Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: break all fuel in Horsham  (Read 4977 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: break all fuel in Horsham
« Reply #30 on: 30 March 2012, 00:06:19 »

I filled up on Monday, as I do every week, mostly half to three quarters needed to do this.... :'( :'( :'(
Went to pick up Miss Vamps from Ice Skating tonight and passed one petrol station that only had one car in it, a few miles up the road and a big station with small ques ::) ::) ::) Tomorrow is pay day for many people, so garages should be even more busy,i need fuel to get to and do my work so will assume that on Saturday things will have calmed so can top up then, and keep it topped up as much as I can. I have already told work that if a strike goes ahead I can manage a week and then will have to take holiday or un paid leave....... >:( >:( >:(
I don't do politics but things are getting really bad for me, all the time more money going out but no pay rise for years, and now I have had a letter to say my Mortgage is going up despite no interest rise.......there has to be a point where the average person can not continue to pay their way.............. >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'(

buttsy19

• gateshead
    • omega 2.2 cd, mini cooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 March 2012, 07:35:22 »

Same here Vamps, i have a fifty mile round trip to get to work and back, so i have also told my company that if the fuel strike goes ahead and i am unable to get an adequate supply then i to will have to have either unplanned holiday entitlement or unpaid leave, they have been brilliant with there response saying that if the worst comes to the worst then i can have a lend of a company van, because we have our own diesel storage tanks at work (bus depot i work in the engineering dept) and we should be uneffected by the strike.
Top response i thought.
If it aint broke, break it, then fix it

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 March 2012, 10:06:47 »

Luckily had no issues on the bike earlier in the week, could have created issues with just a 20L tank!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 March 2012, 10:17:08 »

just driven past 3 filling stations, shell, morrisons, tesco....normal prices and normal queues!

aaronjb

« Reply #34 on: 30 March 2012, 10:53:18 »

i need fuel to get to and do my work so will assume that on Saturday things will have calmed so can top up then

Likewise, I'm hoping that some semblance of 'sanity' (or what passes for it, in this country) has resumed by Saturday. The Omega is mostly full right now, but a trip to Stansted Airport and back on Saturday morning is going to pretty much empty it..

So I took the MR2 to work today, despite the rattly clutch and woeful alignment (damn seized TRE locknut >:().. still the roads were relatively quiet so it made for a nice top-down drive in :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 March 2012, 12:23:30 »

Was getting very concerned .....

I needed a gallon for the lawn mower .....

so went and filled up the car with LPG then went via Sainsbury's on the way home ... expecting long queues and derisory comments over 5 litres ...

No queues, normal prices, had a laugh with the lass behind the desk over what was the lowest sale this week .. and it seems my 5 litres was nowhere near it !!

Looks like all the numpties now have full tanks and life will revert to normal for a while  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 March 2012, 12:33:24 »

Just need a couple of days for their tanks to get down to 1/2 full, then some more rumblings from the unions. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

smithpa7

« Reply #37 on: 30 March 2012, 14:16:06 »

There are three garages local to me.
Tesco had two pumps working today out of 12 and also had huge queues.
Shell had no fuel at all.
The local jet was fully operational. So I filled up SWMBO's Bavarian Muck Wagon, only £83 :'(
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.