Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This weekend I will be mostly...  (Read 4175 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
This weekend I will be mostly...
« on: 02 March 2012, 13:59:06 »

Witnessing what other blokes' wives moan about cluttering up the living room. ;D

http://www.thehifishow.com/

My cousin is exhibiting his setup, and I'm going along to help, and have a look round, of course.

EDIT: Oh, and have a huge curry and beer session the night before with a load of geeks, obviously. :D

Anyone else up to anything interesting?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martian

Re: This weekend I will be mostly...
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2012, 14:02:32 »

That is some seriously nice kit, and I'm regretting getting rid of my Paradigm PS1000's because I still haven't found anything out there that comes even close to delivering the building destroying bass they could deliver  :(

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2012, 14:05:17 »

Tomorrow I will be mostly upto my elbows in diesel as I have a 3C MkIII JCB diesel tank to drain and clean plus I also want to service the fuel system on two of the Leyland 380 engines on my DMU with a viewing to firing them up.

Sunday is a trip to B&Q for a kids DIY class with No1 (and only) son where hes making a tool box out of wood.

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2012, 14:05:41 »

I will mostly be getting a lift to the western coast of Wales, picking up an old Jag XJ12 and driving all the way back (hopefully!) with it.

On Sunday .. I may tinker with the MR2 & Omega - the cam covers are really starting to stink (I know, I've been saying that since I bought it!)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2012, 14:07:50 »

quality equipment.. unfortunately they are very rare here..

and at the weekend I guess I'll try to clean the cars from salt and mud :-\ :P  the weather was very bad this week..

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2012, 14:08:57 »

Dont leave your, iPod or MP3 player lying around in there Kevin.

Not if you want to see it in one piece again.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 March 2012, 14:14:00 »

That is some seriously nice kit, and I'm regretting getting rid of my Paradigm PS1000's because I still haven't found anything out there that comes even close to delivering the building destroying bass they could deliver  :(

It was quite an eye opener last year.. Mainly because the ratio of cost to sound quality was extremely variable! One system stood out, though. It was the one on which we had the "Prodigy" session after the bar shut. I have never heard anything achieve nightclub sound levels whilst sounding so good. Unfortunately the cost was in remortgage territory.

Tomorrow I will be mostly upto my elbows in diesel as I have a 3C MkIII JCB diesel tank to drain and clean plus I also want to service the fuel system on two of the Leyland 380 engines on my DMU with a viewing to firing them up.

Sunday is a trip to B&Q for a kids DIY class with No1 (and only) son where hes making a tool box out of wood.

Start 'em young. :y

I will mostly be getting a lift to the western coast of Wales, picking up an old Jag XJ12 and driving all the way back (hopefully!) with it.

I'll be listening out for the slurping sounds. :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 March 2012, 14:14:44 »

On Sunday .. I may tinker with the MR2 & Omega - the cam covers are really starting to stink (I know, I've been saying that since I bought it!)

Lovely old motor, Aaron. And  f**king quick in it's day,too. :y :y

What year is it?.....not the Daimler Double Six version by any chance?

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 02 March 2012, 14:18:17 »

1994 - it's the last of the XJ40s (XJ81, actually) before they became the X300, so sadly it has styling courtesy of "The decade that fashion forgot", the 1980s. It's going to be a donor for the kit car, though, otherwise I'd go for the older 'Series 3' style XJ12 :y

Yeah, I suspect the cost of diesel to get me there is the least of my worries - it'll probably cost twice that to drive the Jag back! ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 March 2012, 14:46:53 »

1994 - it's the last of the XJ40s (XJ81, actually) before they became the X300, so sadly it has styling courtesy of "The decade that fashion forgot", the 1980s. It's going to be a donor for the kit car, though, otherwise I'd go for the older 'Series 3' style XJ12 :y

Yeah, I suspect the cost of diesel to get me there is the least of my worries - it'll probably cost twice that to drive the Jag back! ;D

I was hoping that you were going to collect an original 1972/73 XJ12 with the deep grill(e).... :-\ :-\ :-\

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 02 March 2012, 14:50:56 »

I was hoping that you were going to collect an original 1972/73 XJ12 with the deep grill(e).... :-\ :-\ :-\

Sadly no - one of those (at least, in good condition) would cost me a lot more than this XJ12 did (£600, plus fuel to collect it) ;) and if I was spending that much on a Jag then I think I'd be going for an XJS and, oh, why did you make me look? £2495 for a 1989 XJRS V12...

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #11 on: 02 March 2012, 15:26:55 »

I will be going to TheBoy's ,  and fixing up his mate's guitar,   sorting out tech2 stuff on daughter's Astra, and attempting the CID install on the Mv6 again....

Kev,  dunno if he's there this year, but if he is,  check out Steve Phillips' stuff at SPAcoustics

i have an active  £13k pair of his Landscape SP1M model  in the studio.....    a measured flat response IN THE ROOM within ±3dB from 18Hz to 18kHz , and only down to -5dB at 10 Hz and 20kHz

and no measurable harmonic distortion ,   unratherbeleivably good.....     he does hi fi stuff as well with pretty finishes and the like....   

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

feeutfo

« Reply #12 on: 02 March 2012, 15:42:29 »

This weekend I are be mostly... Entertaining Mum for the weekend.

Martian

« Reply #13 on: 02 March 2012, 15:42:43 »

I'll be going to Max's place to rob him while he's busy at Jaime's  ;D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 March 2012, 15:46:11 »

Sadly no - one of those (at least, in good condition) would cost me a lot more than this XJ12 did (£600, plus fuel to collect it) ;) and if I was spending that much on a Jag then I think I'd be going for an XJS and, oh, why did you make me look? £2495 for a 1989 XJRS V12...

At least you get the full six litres with the later V12 lump. :y
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.