Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mummy Bus fires  (Read 1405 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Mummy Bus fires
« on: 03 May 2018, 10:44:14 »

Vauxhall Zafira fires face criminal investigation - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43987134

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Mummy Bus fires
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2018, 11:35:49 »

So basically if I buy a cheap Chinese tat knockoff from the bay of thieves to repair the resistor and it catches on fire it is Vauxhall's fault, even where the ones that caught fire had 'unauthorized' repairs. >:( >:( >:(

I'm aware that Western Government's are a collective shower of sh*t, but this is taking their stupidity and buck passing responsibility to new levels. >:( >:( >:( How about the government and trading standards do their job and banning the sale of dangerous counter-fit goods, by prosecuting those that are importing and selling them as silly me thought that was the government's and trading standard's jobs. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2018, 12:09:03 »

The world will be a poorer place with one less Zaffy to shine joy and light into peoples lives. ::)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2018, 12:53:03 »

My VX dealer that replaced the bits in mine had a resistor pack on show they changed.
It had a 6mm bolt across the terminals

Keith ABS

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2018, 14:05:43 »

So basically if I buy a cheap Chinese tat knockoff from the bay of thieves to repair the resistor and it catches on fire it is Vauxhall's fault, even where the ones that caught fire had 'unauthorized' repairs. >:( >:( >:(

I'm aware that Western Government's are a collective shower of sh*t, but this is taking their stupidity and buck passing responsibility to new levels. >:( >:( >:( How about the government and trading standards do their job and banning the sale of dangerous counter-fit goods, by prosecuting those that are importing and selling them as silly me thought that was the government's and trading standard's jobs. >:( >:( >:(

... But this way they can be seen to be doing something by creating a big splash whilst going for the easy target. Manufacturers will just have to learn by example that they have to make their products more tolerant of cheap counterfeit parts. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2018, 18:17:45 »

I applaud the Government for doing this, due to the fact that Vauxhall is now a French company, and the French never miss a chance to stitch up the Brits.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2018, 23:53:33 »

I applaud the Government for doing this, due to the fact that Vauxhall is now a French company, and the French never miss a chance to stitch up the Brits.  ;D

.. and, if they think their electrics have been prone to going up in smoke before.. Wait until the Shitroen electricians get to it. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.