Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Linked Events

• High Wycombe Meet: 07 May 2012
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: High Wycombe Date Confirmed  (Read 29857 times)

ted_one

Re: High Wycombe Date Confirmed
« Reply #60 on: 03 May 2012, 19:01:37 »

+1

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 03 May 2012, 19:36:45 »

gayboyGixer raises a valid point. Is Mrs Terbert doing rolls, or is BBQ coming out?  Just need to know what to bring - money or pig ;D
Screenshot saved and e-mailed to Mrs TB  ;D ;D ;D

If the BBC are to be believed, rain is not forecast until around 4pm on Monday although it's gonna be a bit chily at 10° C.

If anybody is bringing a set of spring compressors and is up for it, I'd like to change the springs on the Beemer to help reduce the garage bill I have coming to me on Tuesday.
Naturally it would be nice to get all 4 springs done in one go, but if we could at least get the rears done that would shave an hour off the bill for me (book time for both the front springs is 2 hours).

I'll be bringing the following:

Myself
Small selection of hand tools inc trolley jack & 6 ton axle stands
Laptop
Portable hard drive filled to the gunnels with popular software
Blank CD's & DVD's
Red meat (if BBQ is on)
Ritalin (to stop me getting carried away)
Tramadol (to mask the pain from my bowel op)

I'm sure I'll think of more later on, but that's about it for now.

The last 3 series rear springs I changed were a doddle... Drop the bottom shock mount and they will fall out without lowering the diff ;)

Hopefully yours will be as easy :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 03 May 2012, 19:57:25 »

Does anyone have a tool to pull the stereo out? The display doesn't always work so i thought i would check the rear connections.
Also would appreciate if someone tried to lift my rear blind whilst i press the button as it just clicks now :'( Thanks

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 03 May 2012, 20:14:18 »

i do have radio removal keys/tools....failing them kevin wood is very good with a pair of mole grips lol.... :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

ted_one

« Reply #64 on: 03 May 2012, 20:31:15 »

As long as he's only using the grips on you're radio you'll be quite safe :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 03 May 2012, 20:47:41 »

gayboyGixer raises a valid point. Is Mrs Terbert doing rolls, or is BBQ coming out?  Just need to know what to bring - money or pig ;D

If the BBC are to be believed, rain is not forecast until around 4pm on Monday although it's gonna be a bit chily at 10° C.

If anybody is bringing a set of spring compressors and is up for it, I'd like to change the springs on the Beemer to help reduce the garage bill I have coming to me on Tuesday.
Naturally it would be nice to get all 4 springs done in one go, but if we could at least get the rears done that would shave an hour off the bill for me (book time for both the front springs is 2 hours).

Myself
Laptop
Blank CD's & DVD's
Red meat (if BBQ is on)

thought this was an omega meet???.......
I'll let Martian off, as he has a proper beemer. Might even have indicators. Maybe. Nah, don't be sily ;D
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 03 May 2012, 20:59:02 »

M3? They go for reasonable money these days, like to see how easy they are to work on. Not sure i can make it though

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 03 May 2012, 21:02:49 »

M3? They go for reasonable money these days, like to see how easy they are to work on. Not sure i can make it though
No. I meant proper beemer, as in 20+ years old, not the junk they make now
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 03 May 2012, 21:13:10 »

No. I meant proper beemer, as in 20+ years old, not the junk they make now

M3's still good though, if i ever went two door, would be a contender, along with a Monaro. Beemer would prob hold its value better

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201217467333033/sort/default/usedcars/price-from/7000/model/m3/make/bmw/radius/1501/postcode/bl81xw/page/11?logcode=p

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 03 May 2012, 21:15:35 »

i do have radio removal keys/tools....failing them kevin wood is very good with a pair of mole grips lol.... :y

Thanks  :y Kevin could always use the grips to pull up my blind!

feeutfo

« Reply #70 on: 03 May 2012, 23:19:14 »

Myself
Laptop
Blank CD's & DVD's
Red meat (if BBQ is on)

I'll let Martian off, as he has a proper beemer. Might even have indicators. Maybe. Nah, don't be sily ;D
I'll give him some matches for it. ...might even invest some patrol as well. ;D

