Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5V6 cam id's  (Read 958 times)

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
2.5V6 cam id's
« on: 04 September 2006, 19:58:42 »

I've just posted the below in the thread 'omega running problems- help me !!!!!' and thought it warranted a new thread. Anyone any comments?

My cams are stamped at the rear end, away from the sprockets.

Inlet N
Exhaust D

I wasn't sure I had them the right way round so I went out and checked again and I've got 3 N's and 1 D. There is also a number stamped in the middle of the cams and 3 they have F and 1 has E stamped in the middle. Could I have 3 inlet and 1 exhaust cam???

Would it run??

Mine is a 1997 2.5 v6

I saw a post saying inlet was F, exhaust E and for 3l inlet G exhaust A.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5V6 cam id's
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2006, 20:59:22 »

I'm not sure myself, though i'm certain someone will be along soon with an answer.  ;)

Mark has covered V6 camshaft ID in the maintenace guides section if that helps you, you can find it here.

Sorry i can't be of more help.  ::)
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5V6 cam id's
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2006, 21:14:06 »

Mark has covered V6 camshaft ID in the maintenace guides section if that helps you, you can find it here.
That's where I saw the E and F mentioned. I know it's the first time the cams have been out and I've had no complaints about performance in the 9 years I've had it. I always put the slugishness below 3,000 revs down to a combination of the automatic gearbox and it not really generating a lot of torqu until 3,000 revs but now I'm wondering. The front three lifters in the exhaust bank with the suspected inlet cam in were duff and I always thought that a bit too much of a coincidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.