Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit final offer  (Read 5347 times)

STEMO

Re: Brexit final offer
« Reply #15 on: 02 October 2019, 18:25:48 »

I really can't see why the EU don't just say no deal now. How can we possibly end up anywhere else? Nothing, but nothing, will get through parliament, so a no deal has to be the end result.
That's a UK problem, not an EU problem.
What difference does that make? Still no deal.
The EU don't need to look like blockers here, so why would they?

I'm sure they know the UK wont agree that "deal", Boris knows it, in fact it smells of another delay method by Boris to get nearer the 31st date ;)
You're doing the blame game thing. No one cares, why should they? If we leave with no deal, do we then spend three years arguing about who's fault it was? Out is out, and it really makes no difference who's fault it is.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 October 2019, 18:27:10 »

Here we go. It doesn't matter what the EU says, old man Corbyn doesn't like it.
His standard response seems to be to disagree.

Yes. He like to oppose, almost as if he is  a member of the opposition..... ::) ::) ::)

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 02 October 2019, 18:27:50 »

Inserted below cause Opti poked his nose in  ;D
« Last Edit: 02 October 2019, 18:29:30 by STEMO »

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 02 October 2019, 18:28:31 »

I really can't see why the EU don't just say no deal now. How can we possibly end up anywhere else? Nothing, but nothing, will get through parliament, so a no deal has to be the end result.
That's a UK problem, not an EU problem.
What difference does that make? Still no deal.
The EU don't need to look like blockers here, so why would they?

I'm sure they know the UK wont agree that "deal", Boris knows it, in fact it smells of another delay method by Boris to get nearer the 31st date ;)
You're doing the blame game thing. No one cares, why should they? If we leave with no deal, do we then spend three years arguing about who's fault it was? Out is out, and it really makes no difference who's fault it is.
Ah, I might have misunderstood your reply, sorry.

Thing is, if parliament refuses to pass any deal, then no deal (or revoking art. 50) are the only two options.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 October 2019, 19:11:58 »

That number was on the bus with an NHS logo and was to highlight just how much money we waste on the EU membership as spending that much on the NHS would be equally pointless.
Hardline brexiteers are backtracking on it, now chief brainwasher Farage has backtracked on it, but go and look at the pic of the bus again.  Very evidently, its implying that £349m a week would be spent on the NHS.

Which I agree is a waste of money. But that doesn't make an outright naughty porkie suddenly OK.

The numbers on the bus was part of the official leave campaign run by Dominic Cummings with Boris, Gove etc. Farage and Aaron Banks ran a completely separate, unconnected campaign, and criticised the numbers on the bus at the time.
Nothing to do with Farage whatsoever, then or now.

Nick W clearly knows less than nothing on Irish matters, but that aside. If the UK commit to not putting up a border in Ireland, it immediately becomes an EU/ROI problem ,as the ROI really wont want it, but the EU will have no choice but to force them to install one to protect their single market. It wont work of course, because there is nothing that will ever stop that border being as porous as a sponge.
« Last Edit: 02 October 2019, 19:15:06 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 October 2019, 21:55:54 »

From what I can make out Boris's customs checks part of the plan seems just as suitable for a clean break Brexit as leaving with a deal.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 October 2019, 12:25:49 »

Anyone seen Switzerlands “ hard  border” with the EU.?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

MCU

• Sweden
  • Best driving vehicle and the caravan is BIG
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 October 2019, 12:49:29 »

well . I'm a swede and i buy a lot of car parts from the uk since i like omegas. But to be frank the uk is a good place to buy stuff. I a Brexit becomes a reality, you guys really stand to loose a lot from that... the uk is a very good market forre just about everything. But vat and fees would kill my wallet so to speak... Brexit is a terrible idea and a really feel sorry for all the Brits who want to stay in the Eu or make a better planned Brexit, to not loose business.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2019, 12:51:41 by MCU »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 October 2019, 13:34:26 »

Interesting post  and perspective MCU.

Prices you pay buying from a post Brexit Britain will have to increase as a punishment for having the temerity of leaving the EU and to stop any other country thinking of leaving. You will be able to get Omega parts from Germany.

It is true that the issue of Brexit is very divisive especially in Britain. Less so in EU countries especially those that are not net contributors to the EU budget. What is not to like with free money for hospital, road and rail projects.?

You say Brexit is a terrible idea. I find the EU goal of a Federal Europe led by leaders selected by the establishment a terrible idea.

The real shame is the Common market we joined was a good idea. It changed into its current format without the consent of the ordinary man in the British Street.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 October 2019, 13:53:59 »

^^^^YES^^^^
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 October 2019, 13:55:29 »

well . I'm a swede and i buy a lot of car parts from the uk since i like omegas. But to be frank the uk is a good place to buy stuff. I a Brexit becomes a reality, you guys really stand to loose a lot from that... the uk is a very good market forre just about everything. But vat and fees would kill my wallet so to speak... Brexit is a terrible idea and a really feel sorry for all the Brits who want to stay in the Eu or make a better planned Brexit, to not loose business.
A slightly skewed perspective... The duties and tariffs will be charged by Sweden (the EU) on arrival and won't be set by us.

As customers, we reserve the right to buy from where we choose. Import duties and freight costs are a burden we all bear, regardless of where we live or purchase.

The EU may well slap ridiculous taxes on goods imported from the UK, but it will be just as detrimental to the EU as it will the UK. In fact, if it were to happen, I strongly suspect that you will find that prices within the EU will rise to almost the same level as tariffed goods imported from the UK. You also have the option of driving to Norway, so if it really were that bad, you could set up a PO box in Norway and have everything shipped there if the tariffs are more favourable...
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 October 2019, 14:07:59 »

Many of the more vocal members on this site are very pro Brexit at any cost, so I admire you're bravery.  Its also good to here another perspective, as the British perspective on it all is so polar, and frankly tedious.

Whilst Europe is not without it major issues, and desperately needs reform, I personally think its a stupid idea to leave. As does just about every economist out there.  But because its such a divisive issue, the leave-at-any-cost followers cannot see whats coming, and the remainers can't grasp the democratic process that was undertaken (mostly, I suspect, as what is being offered is not what the middle ground leavers voted for).
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 October 2019, 14:45:46 »

Well we have been here many times before. The short term economic costs are academic with a long term view. The key question is what is right. Be part of a club run by unelected leaders with their own agenda and be comfortable OR leave and make our own way with our own rules and own elected leaders.

I make no apology for using my analogy with a failed marriage. You either fix it or leave. Doing nothing and hoping things will improve is not an option. The issue for many  is how badly off are you in the failed marriage ( financially, physically, mentally) . Everyone has different thresholds.

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 03 October 2019, 14:46:52 »

Many of the more vocal members on this site are very pro Brexit at any cost, so I admire you're bravery.  Its also good to here another perspective, as the British perspective on it all is so polar, and frankly tedious.

Whilst Europe is not without it major issues, and desperately needs reform, I personally think its a stupid idea to leave. As does just about every economist out there.  But because its such a divisive issue, the leave-at-any-cost followers cannot see whats coming, and the remainers can't grasp the democratic process that was undertaken (mostly, I suspect, as what is being offered is not what the middle ground leavers voted for).
I'm a leave at any cost brexiteer and I can certainly see what's coming. Nothing a stiff upper lip won't sort out.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 October 2019, 15:35:41 »

I'm a leave at any cost brexiteer and I can certainly see what's coming. Nothing a stiff upper lip won't sort out.  ;D

Your memory is poor. Barnsley left the EU on the 29th march 2019. You and the whippet are now free men. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.