Not familiar with these obviously, so no promises, but lets see what we can do M. ;)

Martian

« Reply #71 on: 04 May 2012, 12:09:09 »

The last 3 series rear springs I changed were a doddle... Drop the bottom shock mount and they will fall out without lowering the diff ;)
That's pretty much what the Youtube vids show, and the only possible problem I can foresee is if the bottom shock mount is secured by the "ba$tard" bolt. Official book time for both sides is 0.95, which would also indicate it is a pretty simple job (famous last words  ;D )

Funny you should say that.
I got a tug yesterday as the Beemer wasn't showing as insured on the MID and the copper asked if I knew why he had stopped me.
I went through a list of possibles (drifted slightly over speed limit, brake light out, etc) and the copper replied (with a deadpan straight face) "Your indicators appear to work sir"  ;D

It made a nice change to encounter a plod who had a sense of humour and wasn't up his own ar$e, and once he confirmed that I did have insurance I was on my merry way with no problems (or tickets).

Not an M3, just an M-Sport (sometimes known as M-Tech).
The M-Sport pack consists of gearstick, steering wheel, lowered & stiffened suspension, full (colour coded) body kit, bigger wheels/tyres, slightly tuned motor, and a few other little odds & sods.

A quick look on Autotrader & the Bay shows the average price to still be around the £1300 mark for the same model as mine, although not one of them had done less than 100K and they all had multiple previous owners (ours is one former owner, full BMW history, and a proveable 50K on the clock).
You'll get to see it on Sunday morning anyway  ;)

Not familiar with these obviously, so no promises, but lets see what we can do M. ;)
Cheers for that Chris  :y

Just in case you are interested (or for reference), pics of my suspension setup are below (click pics for bigger image).
I know the diagram is for the E30, but it also applies to mine as well.
More info & exploded views are listed >HERE<

Front Suspension

Rear Suspension

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 04 May 2012, 15:47:03 »

The M-Sport pack consists of gearstick, steering wheel, lowered & stiffened suspension, full (colour coded) body kit, bigger wheels/tyres, slightly tuned motor, and a few other little odds & sods.

A quick look on Autotrader & the Bay shows the average price to still be around the £1300 mark for the same model as mine, although not one of them had done less than 100K and they all had multiple previous owners (ours is one former owner, full BMW history, and a proveable 50K on the clock).
Not sure if my Mum's is an M-sport or not. Same 318iS badging as yours, 140bhp IIRC. Goes well enough. Reckon it would stand a chance of keeping a 3.2 auto Omega honest up to around 60/70mph (when the 3.0/3.2 autos come on song).

Her's (K reg, 1992) is just starting to go on rear wheel arches. Not sure how many miles she's done, about 80k last time I looked, but she does rack up the miles the older she gets ;D
Grumpy old man

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 04 May 2012, 17:13:27 »

That's pretty much what the Youtube vids show, and the only possible problem I can foresee is if the bottom shock mount is secured by the "ba$tard" bolt. Official book time for both sides is 0.95, which would also indicate it is a pretty simple job (famous last words  ;D )

Funny you should say that.
I got a tug yesterday as the Beemer wasn't showing as insured on the MID and the copper asked if I knew why he had stopped me.
I went through a list of possibles (drifted slightly over speed limit, brake light out, etc) and the copper replied (with a deadpan straight face) "Your indicators appear to work sir"  ;D

It made a nice change to encounter a plod who had a sense of humour and wasn't up his own ar$e, and once he confirmed that I did have insurance I was on my merry way with no problems (or tickets).

Not an M3, just an M-Sport (sometimes known as M-Tech).

You'll get to see it on Sunday morning anyway  ;)

Cheers for that Chris  :y

Just in case you are interested (or for reference), pics of my suspension setup are below (click pics for bigger image).
I know the diagram is for the E30, but it also applies to mine as well.
More info & exploded views are listed >HERE<

Front Suspension

Rear Suspension

you not coming to the meet then????.....as if you turn up on sunday you may well be billy no mates... :-X
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 04 May 2012, 18:44:37 »

Sunday Martian is popping over to mine :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.