Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5 v6 elite estate  (Read 12385 times)

05omegav6

Re: 2.5 v6 elite estate
« Reply #30 on: 19 March 2015, 13:17:55 »

I think it's a punctuation issue... I read
The  interior was changed last week , the light has been on since the cambelt was done in 2010 i think  :y :y

As...

The interior was changed last week, the light has been on since. The cambelt was done in 2010, I think...

:y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 March 2015, 13:30:58 »

I think it's a punctuation issue... I read
The  interior was changed last week , the light has been on since the cambelt was done in 2010 i think  :y :y

As...

The interior was changed last week, the light has been on since. The cambelt was done in 2010, I think...

:y

Yes absolutely. I've read it a different way. My apologies op :y

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 March 2015, 13:59:33 »

I am with you two on that. Just shows how punctuation affects things. Do not really want another estate, but anything is worth a look. But read the same as James and shied away straight away ;)
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 March 2015, 18:16:39 »

the light has been on since the cambelt was done in 2010 i think

I have been considering a cheap estate for the other half to use as a dog bus, and no offence to the OP but there are a few things in this thread concerning me - the airbag light being on, with no mention of this or explanation in the original ad, until it was discovered as a result of an unrelated picture request.

I don't think this adds up to be fair - and airbag light would fail the MOT, this has been the case for some time now, at least 3 + years. So it wouldn't have been passing it's MOT's for the last 4/5 years had the light been on that long. So either the light has been on for less than 5 months, which was roughly the last MOT test - OR a dodgey garage has been passing it regardless of the light.

I'm really not having a dig mate but you must be able to see where, as a potential buyer, I am coming from? :y
airbag light does not come under the M.O.T. only srs light :y :y

05omegav6

« Reply #34 on: 19 March 2015, 18:22:26 »

Care to explain the difference... ::)

SRS = Supplementary Restraint System which last time I looked includes Airbag, Side Airbag and seat belt pretensioners. :-X

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19 March 2015, 18:34:57 »

The difference is there is no criteria for an air bag fail in the mot only the srs lamp, and if any mot tester can show you the item in the mot test that an airbag light that is on fails an mot then he needs to read the mot manual. I have passed many with the lamp on and have even taken it up with vosa and they agree only srs light fails hope this helps :y :y

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 March 2015, 18:36:13 »

you are right srs is a supplementary restraint system not an air bag :y

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 19 March 2015, 18:42:43 »

The difference is there is no criteria for an air bag fail in the mot only the srs lamp, and if any mot tester can show you the item in the mot test that an airbag light that is on fails an mot then he needs to read the mot manual. I have passed many with the lamp on and have even taken it up with vosa and they agree only srs light fails hope this helps :y :y
That makes absolutely no sense... Please read the manual tells us...
 Control indicator v for belt tensioners The belt tensioners are monitored electronically together with the airbag systems. Their operational status is indicated by control indicator v in the instrument panel. When the ignition is switched on, the control indicator lights for approx.4seconds. If it does not light, does not go out after 4 seconds or lights while driving, there is a fault in the belt tensioner system or the airbag systems; see page89. There is a possibility that the belt tensioners or the airbag systems will not be triggered in the event of an accident.Have the cause of the fault remedied. We recommend that you consult your Vauxhall Authorised Repairer.

From page 81 of the owners manual...

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 March 2015, 18:51:16 »

this is an age old problem the air  bag light does not come under the mot only the srs light and if it is not in the mot testers manual you cannot fail it you are allowed to advise that the light is on the same as you can advise if the engine management lamp is on abs light should light up for approx. five seconds and then extinguish when I get to work tomorrow I will take a pic of the page concerned and try and post it on here  :y :y

05omegav6

« Reply #39 on: 19 March 2015, 18:55:55 »

If you read the section quoted from the owners manual, it is for the whole system, not just the airbags, it isn't even called 'airbag light'...

Anyway... Point is with those seats in that car the light is on because the seat systems are incompatible with that car. Ergo it's a failure. :-X

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19 March 2015, 21:06:33 »

:-\ :-\ :-\
Omegatitis

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 20 March 2015, 12:23:45 »

Is there no other way other than swapping the interior to get the air bag light to go out  ??? Obviously not to take the bulb out  ::)
Omegatitis

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • 3.0 omega elite fl / 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 20 March 2015, 12:31:28 »

yes like i said      this    air bag resistors see ebay listing number 321455576613  :y :y

05omegav6

« Reply #43 on: 20 March 2015, 12:34:55 »

Is there no other way other than swapping the interior to get the air bag light to go out  ??? Obviously not to take the bulb out  ::)
Might get away with swapping the seatbelt tensioners for facelift ones, but don't bank on it... will need resetting either way, and removing the bulb is, or bloody well should be, an MoT failure as it then won't come on at all.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 20 March 2015, 12:40:04 »

Might get away with swapping the seatbelt tensioners for facelift ones, but don't bank on it... will need resetting either way, and removing the bulb is, or bloody well should be, an MoT failure as it then won't come on at all.

Im missing something here , i thought it was a fl  ??? And re setting needs tech 2 ?
Omegatitis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.