Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Drivers Door  (Read 765 times)

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
Changing Drivers Door
« on: 05 September 2006, 13:19:33 »

Well I've finally tracked down a drivers door after a couple of months of searching :)
It should arrive early next week, just hope it's as good as the guy says it is ::)
It's complete, but there's no key, so was wondering if it's worth fiddling about & changing the locks?
I did this on a car years ago & it was a right pain in the ar$e!
Also not having done this before; does anyone have any tips/things to look out for (Haynes says the pins are susceptible to damage).
Cheers.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2006, 13:21:02 by paulmccristall »
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Drivers Door
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2006, 13:28:10 »

Having had a look inside my drivers door lock removal is pretty easy as all the rods are clipped in place there is an arm that unhooks from the door handle, although its not attached it just acts as a plunger as when you lift the door handle the bar inside moves down forcing the lock arm down to open.

The door handle inside has a rod which goes across and clips in and the door pin is just clipped on.

Once all the door lock rods are removed, at this point you should be able to remove the cover if needed, then remove the three bolts holding the lock and the whole thing should slide down and out allowing for the window runner if I remember rightly.

With the rod from the barrel disconnected I think it twist to release, not 100% sure as I didn't remove this part.

HTH
« Last Edit: 05 September 2006, 14:12:08 by nixoro »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.