Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre-authorisation  (Read 3740 times)

STEMO

Re: Pre-authorisation
« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2018, 11:04:55 »

Answer as far as petrol stations are concerned is simple don't pay at the pump,that way there's no pre-authorisation and no refund to wait for :y Having said that a report today says one of the ways to beat obesity is to pay at the pump for fuel and then you're not tempted to buy all sorts of chocolate/sweets/sugary drinks etc. while you're in the kiosk paying ::)
[/highlight]
Ignore ,em, it,s called willpower. ;D
I reckon, for some, the walk to the kiosk is the only exercise they get. :D

I do with all petrol stations would have pay at pump (and for LPG), as it's the only way to avoid the idiots doing their weekly shop.
Petrol stations would cease to exist if it wasn't for the mini mart. Then your choice would be limited to one of the supermarkets.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 May 2018, 12:56:54 »

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2018/05/asda-suspends-trial-of-99-card-charge-for-pay-at-the-pump-customers?_ga=2.13066420.2086367729.1523199387-993221759.1498941198

I do wonder why they can't do a "pay at pump" transaction without an advance charge yet you can fill up with as much fuel as you like as a "pay at kioskM&S" customer without any pre-authorisation. They have exactly the same problem if you can't pay. ::)

I can sort of understand hotels and hire car companies doing it, given that they might find a hire car floating in the hotel's swimming pool in the morning. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2018, 18:44:14 »

I'm an AirBnB host and never rejected anyone, and "so far" all guests have been great, well one or two have been a bit "odd" but no major issues. However we are not cheap, we're among the most expensive AirBnB places in the area.

Catering for the discerning sheep enthusiast? ;D

Nope    ::)

. . . . . . . Goats    :y

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.