency.

« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 23:34:14 by chrisgixer »

HCG

• Cheshire, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 07 April 2009, 23:05:59 »

Do you think so?
Not so sure. Wrong attitude. Banter? Que?

Wayne

« Reply #93 on: 07 April 2009, 23:07:26 »

HCG   - got ya!

i want you all the my Rock City gig in Nottingham this sunday!
while im on stage playing to 3000 punters, you can all fix my car for me  ;D

deal or NO Deal?   :y

HCG

• Cheshire, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 07 April 2009, 23:11:55 »

Ha,  8-)  Ok, as long as you are more RELAXED.
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 23:14:15 by fbe9t6x »

Wayne

« Reply #95 on: 07 April 2009, 23:14:29 »

So guys, tell me more about this crappy so called sniffer test that VX done on my car today and then told me The Lies,  why the hell when i took it in for the heating problem would the mechanic even plug it in to tell me the HG Problem

and YES, i will be going there when i find out its not the HG i can assure you! i intend to be VERY Loud in the main reception

they cant be allowed to get away with this bullshit

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 07 April 2009, 23:22:40 »

a new HBV costs?  ......

About £30 and an to fit it.  :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 07 April 2009, 23:23:00 »

So guys, tell me more about this crappy so called sniffer test that VX done on my car today and then told me The Lies,  why the hell when i took it in for the heating problem would the mechanic even plug it in to tell me the HG Problem

and YES, i will be going there when i find out its not the HG i can assure you! i intend to be VERY Loud in the main reception

they cant be allowed to get away with this bullshit

Because they don't know..... they aren't proper Mechanics.
Being fair Wayne, I have just read this thread all through and if you had this problem last year why didn't you get it fixed then?
If you have had no warmth in your car for a year what suddenly made you think it was the Head Gasket?
Also you have had loads of people giving you correct information and it seems you don't believe them? if your mate is a Legend Mechanic why not go and tell him what the replies have been and see if he can do it for you? :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Wayne

« Reply #98 on: 07 April 2009, 23:28:14 »

because the heating has been fine since then, its only suddenly started playing up..

i never even wanted to think about Head Gasket, i only added it on here because of what VX said, that's what freaked me out, if they hadn't have told me i wouldn't have stressed out about the HG

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 07 April 2009, 23:34:45 »

I can understand you getting stressed at the thought of the head gasket going it is an expensive job wherever you take it. But from what you have explained you don't seem to have that problem. :y
The idea behind this forum is that when people have problems there are people on here willing to give excellent information for free, even how to's etc so you will be able to have ago yourself. I know you are saying that you no nothing about cars but there a hell of a lot of us that are in the same boat as yourself who have tried, then come back on here saying what they have done, or that they can't do such a thing, got the info they needed and gone out and done it saving theirselves a small fortune, and a sense of well being.
This is what makes this Forum such a Great one mate  :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

feeutfo

« Reply #100 on: 07 April 2009, 23:35:02 »

NO! ;D

And their "wiring" is far too boring for you....

on a serious note, neither of those two cars will do anywhere near the mileage of your omega. My father in laws C70 (same engine family) has 113k on it and has had 3 throttle bodys at 600 a pop and is now on my drive with auto box issues. I had a mondeo which was shagged out by 90k with buggered clutch and gear box.
Keep your omega.
Most people on here carry a spare crank sensor, esp if the car is still on its original, and an HBV is a good idea, stick em both in the boot, Mr green flag should be able to change them at the road side. ;)

In your immediate case i would also carry a good amount of coolant(ready mixed antifreeze or what ever is the same colour as whats in the bottle now)only use water as last resort/emergency.

Wayne

« Reply #101 on: 08 April 2009, 07:42:17 »

morning!

i forgot to ask, is that sniffer test the same as a pressure test?
when the receptionsit came out with her "bit of paper" she said the so called mechanic at VX had pressure tested it and water was going into the oil..... then she said it showed yellow,  confused? i am!   >:(

have a good day

Welung666

« Reply #102 on: 08 April 2009, 07:45:55 »

morning!

i forgot to ask, is that sniffer test the same as a pressure test?
when the receptionsit came out with her "bit of paper" she said the so called mechanic at VX had pressure tested it and water was going into the oil..... then she said it showed yellow,  confused? i am!   >:(

have a good day

Sniffer tests and pressure tests are 2 different ends of a stick matey. Sniffer tests are the proverbial chocolate fireguard. Pressure tests can be useful for finding very hard to find leaks in the cooling system but don't always work. Like I said earlier if you get up this way durning the daytime then stop by mine and I'll have a gander ;) :y

Wayne

« Reply #103 on: 08 April 2009, 07:51:58 »

Okay buddy, thanks

must have been pressure tested then, that's what she said.. but glad that it doesn't mean for definate that my HG has gone

off to work now, ooooooooh i cant wait!

stuart30

« Reply #104 on: 08 April 2009, 07:57:57 »

Wayne. STOP NOW.
You drama queen ;D

TB best becarefull he might get ""shot through the heart"" then he would be "living on a prayer"" and poor old wayne would be ""wanted dead or alive"". ;D

Right back too mien kamp  :-X

Oh regards garages doing head gasket tests...last car i had tested was ""without doubt 100% deffinetely head gasket sir....stake my reputation on it"" or so the garage owner said.

Odd how it turned out too be no gearbox oil/engine oil over filled..... :o

Don't trust these garages simple.!
« Last Edit: 08 April 2009, 08:01:27 by stuart30 »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.