Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't think I'd try this  (Read 3036 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Don't think I'd try this
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2019, 08:35:44 »

Unlike a fatal Tesla crash in Ukraine a few weeks a go on the Kiev-Odessa motorway. Early morning with a low sun angle in their driving assist mode & it didn't see or react to a clear lane closed lorry with chevrons on the back for moving across a lane.

Just more Darwin at work.

"I can't see where I'm going. Good job my car drives itself". ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2019, 09:37:28 »

Unlike a fatal Tesla crash in Ukraine a few weeks a go on the Kiev-Odessa motorway. Early morning with a low sun angle in their driving assist mode & it didn't see or react to a clear lane closed lorry with chevrons on the back for moving across a lane.

And you'd have to be a future Darwin candidate to tick the autopilot on the options list, knowing how poor Tesla software (in general, but especially in relation to the autopilot) really is.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2019, 13:48:22 »

In which case, why the fack are they allowed to sell it to joe public ? Maybe sacrificing a few humans is worth allegedly preserving the icebergs ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2019, 13:57:57 »

In which case, why the fack are they allowed to sell it to joe public ? Maybe sacrificing a few humans is worth allegedly preserving the icebergs ?

Because we've been repeatedly promised self driving cars before teatime today, so they have to put what they have so far into use. With 7.7billion humans on the planet, pretend AIs killing a few thousand doesn't really matter.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2019, 15:11:08 »

Our car has lane assist. You can actually let it steer round a few corners itself before it spots no driver input and reminds you with a loud bing. It does the same when I steer straight for too long too. Good party trick and a useful feature for people that fall asleep on long journeys.

I still remain to be convinced that these autonomous vehicles will work ( despite accepting they are the future).  Some concerns are how does it work in bad weather ( snow, rain, mud). Can it see potholes or objects onthe road or indeed dimwits in your lane coming round a corner., roadwork lane changes and so on?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2019, 16:29:36 »

And you'd have to be a future Darwin candidate to tick the autopilot on the options list, knowing how poor buy a Tesla software (in general, but especially in relation to the autopilot) really is.

Fixed. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 August 2019, 17:22:04 »

Can,t see them working on C roads and country lanes. Most of the drivers, sorry, knobs who are around here seem to think that they are never going to meet another vehicle, ever.  >:(

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 August 2019, 18:39:18 »

If there are no road markings-as on some smaller roads/country lanes/just after a road has been re-surfaced-how does it know whether you're "in lane" or not? When autonomous vehicles become the norm[which they eventually will]there could be some real fun and games when the hackers get to work!

aaronjb

« Reply #23 on: 12 August 2019, 08:22:37 »

If there are no road markings-as on some smaller roads/country lanes/just after a road has been re-surfaced-how does it know whether you're "in lane" or not? When autonomous vehicles become the norm[which they eventually will]there could be some real fun and games when the hackers get to work!

The hackers are already hard at work: https://www.carhackingvillage.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.